Anyone try Emissary + Alpinist together?

These two seem like an awesome combo, and just wondering if anyone has tried it.

A big limitation on Emissary is its mobility, which Alpinist helps TONS.

Turn one you can walk forward, silk rope the Emissary, then charge through it and ram it with built in knock aside. That's about ~8 inches of movement and Emissary takes 1 damage. And throughout the game, ignoring all terrain except big impassable + blocking terrain is pretty sweet.

Emissary's aura in turn is very good for Alpinist between its armor and self harm.

And it isn't like Alpinist is useless by itself. Built in knock aside at stat five is amazing, and even built in unintelligible screaming has its place.

So curious if anyone has tried this combo?

I think for most crews it's a fairly tough ask to spend 15ss on Versatile models. The crews I've played so far (Apex & EVS) are very Keyword-oriented, or at least the way I've played them so far. Most of the rest of the faction reads very Keyword-focused too.

When you're stepping out of your Keyword, the models you reach for generally need to solve a specific problem that the Scheme Pool, board, or your opponent's Master poses.

The Emissary solves a lot of enemy Master and Scheme Pools combinations (ie Vendetta, Assassination, and to some extent Take Prisoner and Catch & Release)

The Goat solves some terrain-specific board issues and can help some movement.

If those problems overlap, and you can spare 15ss, I think you might see both being hired in some keywords. But that situation seems like it'd come up pretty rarely.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, hydranixx said:

I think for most crews it's a fairly tough ask to spend 15ss on Versatile models. The crews I've played so far (Apex & EVS) are very Keyword-oriented, or at least the way I've played them so far. Most of the rest of the faction reads very Keyword-focused too.

When you're stepping out of your Keyword, the models you reach for generally need to solve a specific problem that the Scheme Pool, board, or your opponent's Master poses.

The Emissary solves a lot of enemy Master and Scheme Pools combinations (ie Vendetta, Assassination, and to some extent Take Prisoner and Catch & Release)

The Goat solves some terrain-specific board issues and can help some movement.

If those problems overlap, and you can spare 15ss, I think you might see both being hired in some keywords. But that situation seems like it'd come up pretty rarely.

All great points! I can definitely think of times in other factions I would want this combination, but am not familiar enough with ES to find good spots for it here. I know in Basse and Rollins, half the crew is already unimpeded, so doesn't seem as useful.