Guild in April MaliFools!

belorey

So the new event is on the way. 4 new maps and maybe a new GG2 if they are release during the event.

Who will join the Guild files to keep the order in Malifuax?

Round 1:

IMG_20210404_162440.thumb.jpg.99d5325089df0d4558c9a298d8c2c640.jpg

Round 2:

IMG_20210404_162505.thumb.jpg.272534a7e746ef5094c2f28e545ec66f.jpg

Round 3:

IMG_20210404_162519.thumb.jpg.9899b7bc244dc1419aa4c371e46d486b.jpg

Round 4:

IMG_20210404_162535.thumb.jpg.df9dd880404595431c43fafa9336dd7f.jpg

Edited by belorey
Changes on Round maps
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yessssss, someone else did it first!!!

I'm totally stealing your images for the Ressers thread, thanks!

That's right, the Ressers are stealing your secrets!!

We have a security breach!

A resser has infiltrated!

Call the Guard and secure the petimeter!

flash flashing GIF

• Haha 3

• belorey changed the title to Guild in April MaliFools!
On 3/28/2021 at 4:45 AM, Yore Huckleberry said:

Round One is interesting. Recover with no Assassinate makes both Lady J and Nellie look good out the gate. Basse is probably fine there, though it's sad to lose the sandworm's bury in Recover Evidence games.

Why would you lose the sandworm's self-bury?

Hint: just beat the sand worm down to 1 hp in your deployment zone, then heal up and bury to your heart's content!

24 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Why would you lose the sandworm's self-bury?

Hint: just beat the sand worm down to 1 hp in your deployment zone, then heal up and bury to your heart's content!

Sand Worm is HtW no HtK so too risky and too many actions.

Just now, belorey said:

Sand Worm is HtW no HtK so too risky and too many actions.

xD yeah, I figured it'd be hard in Guild.

I spent ages working out how to do it in Ressers, but you need a lot of 1 damage things as a safety measure. And also the ability to just set up camp in your deployment zone since it is so action intensive.

But this is a good pool for wasting your turn one as your opponent trudges across the board.

Just now, belorey said:

I don't see Basse in this pool with flank deployment. There is not enought severe terrain for him and his shenanigans.

I'm still trying to learn Basse, so am keen to hear more.

You don't reckon the river is enough? Is it that it is tons of severe terrain, but is too easily avoided? Severe without concealing seems like a dream.

5 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Oh, and why if flank bad? is it because your opponent has so much deployment zone that your advantage is decreased a bit?

Yes, and because they are so close to you, so you "loose" your Home of the Range.

You usually have an extra 5"-7" for deployment so in standard, wedge and corner can get middle easy whilst keep distance from enemies.

But with flank if you deploy your models 6" away from your deployment you can be charged on T1.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

Flank deployment and HOTR are also why the home-base camping with Basse isn't as great of an idea. Mind you, the Sand Worm isn't BAD in this strat; it just isn't amazing.

I think its bad, because Sand Worm loss his def. tech so you cannot bury after an attack. With df 4 and no armour It can be easily killed.

10 hours ago, Kharnage said:

Real Basse players spam Home on the Range anyway. Remember kids; you don't have to waste time walking if you start the game in the enemy deployment :)

You don't waste time walking if you start the game in enemy charge range (cause you're dead)

50 minutes ago, trikk said:

You don't waste time walking if you start the game in enemy charge range (cause you're dead)

Isn't that what Traps are for?

Although I will admit they work less well if you get to deploy further forward with your crew than they are allowed to with from the shadows...😉

3 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I quite like starting the sand worm right up at the enemy deployment zone so it can self bury without activating if they attack it, and so it can charge and attack if they don't.

(Not for round 1 of course).

I particulary preffer to go first activation with Sand Worm so i concentrate, drop a scheme near to Basse and in the middle (for a claim jump or StO) and bury.

So you have Sand Worm full of heal and ready for last activation of T2, if you have a 3+:ram he ean kill a support model and charge another one (and let him close to death for begining of T3).

Edit: T3 should be like T1, go fiesta with him, attack and kill the target, if you have a PA left, drop a scheme and bury again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, trikk said:

I already played my game and won 7:6 in Nellie vs Tara. Super strong opponent and the game was pretty tight. 

Don't have screens but it should be on yt.

Beating Tara on Symbols is always impressive! And isn't Guild really bad at symbols in theory/so far in the series?

Will try to hunt down that video, seems interesting!