Bayou bash, Jockeys

Thatguy

2 minutes ago, fire5tone said:

wait, question, so the normal push on the gun only happens if you succeed right? but the trigger says "after resolving increase push to 4" am i correct in thinking that you can push a beast regardless of success?

It said when resolving. You still have to succeed to have the push happen in the first place I think.

22 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

He looks pretty fun with some Test Subjects. He can burn a wound to let them all charge.

This is a neat interaction! Especially if they're near a trap! Also test subjects are beast, so his gun trigger will work on them for more ping dammage.

25 minutes ago, fire5tone said:

wait, question, so the normal push on the gun only happens if you succeed right? but the trigger says "after resolving increase push to 4" am i correct in thinking that you can push a beast regardless of success?

One of the easier things to confuse in M3E, when resolving is totally different than after resolving. This card is when resolving, which requires success.

• Agree 2

I'd consider Ruffles in a crew with Swine Cursed. Ranged poke to generate a push (and ping), a Glowy and Fast?

Thinking Ulix with all his Beasts as other options.

Not sure how effective it would be though.

Kinda strange that Friendly Fire applies to targeting Friendly models though. "Better not hit that enemy!". But whatever. Irrelevant if you relent, but then you're not able to cheat, and Ruffles doing moderate/severe to your own Swine Cursed is gonna suck. Or be funny. Or both.

I'm struggling to think what master would want all 4.
Sooey maybe since, excluding stumpy, they're all beasts, if not pigs.

Bo Peep definitely adds synergy, letting them heal back with ...And The Crowd Goes Wild! from all their self injury stuff. And helps speed them up with The Race is On! But both the abilities want the Jockeys to bubble up, which I'm not sure is worthwhile. 

I think Bo Peep, and then a Jockey that fits the key word could see play, like Bo Peep and Ruffles in Tricksy or Bo Peep and Fluffernutter in Wiz-Bang.

I see Bo Peep getting the most play, since she is the only one with Reckless and also has The Race is On and ...And the Crowd Goes Wild, which are pretty useful in just about any crew. After a turn one push, she could hunt cheap scheme runners pretty well.

Man, if this had been a Pig-model, I’d be all over it. Obviously taking down the melee range ;) 

Not so sure now. Maybe also if they’d replaced the Aura with Frenzied Charge? Can’t complain about the Henchman-status though.

Don’t know if I personally feel like Ulix needs this model, and another Aura to maintain. Bet she’ll be wicked cool with the other Jockeys!

2 hours ago, GrumpyGrandpa said:

Don’t know if I personally feel like Ulix needs this model, and another Aura to maintain

I think the heal aura looks pretty nice. It rewards you for hitting enemies and if you're Wiz-bang hitting your own guys. 

• Like 1

This box seems like it will be super competitive in starter games. TWENTY inches of extra movement from starting the race. Auras for sustain, mobility for scheming. This crew has it all.

Can imagine most core boxes could be combined with the starter box for a functional crew (unlike ES ;p)

Wong seems super epic with that heal aura xD

9 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Wong seems super epic with that heal aura xD

Not sure healing, at most, 2 at the end of his activation will turn the tide for Wong, though :( 

I honestly think Mah will awesome with these guys.

• Loads of pushes from Mah & TLL to get Stumpy into the action
  • AoE Focus to help them more easily get the above-average damage flips
  • Bunch of displacement-triggers on all models that work well with Pit Traps.
  • Mah is already very mobile with Roosters, and the Bushwhackers has From the shadows, meaning you can get into the action ASAP.
  • Reckless gets even better with the ...AND THE CROWD GOES WILD! aura

Similarly, I can see Bo Peep being a solid in the crew. Her damage track is horrible, but she can "easily" bully enemy models into Pit Traps. She also seems to work well with Test Subjects, since she can make them get into the action semi-fast with her The Race Is ON! 

Still, the SOOEY-tag is unnessesary. Just make her a PIG😍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrumpyGrandpa said:

Not sure healing, at most, 2 at the end of his activation will turn the tide for Wong, though :( 

It think its the healing for the rest of his crew that is probably the most use for it. It sort of gives the rest of the crew regen +1/2 to help make up for the damage they suffer gaining glowey tokens. 

I'm not sure that you will regularly pick all 4 jockeys, but I can see 1 or 2 being a consideration in most lists for most masters (And not always the same ones). So this seems a decent box for a starter box. It seems to help several of the keywords in different ways. None of the models seem dead weight. You don't need it as a box, but its probably not a bad early buy and it will see use even when you play at higher skill levels. 

• Agree 2

I really like the pig one! She's a good Hench by herself for 7ss. It's unfortunate that she's not a pig. I still think she'll be playable in keyword. Her aura work well with reckless and Stampede, she has cool movement tricks and she's still a beast.

