Is there a checklist by hiring Keyword?

Keltheos

On 3/24/2021 at 7:40 AM, ShinChan said:

https://biggerhat.net/

Not exactly what you're looking for, but it could work.

This is a wonderful resource, that I intend to look into a lot more deeply.

I do have one niggle, and that's the averaging of ranged abilities in Keyword.

Not including non-:ToS-Range: distance attacks (like Ancient Words), is iffy at best, as it doesn't help explain the ability of the crew to act at a distance if it has those attacks as it's primary ranged attacks.

But the main one, is averaging only those with a ranged attack, giving an even worse result.

Paul Crockett is the only model in Chimera with a ranged attack. Which means his Rng14, Stat 5, is the only value factored into the entire keyword's "average".

When compared to Perdita's crew's Rng 10, Stat 5, it makes the number kinda meaningless.

Appreciate the feedback! I'm actually the site dev and admin along with @Beeray. We're gonna work on fixing the averages to be a little better representative. It was already in the works. Definitely do appreciate the thoughts though and feel free to let us know anything else in the future! Site is about 85% ready towards a soft launch. Lots of stuff I want to fold in after that. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Hermit said:

Appreciate the feedback! I'm actually the site dev and admin along with @Beeray. We're gonna work on fixing the averages to be a little better representative. It was already in the works. Definitely do appreciate the thoughts though and feel free to let us know anything else in the future! Site is about 85% ready towards a soft launch. Lots of stuff I want to fold in after that. 

A thought on "ranged" attacks might to show several range bands (up to 8, 9-12, 13+, for instance) and the percent or number of model in faction/keyword with attacks that reach out that far.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cats Laughing said:

A thought on "ranged" attacks might to show several range bands (up to 8, 9-12, 13+, for instance) and the percent or number of model in faction/keyword with attacks that reach out that far.

Good idea. That might be something we look into doing. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 12:11 PM, Cats Laughing said:

I'd go... up to 6 (there's 14 models with things like Breath of fire/frost for example), 7-11, 12+, as that's essentially "charge range", "walk + charge", and "hope you are better than average if you wanna do this in one turn", for the average Mv5, 1" melee that may not be the mean average, but is almost certainly the median.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

I'd go... up to 6 (there's 14 models with things like Breath of fire/frost for example), 7-11, 12+, as that's essentially "charge range", "walk + charge", and "hope you are better than average if you wanna do this in one turn", for the average Mv5, 1" melee that may not be the mean average, but is almost certainly the median.

Your range breakdown makes a lot of sense to me.  I really just pulled some numbers out of my butt for my example.

12 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Bit late to the party, but it seems to me that the best way to present range data is visually (such as in a histogram).

Seeing every data point in a spread will give a much clearer idea than any average.

That's an interesting idea. We're gonna discuss it and see what we can come up with. 

• Like 1

It seems like something that would require a lot of break down.
Like do you use just the range, or the threat range? Like Mad Dog's gun might have 8" range, but he like everything in the crew has Run and Gun for a much bigger range.

No matter what you do, I think it's a really cool tool. I really appreciate all the effort you guys put in. @Hermit

• Thanks 1