Guild in April MaliFools!

belorey

12 hours ago, Pergli said:

Thanks for taking Plaag out of the running :D

I think Plaag said he was going to play Tara all event because is as strong as Colette, so he was out of the running anyway. 

We will see if he finally play all games with Tara.

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2021 at 3:20 AM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Beating Tara on Symbols is always impressive! And isn't Guild really bad at symbols in theory/so far in the series?

Will try to hunt down that video, seems interesting!

My Symbols winrate is around 20%. Other strats are around 50-60%.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Haha, I didn't consider that someone might jump over you and that'll push you down to pairing with me. Still most of the games to go, so a very definite possibility :D

We have the same VP and just 1 difference in diff, so maybe!

Well 7:3 is not so big diff, anyone who scores 4+ diff will push me down

• Like 1

Two questions about the first turn Trikk, since I don't know this matchup very well.

1. Any reason behind the symbols formation? I prefer a split approach against Tara when doing Ressers, but don't know what works well here.

2. Any reason you favoured attacking Hannah over Tara? In symbols Tara is usually my priority for attacks since she is the scheme runner, but I imagine it may be different for Guild.

I've rarely played against Hannah, so don't know how scary she is xD

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Any reason behind the symbols formation? I prefer a split approach against Tara when doing Ressers, but don't know what works well here.

I don't know what a "split approach" is but I kind of just assume he'll get 4 symbols unless I kill a bunch of his stuff :D

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Any reason you favoured attacking Hannah over Tara? In symbols Tara is usually my priority for attacks since she is the scheme runner, but I imagine it may be different for Guild.

Most of my ranged damage is :rangedbased. Tara has a Df trigger that auto-fails my projectile actions on a mask. Hannah has Df5 and AR. Might as well shoot at her without overextending.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trikk said:

I don't know what a "split approach" is but I kind of just assume he'll get 4 symbols unless I kill a bunch of his stuff :D

Oh, when playing against models like Tara I tend to do two touching the left wall, two touching the right. This means that after grabbing the second symbol, she has to travel ~34 inches to get the third symbol, which can be a real obstacle.

Of course, "just kill her team until they can't score" is even better xD

3 minutes ago, trikk said:

Most of my ranged damage is :rangedbased. Tara has a Df trigger that auto-fails my projectile actions on a mask. Hannah has Df5 and AR. Might as well shoot at her without overextending.

Hahahahaha, I am totally going to forget this when I use one of Resser's like 4 projectile attacks and then be SORELY disappointed that my mega-hit-of-doom does no damage.

I played yesterday Nellie vs Asami, it was a very close game and i won 6-5.

Nellie Crew - Pool: 5
  Nellie Cochrane
    Lead-Lined Coat
  The Printing Press
  Undercover Reporter
  Pale Rider
    Lead-Lined Coat
  Guild Steward
  The Lone Marshal
  Guild Lawyer

Asami Crew - Pool: 5
  Asami Tanaka
  Amanjaku
  Ohaguro Bettari
  Ama No Zako
  Kamaitachi
  Akaname
  Tengu
  Katashiro
  Yokai
  Terracotta Warrior

Deployment:

I was deffender so he choose downside and i start doping symbols. I leave Marshal behing to shoot all minions that would move to get the symbols with printting press protecting the symbol close to the building, my plan for Nellie and Rider was to run for the symbols and use Underecover to protect a symbol and Lawyer and Steward to heal and drop some schemes in the middle. I choose Hidden Martrys (Lawyer and Undercover) and Leave your Mark. He choose Assassinate and Sabotage

1719364543_DespliegueNellie-Asami.thumb.jpg.2cc0aa1c3b94acd5106c6448498392a0.jpg

Turn 1

Very peacefull turn, he moved his minions, i stack focus on Rider with Steward and i Ride with Me Nellie behind the building. He left Asami, Ama no Zaco and Ohaguro for las activations and i did the same with Rider, Nellie and Lone Marshal. Asami summoned a Joromugo and he charged to Nellie thanks of Asami's :aura that let him place when charging, he make 1 damage to Nellie and she run away from him with her def. trigger. Then Nellie damged Joromugo and give it to him, Slow, Distracted +1 and Stunned for next activation. Ama no Zaco moves to the middle an drop a scheme and Lone Marshal shoot twice with focus for a total of 10 damage, but he stone both times and reduce 6 damage for a total of 4 damage on T1.

