Bayou bash, Jockeys

Thatguy

So we've seen Stumpy and Fluffernutter so far. Any thoughts? 

And predictions for the rest?

I'm hoping the Jockey Henchmen adds some sort of mobility boost. Move 6 and 4 doesn't seem much like they're racing around the board. Rooster Riders and most Pigs leave them in the dust. 

WaldosWeekly_3_10.2021_Card-Stumpy.jpg.0d96f64f002d02e699394c1911f0b38b.jpg

WaldosWeekly_2_24.2021_Card-Fluffernutter.jpg.6ac3fd9ebc3bc126751703517a6a77aa.jpg

1241059874_WaldosWeekly_5_12.2021_Card-Ruffles(1).jpg.8fd24471bb7f58b99eb1f7fb9d6d5404.jpg

WaldosWeekly_5.19.2021_Card-BoPeep.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Althoughhhh I guess you can rampage your own models no problem, so if you have something worth charging, this is actually a 13" move per turn model, not a terrible move rate. But not so good its worth the damage. Built in suit on the charge guarantees it though.

Yeah I thought the same. Maybe in crews that have armor. So you can get the movement for less wounds. 

Kind of surprised Stumpy doesn't have armor. Though he does have df6 and 8 wounds, which isn't bad for the cost.

• Like 1

The three is really slow though (at least give him ambush like his waldgeist kin). I'm not sure when I should hired him.

I like the rabbits as a missile. I see him as a trading piece. I think he can take down a key pieces before dying and sometimes it's all you ask from your 6ss enforcers.

Also pulled from the hat is guaranteed if you want to. This is good utility. It can be situationally better than surge.

7 hours ago, SEV said:

The three is really slow though (at least give him ambush like his waldgeist kin). I'm not sure when I should hired him.

That's a good point. It makes me a little more confident that they'll get some sort of speed boost. 

It would be embarrassing to be a Jockey and get outraced by a Waldgeist. Lol

Any ideas on how you might use the models with their other key words? Fluffernutter seems like it would be good for doing small amounts of no resist flip damage to finish off Hard to Kill models. I'm not sure what else he'd do for Wong. The ping pulse for Hard Knock Life seems good, but I'm not sure you need that with Wong doing it too. 

Stumpy seems like it might be good as a cheap tarpit for Zorida. If you run on it's Aura and charge into base it can lock it down pretty well. Even if it disengages half movement means it's not getting very far.

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Any ideas on how you might use the models with their other key words?

Rabbit can charge his own model, automatic hat trigger for a fast +glowy  on the target and a card (bonus point if the RJ is in the discard). 

Three is a fine tarpit... But I don't see what he brings to Mama Z specifically... if toss in the mud was a melee action, a guaranteed mass staggering would be awesome but as is o really don't know what I'm supposed to do with this model.

3 hours ago, SEV said:

Rabbit can charge his own model, automatic hat trigger for a fast +glowy  on the target and a card (bonus point if the RJ is in the discard). 

Three is a fine tarpit... But I don't see what he brings to Mama Z specifically... if toss in the mud was a melee action, a guaranteed mass staggering would be awesome but as is o really don't know what I'm supposed to do with this model.

Takes some set up, but if you have a friendly model that will survive 3 damage within ~3" of the enemy bubble, you could charge that model, rampage through them, then toss them in the mud for the stagger bomb.

Though rereading the Spread Roots ability, maybe this doesn't work if you're relying on that ability to provide the terrain, since your friendly model doesn't count it as terrain.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Stumpyfjord said:

Zipp’s crew has a lot of helpful OOA movement to help mitigate the weakness and Stumpy’s strengths play to Zipps strengths (Area denial and AP control).

I like the idea. With the severe terrain aura anything Zipp throws in will have more difficulties getting out. 

I'm not sure Stumpy is up to being a tarpit though. Other than df6 he doesn't have any defense tech. He's got 8 wounds but it probably going to be in 6-7 if he used his bonus and stampeded. 

• 4 weeks later...

The movement tricks are great. He can also give you some kind of activation control which I think must not be underestimate. But he'll also die to pretty much anything. Scanner being is only def tech. 7 wounds are fine for 6ss... But with Stampede and Crazed chickens that will drop fast.

18 minutes ago, SEV said:

he'll also die to pretty much anything. Scanner being is only def tech. 7 wounds are fine for 6ss... But with Stampede and Crazed chickens that will drop fast.

Yeah. No defense tech, 7 wounds and multiple abilities that want you too burn wounds to use them.

10 minutes ago, fire5tone said:

t also goes to mah and has 2 ways of pushing people on traps

Yeah seems like Mah is the big winner so far. 

He looks pretty fun with some Test Subjects. He can burn a wound to let them all charge.