She also give you incentive as a versatile to bring an other Jockey. Her and the Rooster in Mah heavy trap can be a nice package (13ss seems reasonable). You can build a super fast list with something like this :

Mah + baby yoda

pig jockey

rooster jockey

x2 bushwacker

x2 Rooster rider

SS Miner

5ss (and you can probably add upgrade if needed, since I don't think you'll need much stone).

This is a glass cannon list but in the right map / pool that could be fun.

Also, if you replace the Miner by an other Jockey/Rooster rider/Tricksy you have a really cheap entry point in to the game (3 boxes + 4 versatile models to expand).

I don't think the jockey will have a big impact on the competitive scene but they are certainly a good buy for new player (and they seem really fun in a more casual setting). So kuddo Wyrd for the well designed box... Now about the price tag... 🤬

• Agree 1

I mean the obvious answer is Captain "Do It For The Vine" Zipp!

A whole crew of SUPER FAST models on 40mm bases than can be Fly With Me'd. Hell yeah! It's like Fast & Furious 17: Green Ones Go Faster!

• Haha 3

Having a versatile healing option is very cool and useful. And the Push is quite powerful with a nice range.

The whip has probably the worst damage track of any weapon that a melee beater has in the whole game (I mean, she has two abilities tied to Charging so calling her a melee beater seems true) though the Triggers are fine enough. She's also extremely squishy for a melee model who likes damaging herself (even with the healing aura). She can do a lot of ping damage and her atrocious damage track devalues Hard to Wound (silver lining!) so she is kinda good against Armor, HtW, HtK, and such.

I think you're supposed to use her as a support piece in the back that goes Reckless and into melee in mid game. Whether that's worth the seven stones remains to be seen as she doesn't have much to do while in the back. I suppose if you need Scheme Markers for something to eat or whatever she can do that sort of busy work.

Also, now that we've seen them all, it seems to me that Wizz-Bang got the worst model of the bunch. Which fits their style, I suppose, but is a bit sad nonetheless.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Really? 

You think Fluffernutter is worse than Stump?

Stumpy at least does something kinda unique while Fluffer is mostly generic while being meh. I mean, I wouldn't call Stumpy good but she seems like she might have a niche to fill sometimes at least while I really can't think of a situation where I would want Fluffer instead of other options.

My own  power ranking for the Jockeys:

Pig - good (nice utility, movement tricks and a lot of potential damage requiring not a lot of resources... good 7ss hench imo)

Rabbit - average (good missile)

Chicken - average (nice movement tricks, probably good with Mah)

Three - weak (okish for 6ss maybe... Don't know what to do with it yet).

Cuteness ranking :

Rabbit - adorable

Three - I'm Groot

Pig - at least she got braided

Chicken - those gremlins are not even able to pluck their chicken well. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Stumpy at least does something kinda unique while Fluffer is mostly generic while being meh. I mean, I wouldn't call Stumpy good but she seems like she might have a niche to fill sometimes at least while I really can't think of a situation where I would want Fluffer instead of other options.

Fluffernutter is definitely better than Stumpy (what is Stumpy even for? What VP is it getting you?). What Fluffernutter brings to the table is unresisted 2 damage (somewhat AoE) from up to 12" away with Stampede and Carrot Quake.

The 14" gun (with the marker moving, ping damage trigger) and the (built in on charges) card draw trigger on the melee don't hurt either.

Pretty sure he's decent for 6ss.

On 5/21/2021 at 7:17 PM, Jinn said:

Fluffernutter is definitely better than Stumpy (what is Stumpy even for? What VP is it getting you?). What Fluffernutter brings to the table is unresisted 2 damage (somewhat AoE) from up to 12" away with Stampede and Carrot Quake.

The 14" gun (with the marker moving, ping damage trigger) and the (built in on charges) card draw trigger on the melee don't hurt either.

Pretty sure he's decent for 6ss.

I guess I value the 3" Severe Aura and a modicum of survivability more than unresisted 2 damage. Especially in GG2 the Severe Aura seems like it might do some good in quite a few of the Strats.

That said, I doubt that either one will see competitive play - their power level just looks really low to me.

It's kind of sad that Big Hat, Infamous, Kin, & Tri-Chi did't get new models.

Tri-Chi got half of the Encounter box at the end of 2e, so I can't be too salty. Kin just got new Minions at the start of 3e, and so did Big Hat, so that's fine.  But Infamous gets nothing new?! That's a shame.

36 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

It's kind of sad that Big Hat, Infamous, Kin, & Tri-Chi did't get new models.

Tri-Chi got half of the Encounter box at the end of 2e, so I can't be too salty. Kin just got new Minions at the start of 3e, and so did Big Hat, so that's fine.  But Infamous gets nothing new?! That's a shame.

Although Infamous did get 8 versatile models, 4 in each faction

13 hours ago, the tick said:

I'm a little concerned that one of the Titles for Bayou will be Jockey. I really really hope they don't just do the easy button answer with a Master like Ulix and make him the Jockey guy.

Why not? That could be a nice design opportunity imo.