Getting full use out of Torakage

touchdown

I'm dipping my toes into 10t and Misaki is super fun. However, in my first 2 games, I'm not getting to take advantage of Ninja Vanish. How do you set it up? Are you trying to get out scheme markers so you can turn them into shadow markers for Misaki/Trigger conditions, or do you drop Misaki's markers so Toragake can leap around? Is it worth it to make a scheme marker and ninja vanish it into a shadow marker without really moving to give Misaki more exit points?

57 minutes ago, touchdown said:

I'm dipping my toes into 10t and Misaki is super fun. However, in my first 2 games, I'm not getting to take advantage of Ninja Vanish. How do you set it up? Are you trying to get out scheme markers so you can turn them into shadow markers for Misaki/Trigger conditions, or do you drop Misaki's markers so Toragake can leap around? Is it worth it to make a scheme marker and ninja vanish it into a shadow marker without really moving to give Misaki more exit points?

I'm not a misaki main, so may not be perfect, but from what I've seen, it's a bit of both.

I've seen folks use trashier mobs turn 1-2 to toss out a scheme marker or 2 so torakage can ninja vanish to them + swap them into shadows for more possible misaki vectors.  I've also seen misaki toss hers out far enough away (or enlist ototo) that a torakage can jump to it and either replace it with another shadow, or a scheme.

Really depends on what you're going for / what you need.  I like the flexibility of ninja vanish as it lets you 'save' a marker until it's needed.  Aka, if you want to scheme but are worried about arson, leave em shadows + swap em at the last minute, or if you are worried about blow it to hell, well a scheme marker will survive just fine.  Ninja vanish also helps get a clump of schemes next to something (like for leave your mark) without trying to balance interact actions.

Of course torakage are delicate as heck, so turn 1-2 I see some fun ninja vanishing to get distance, but past that, they're usually out of range of friendly scheme / shadows and are relying on their mv to get them where they wanna be.... which means they're probably not the best to try and get an unworthy off... but are decent in helping minako summon turn 1, ha.

• Like 3

For me personally, I do like dropping an early Scheme marker on my side of the board just for the versatility and having the option available to me to Ninja Vanish, though usually to get out of a bad situation than to gain distance. Torakage are deceptively soft and easy to kill (in my experience) and don't like being tied up in combat against tough opponents.

I've used it less so for a Misaki Surprise, but that's mostly because it's a harder situation to set up. Sounds great on paper, but very difficult on the tabletop.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I agree with pretty much all that has been said sl far. 

And I'd add the following: Don't get obsessed with Ninja Vanish. I understand that, since it is the only bonus they've got, it feels like you got to use it - at least this is what happened to me the first games-. But keep in mind it is a TN12 with stat 5, so it is not very reliable.

Since Torakages are more or less cheap scheme runners and they've already got an incredible Mv7, just plan acordingly or save a card to guarantee a success when you really count on that jump or scheme/shadow marker swap.

The shenanigans with the markers can take your opponent by surprise and pay off from time to time.

That all been said, I like their ability to run to the backline of the enemy to scheme and maybe sometimes try to pin down a squeezy target, such as daydreams, for example.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1