Turn 2 (1-0)

Katashiro moves from the left side close to the symbol whilst Kamaitachi and Yokai do it on the right side. I used Nellie's pseudo obey to charge with Ama no Zaco to Amanjaku to let him with 1 wound. Then in the middel Ama no Zaco (1 attack), Tengu (1 attack), Ohaguro (2 attacks) charged to Nellie but thanx to stones, shielded and LLC i take a total of 3/4 damage. Undercover Reporter unbury base to base with Akaname and thanks of his bonus action i could move 6" to pick the symbol. The last activation was Pale Rider who moved twice and Revel in Conflict with a 7:ram i keep in my hand from the beggining of the round. So Asami crew get a total of 15 wounds at the end of the turn. 

1967672648_Turno3.thumb.jpg.6dc3215a6d4675fbc4bd4893c7617a57.jpg

I score 1 Symbol.

TURN 3 (2-2)

Undercover go first and pick second symbol. He attack with Ohaguro (but we have not good cards so he fails), then i go with Nellie and i make her shenanigans to give distracted +1, and stunned to Joromugo and Tengu (he also gain slow) and i killed Ama no Zaco with One more Question. He charged Nellie with Amanjaku and Akaname and i used Lawyer to make Rider charge and let him within 2" of Nellie for a Ride with Me. 

We both have no good cards this turn so he was no able to summond with Asami and neither able to give me too much damage on Nellie for the first point of Assassinate. He also need to spend actions to remove fire from Asami with terracota warrior.

Yokai pick the symbol of the top right whilst Katashiro drop two schemes within some boxes for sabotage. My Lone Marshal shoot twice to Katashiro but he survived (1 wound left). Because he wasn't able to make too much damage on Nellie (thanks again of SS, LLC and Shielded) i finally used again Pale Rider's Revel in Conflict so i killed Tengu, Ohaguro and Amanjaku and i attack on melee to Akaname to kill him and shoot terracota warior and let him with burning 1 and 1 wound. Joromugo move and charge Lone Marshal and die with 3 flirk tokens (he was going to die for burning at the end of the turn).

Asami charge to Rider and stone for Execute but i didn't cheat, so i have a card to discard (no more cards and stones for next 2 attacks) then she attack Nellie and spend his last stone for crow, i spend my focus and i was so lucky because i get a 13 and he has no 13's on hand for cheat that, Nellie run away with her def trigger and Asami attack again to Rider.

I score 1 Symbol, he scores 1 Symbol and 1 Sabotage.

TURN 4 (3-3)

I go fist with Nellie and i give distracted +1 and stunned to Asami. Yokai and Kamataichi charge printting press 1 attack each. I shoot Katashiro with Lone Marshal and fails (i make a mistake here, becouse i shoud interact to deny the second point of sabotage). Lawyer makes Rider to drop a scheme marker outside of LoS of Asami. And Steward give slow to Asami and heal Nellie. Katashiro get the symbol and my Undercover Reporter moves to get the third symbol next turn.

2131569495_Turno4.thumb.jpg.72308ad9a4f493449b584f3e60f1a39e.jpg

I score Leave your Mark, he score 1 symbol.

TURN 5 (6-5)

Yokai got a symbol with his bonus, then move and charged Nellie and i get a RJ on defense, so i activated next Lawyer to pick it back, give shielded to Nellie and then, move and charge Asami/Yokai to score the last or first point of Hidden Martyrs with him. My pritting press killed Kamaitachi and he charged Lone Marshal so i could not deny his second of sabotage. Rider used his Ride with Me on Steward, drop a scheme and charge Asami again, Steward move a drop another scheme and Nellie move twice and drop a third Scheme. Undercover got a Symbol

403426617_Turno5.thumb.jpg.2eeb89130eb70756bfc027a901591a1b.jpg

I score 1 Sumbol, 1 Hidden Martyrs, 1 Leave your Mark and he score 1 Symbol and 1 Sabotage.

• Like 2