New style Lucius Crew , my gift to you all

ooshawn

Okay so what we are doing here is attemping to cover more of our bases with this crew. so if you run up against armor you have 3-4 ways to cast analyze weakness, if you run up against coryphee duet with WP 5, you have multiple ways to get off gamble your life, and at stat 7 on Doppleganger . Then the False witnesses for -flip to Wp duels. The hard part with this list is scheme running, and lack of any durable models. But that's really a keyword issue and isn't going away

New Lucius  Crew (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 4
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Agent 46
  Doppleganger
  False Witness 2
  False Witness
  Guild Lawyer
  Guild Lawyer 2
  Stitched Together

Don't know much about Lucius, but instead of hiring a stitch could it be better to use a stitch summoning engine (Vasilissa + Doll)... if you need more beatdown you can also throw in a BBS to have a Mature t1.

Lucius draw so many cards it shouldn't be too hard to have the mask you need to summon a stitch when you need it. 

• Like 1

I really love Alan Reid in combination with the false witnesses for their distraction aura suits well with boring conversation... and the don’t Tell lies aura is awesome as well. 

so I would play something like:

New Lucius Mattheson Crew (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 3
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Agent 46
  Alan Reid
  False Witness
  False Witness 2
  Guild Lawyer
  Vasilisa
  Wicked Doll
  Wicked Doll 2
References:
  Stitched Together
  Wicked Doll

or include BBS as well!!!

Losing the stitched a HUGE pain in the ass. I couldn't believe that stitched don't have any def tech any more after two editions of being supremely hard to kill. But it's not that bad, he's 7 stones, and he just doesn't need to be a front liner. The real issue is that the crew doesn't have a anvil for the enemy hammer to crash into, so if/when they push into you it's just a unstoppable flood that can't be held.  He almost needs like a bad juju style model with demise to hold things at bay. 

I've found that if you move false witnesses up and use their no cheating aura, they can be very hard to kill with lucius hands (in melee). That being said I wish they weren't manipulative and instead had the lawyers def. tech

I'm also starting to think double lawyer, while supporty isn't that great because , it's tough to fuel 4x obeys on masks. So i'm experimenting with one lawyer.

I've tried vasilisa, and it's not bad, but I am real weird about trying to make close as possible to fully themed crews sometimes. The summoning engine is stictly better.

Alan Reid is nice, he just doesn't do anything "strong" in my view. He does a bunch of really cool "alright" stuff. But for me he doesn't come together in a way that I'm like, oh this will be useful in like 6+out of 10 games. 

I do really like investigators, but I feel like I didn't have space in this crew, I'll post my updated version that I'm doing to try the next few days

28 minutes ago, ooshawn said:

I've tried vasilisa, and it's not bad, but I am real weird about trying to make close as possible to fully themed crews sometimes

And then immediately hire a stitch OOK... Vasi is versatile at least.

I respect your desire of playing in keyword, but for competitive play going with a weak master and trying to hire only/mostly in keyword it's bringing a knife (or a lollypop as your changeling do) to a gun fight.

9 hours ago, ooshawn said:

Alan Reid is nice, he just doesn't do anything "strong" in my view. He does a bunch of really cool "alright" stuff. But for me he doesn't come together in a way that I'm like, oh this will be useful in like 6+out of 10 games. 

Ok. Then you haven’t had your moments with him:

Diversion aura is very useful against melee crews. Boring conversation paired with „no cheating“ or „discard a card for cheating“ auras is strong imo. And then „slow on a stick with 1/3/4 plus coordinated attack trigger“ 🥰. Ideal to use on extremely tough models stripping them of 1 action if you don’t manage to kill it. 

im not saying he is extremely awesome super strong. But he is awesome super fun to play with. And he does his work to me regularly 

• Agree 1

Obviously not legal in some Master formats, but I like this:

Ice Ice Baby (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Euripides
  Changeling
  Changeling 2
  Changeling 3
  Guild Lawyer
    Ancient Pact
  Guild Lawyer 2
    Ancient Pact

Every AP is more Rune-etched Ice (well, minus the three from the Changelings who can only do it once/turn). Bonus points for declaring Lucius making it unlikely your opponent brought marker removal.

• Haha 1

Hello all, 

Here's a list I have played twice and have had a good time with.  I would drop the investigator and take another lawyer going forward, but having the flexibility of being on the centerline with 3 models turn 1 is fun.

Lucius And Grootslang (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 4
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Grootslang
  Guild Lawyer 2
  False Witness 2
    Ancient Pact
  Doppleganger
  Agent 46
  Investigator

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Has anyone found good use of Maurice or Tuco with Lucius?  They provide some good ranged options which can be copied with 'Just Like You' on the changling making them a 2 model team to deny/protect a flank.  

Since Lucius cant obey Tuco or Maurice, his option would be to setup the Changeling so it can take 2 pot shots which have blasts.

2 hours ago, Mac_Atk said:

Has anyone found good use of Maurice or Tuco with Lucius?  They provide some good ranged options which can be copied with 'Just Like You' on the changling making them a 2 model team to deny/protect a flank.  

Since Lucius cant obey Tuco or Maurice, his option would be to setup the Changeling so it can take 2 pot shots which have blasts.

Changelings can't copy attack actions, only non-bonus tactical actions.  Doppleganger and Agent 46 on the other hand...  I suprised my opponent a bit with a Neverborn gunline that way pairing those two with Angel Eyes.