Common misconceptions about abilities?

Just wondering what abilities people find there are constant misconceptions about. No matter how many times you play it, people don't know how the ability actually works.

For me it is Ambush - everyone thinks you can't use it when engaged, and are always caught by surprise when I use it in engagement. Bonus points if you can explain why this matters without checking the cards 😜

What other abilities do people find are often misunderstood? Maybe post about the ability and the wrong interpretation and we'll see if we can remember what the real text is without reading it!

I find a lot of people don't know how sputtering exhaust works. Too many times have I had to tell people that I still have concealment even though they are within 1 inch of me. And their model also has concealment, so they get a negative to lure/obey/otherwise attack their own model.

Also, before the errata everyone I met played Big Brain Brin's Calculate the Possibilities wrong and flipped the duel before discarding the cards. I'm convinced it was changed to its curent form solely because everyone was already playing it that way.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Axelst said:

I find a lot of people don't know how sputtering exhaust works. Too many times have I had to tell people that I still have concealment even though they are within 1 inch of me. And their model also has concealment, so they get a negative to lure/obey/otherwise attack their own model.

Also, before the errata everyone I met played Big Brain Brin's Calculate the Possibilities wrong and flipped the duel before discarding the cards. I'm convinced it was changed to its curent form solely because everyone was already playing it that way.

xD i take it that it used to be the cost? Yeah, I'd have played that wrong xD

3 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

For me it is Ambush - everyone thinks you can't use it when engaged, and are always caught by surprise when I use it in engagement. Bonus points if you can explain why this matters without checking the cards 😜

Do you use it with Rogue Necromancy just to discard a card and get extra poison without moving?

8 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Alas, this loophole doesn't help out my poor, slow Waldegeists.

• Haha 1