Mah - Tricksy crew - painting log

Mike_Skadog

3 hours ago, SEV said:

I feel you. Those little bugger have really little details...

For the face, I always try to pick eye brow and the nose. Purple/red for the lips, the tongue and the eye to ad distinctive spots. As you said, it's near impossible to pick the teeth individually, so a wash really help here. Finally a small spot of light in the eyes help a lot to bring life to the face.

Here's is a super close-up to illustrate what I'm doing (hard to be super smooth but by picking just a few details I feel that brings enough definitions).

20210326_101041.jpg

Thanks buddy I'll try to fix them following your tip, I'll swap the purple with a reddish brown 

3 hours ago, SEV said:

I feel you. Those little bugger have really little details...

For the face, I always try to pick eye brow and the nose. Purple/red for the lips, the tongue and the eye to ad distinctive spots. As you said, it's near impossible to pick the teeth individually, so a wash really help here. Finally a small spot of light in the eyes help a lot to bring life to the face.

Here's is a super close-up to illustrate what I'm doing (hard to be super smooth but by picking just a few details I feel that brings enough definitions).

20210326_101041.jpg

Thanks buddy I'll try to fix them following your tip, I'll swap the purple with a reddish brown 

4 minutes ago, Nathan Sells said:

Those look lovely! You did a great job getting the colours on them so vibrant! I really love the red on the frills!

Thanks!! 

It's all thanks to vallejo red Magenta, which is a purplish red color quite transparent more layers of it, give a very rich and deep red, by adding either offwhite or orange you can warm it up for the highlight without turning it pink or orange 

IMG_20210327_172325.jpg

• Thanks 1

Test subjet - Gator 

On a 40mm base as I'm planning to use it as soulstone miner (which i think doesn't fit the bayou theme crew) 

One of those rare occasions where i use the gloss varnish to simulate freshly digged earth 

I'll take more pics soon when the other test are done 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 6:47 PM, Mike_Skadog said:

Today i've changed the dress to a more interesting rosy/brown pink. Getting familiar with the blend :)

IMG_20210317_141624.jpg

Like the brownish shadows on the skin. Doing kind of same effect on my bayou. Also like the choice of colours on the other elements. Great job👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...