North American League?

SEV

NA LEAGUE  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love the world series, but I would like to play in a league as well especially as GG2 should be release soon.

I'm kind of Jealous of the UK super league and I'm wondering if enough north american player (or actually any player from all America's) would be interested by a league of our own. 

Nothing against all the really nice European players, but it's so much easier to play with people that are not 7 time zone away...

So, if your interested what would be your prefer format for such a league (rules set, and league setting).

Here are my preferred league format (but honestly I would play in almost anything 😁) :

I like an open league based on Elo (you can play as many match as you want; so there's no pressure to play a game on a specific week if you're super busy). Elo rating determines the ranking, you must do everything you can to accept a challenge from a player that have a lower rating than you) in a reasonable amount of time. The player with the lowest ranking choosed the map. Either players agree on a scenario or generate one randomly. 

I would use GG2 rules set, no DMH (sorry @ooshawn but they are just not balance for competitive play). I would use the same FAQ as the one used by the World Series Committee. That's it (so yes to double master, no hiring restrictions). 

• Like 1

Just now, Diceman87 said:

Always down for a good league.  I don't think the Malifaux World Series format needs much tweaking as far as format goes - though ultimately, I think fewer 'variant' rules make sense for a longer league (hard to do Iron Scorpius if there's more than 8 rounds, after all).  

Glad to hear it!

I totally agree for the rules. As I said above, I would do the same (with GG2) but I would allow multiple masters. Also, because a league is more friendly than a tournament (but still competitive), I don't see the point of enforcing a hard time limit (the player would still have to play at a reasonable speed).

57 minutes ago, SEV said:

I love the world series, but I would like to play in a league as well especially as GG2 should be release soon.

I'm kind of Jealous of the UK super league and I'm wondering if enough north american player (or actually any player from all America's) would be interested by a league of our own. 

Nothing against all the really nice European players, but it's so much easier to play with people that are not 7 time zone away...

So, if your interested what would be your prefer format for such a league (rules set, and league setting).

Here are my preferred league format (but honestly I would play in almost anything 😁) :

I like an open league based on Elo (you can play as many match as you want; so there's no pressure to play a game on a specific week if you're super busy). Elo rating determines the ranking, you must do everything you can to accept a challenge from a player that have a lower rating than you) in a reasonable amount of time. The player with the lowest ranking choosed the map. Either players agree on a scenario or generate one randomly. 

I would use GG2 rules set, no DMH (sorry @ooshawn but they are just not balance for competitive play). I would use the same FAQ as the one used by the World Series Committee. That's it (so yes to double master, no hiring restrictions). 

This is a fantastic idea and would love to play in and contribute to the success of this league!

The UK league has gone for 23 weeks, that seems quite long but it's been great to have a guaranteed game per week.

One thing that was suggest was divisions if too many players. This so something you guys could consider with say 12 players per division (so 11 games) and then can have a play off or something at the end. This limits the time.

Or if continuing you can get promoted/relegated for follow on seasons.

44 minutes ago, Alcathous said:

Interested but concerned about committing to too many games and mostly focused on the mws events.

What about my suggestions to have a league with no game requirements per week (ranking based on Elo instead of win)?

You can always agreed with your league oponent to have a practice game for the current World Series round.

I think this remove the pressure of having to play a game each week. 

Than we could determine a time frame (for example the 3 first month of GG2). 

To be sure that people don't sit on their rating (but honestly I see that more as a friendly competition than anything else, so not a big issue imo), I suggested a challenge mechanism (you have to answer the challenge of a lower rating player if you have no challenged game plan in the next 2 weeks for example). 

• Like 1

8 people in... not too bad. My threshold was 10 before going all the trouble to implement this league.

I would like to know if some of you would like to help for this (you ca pm me).

Also, If we go forward with this league dosomeone know how it could be possible to have a channel on the Malifaux vassal discord server (I don't know who yo ask for this). This would help to report results and run everything smoothly.