Keywords and Versatile

Rekcals

I play Cadmus and hire a versatile Porter into the crew.  I attack the porter with Hive Strike from Nexus to give the Porter a parasite Token. Can I use "We Are Legion" to transfer damage or healing to the Porter.  

Does a versatile model gain the keyword of the crew they are joining?

5 minutes ago, Rekcals said:

I play Cadmus and hire a versatile Porter into the crew.  I attack the porter with Hive Strike from Nexus to give the Porter a parasite Token. Can I use "We Are Legion" to transfer damage or healing to the Porter.  

Does a versatile model gain the keyword of the crew they are joining?

Parasite tokens are generally only for enemy models. Check out the upgrade - Cadmus models can only treat ENEMY models as friendly Cadmus models.

So while Hive Strike can give the parasite token, it doesn't do anything.

• Agree 2

MC always here with the prompt and friendly rules discussion. 

Those keyword restrictions always trip me up. I've been playing a lot of McCabe again, think I am getting pretty good with him, yet half my games I find myself licking my chops ready to put that Timeworn Blade on some tasty ook beater and look up to see one of my usual opponents glaring at me and saying, "for the last time, Don, you can't give the Mech a magic sword!"

• Haha 3