Guild in April MaliFools!

belorey

Had a fun game in round 2 vs Craig. He ran Lady J and I ran Dashel. We both denied Vendetta (after both taking it with the Lone Marshal), and I think I need to seriously up my discipline about not taking named-model schemes -- I looked back and I'm under 50% completion on Vendetta in the MWS. Anyway, we fought in the center, because it's CLL, and we each got 3 strats. He got the endgame point of Claim Jump in with the Judge, while I used Heave on a Brutal Emissary to toss his newly-upgraded Emissary into my backline for the reveal on Take Prisoner. Tie game, 4-4. Some decent double-severe on neg and red joker timing flips killed off the Lone Marshals, and Lady J's healing vs Dashel's model attrition kept the game pretty close.

I had a Dashel vs Kirai game. Had the same crew Filox ran last tournament

Dashel (4SS)
Dispatcher
MG
Lone + LLC
Pale + LLC
Steward
Lawyer

Took Vendetta (Lone vs Dead Rider) and Spread Them Out. Scored only 1 point from Vendetta because I killed Dead Rider T2 and Lone had his own issues to deal with (Kirai, Ikiryo)

Ended up 7:3 with basically tabling my opponent T4.

Off to R3 😬

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trikk said:

I had a Dashel vs Kirai game. Had the same crew Filox ran last tournament

Dashel (4SS)
Dispatcher
MG
Lone + LLC
Pale + LLC
Steward
Lawyer

Took Vendetta (Lone vs Dead Rider) and Spread Them Out. Scored only 1 point from Vendetta because I killed Dead Rider T2 and Lone had his own issues to deal with (Kirai, Ikiryo)

Ended up 7:3 with basically tabling my opponent T4.

Off to R3 😬

yeah, I used basically that crew, too -- I swapped in Brutal Emissary for Pale Rider because I wanted to try a cheeky bury on his lodestone runner in the center, which I didn't quite get off. It was probably a mis-build vs Lady J, as he was able to misposition it with a Domador bury in the late rounds.

16 hours ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

yeah, I used basically that crew, too -- I swapped in Brutal Emissary for Pale Rider because I wanted to try a cheeky bury on his lodestone runner in the center, which I didn't quite get off. It was probably a mis-build vs Lady J, as he was able to misposition it with a Domador bury in the late rounds.

This Crew is designed to play against Kirai on LLC, so don't expect much from it versus other Masters :P

• Agree 1

Yesterday i played round 2 game. I won 3-2 in a very intense and funny match. I was with Nellie and i faced arcanist Hoffman.

It was curious about how Hoffy works with arcanist versatils and upgrades and he looks definitely stronger than in guild.

We couldn't finish T4 so maybe the game could be changed. My opponent recorded the game so i will post It when ready.

Nellie Pool: 4
  Nellie Cochrane
  The Printing Press
  Phiona Gage
  Field Reporter
  Pale Rider
  Guild Steward
  Guild Lawyer
  Rifleman

Hoffman Pool: 1
  Charles Hoffman
  Mechanical Attendant
  Mobile Toolkit
  Peacekeeper
  Hunter
    Diesel Engine
  Guardian
    Diesel Engine
  Envy
  Soulstone Miner
    Magical Training

The only kill in 4 turns was Hoffman so you can imagine how tactical the game was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

So plan for round 4?  A big round of wins could really establish a really strong guild showing.  Is Nellie the world killer in gg2 that I think she is?

I think noone knows yet. We played 0 rounds of GG2 strats and barely any schemes. I think Guild will have issues with the non-scheme schemes for now but maybe new releases will help that (Sonnia TOS starter???? 😬)

52 minutes ago, trikk said:

I think noone knows yet. We played 0 rounds of GG2 strats and barely any schemes. I think Guild will have issues with the non-scheme schemes for now but maybe new releases will help that (Sonnia TOS starter???? 😬)

If Sonnia gets pillar manipulation on an alt card I'll dive right back into her. She's just so one dimensional right now. 

10 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

So plan for round 4?  A big round of wins could really establish a really strong guild showing.  Is Nellie the world killer in gg2 that I think she is?

One heads up about round 4 is it is a LOT more combat-focused than you would think.

It is super interact-heavy, but all the action is on the centreline, so your crews occupy the same space.

On 4/28/2021 at 6:14 AM, belorey said:

I have to play against Explorer's McCabe and i have declared Nellie. So i have played all games with her. Not too bad at the moment 2-1 and i could even draw ir win my last game.

I haven't played against explorer mccabe yet, but I feel like new mccabe is a lot more dependent on the net gun.