Relenting on shockwaves? Should you be able to do it?

So I was just wondering what people had for an option on being able to relent to allow your models to fail the simple duel for shockwaves or any simple duel really. Mainly this happens when you want to add poison or disgraced to your own models, but there has been some random times I’ve wanted to just let the model fail the test. 

My main argument is for speed of gameplay but also if I can attack my own model and relent why shouldn’t I be able to also hit it with my shockwave attacks without flipping the duel.

what are y’all thoughts? 

also sorry this is in the wrong forum, will delete soon and move to correct forum

Edited by pudgy hobbit
Put in wrong forum

5 hours ago, Rufess said:

Just done a quick search and cannot find any rule of relent from the 1.5 rule book so it probably a new rule since M2E (correct me if it is not). Shockwave is a new attack in M3E, so maybe we will see relenting Shockwave in the next edition.

There are existing shockwaves that allow friendly models to effectively relent:

Wong's Fzzzzap!

Snow Storm's Ice Tornado (which is not a true relent, but kind of is)

Fire Golem's Flame Tornado (similar to Snow Storm, affects certain friendly models in a manner without flipping)

Willie's Throw Dynamite has a trigger that allows friendlies to get a benefit without flipping, so...? Not sure that counts.

Several Explorers can automatically not affect friendlies (though that's the opposite of relenting I guess)

21 hours ago, Rufess said:

Just done a quick search and cannot find any rule of relent from the 1.5 rule book so it probably a new rule since M2E (correct me if it is not). Shockwave is a new attack in M3E, so maybe we will see relenting Shockwave in the next edition.

It existed in first edition. Although I think it only applied to magic.

"Friendly models targeted by spells with resist duels can choose to automatically lose the duel before generating a total. "

• Agree 1