neverborn Rating(my own personal ratings for me only)@18 games in

ooshawn

22 minutes ago, ooshawn said:

it doesn't even matter to be honest, there's no board that can save this matchup. any combination of schemes and strats

Let's have a game of it then. I'll get the SS pick the board and use Lucius as my leader and you play that list. I will gladly admit I'm wrong when you beat me turn two.

Well, to be fair, if you played each master perfectly, it'd probably solve down to less than 10 masters being viable, even with the thousands of possible pools.

(Ignoring extreme boards where you play with a technically legal board that covers the entire board in severe terrain or something xD).

"This crew isn't as good as one of the most frequently complained about masters" isn't really a damning indictment of a crew.

Granted I'm not saying lucius is Awful by any means, or saying it's impossible to win with him, but I'm not trying to pretend you can play without  serena bowman, rider, mature nephilim and very little of your own keyword to do it. even then he is just "okay"

3 minutes ago, ooshawn said:

rusty alyce kills a mature nephilim with two weaks, and a moderate. 1 stat higher than his def value, not needing any triggers

Well, this part of the analysis is fundamentally flawed.

Mature neph has the positioning advantage, so Mature Neph decides when and if it will be shot three times by Rusty Alyce. 

If Rusty shoots neph three times, it is only because the Neph player decided to take the risk of accepting three shots.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ooshawn said:

I am so tired of just getting smashed every game by somebody who just runs across the board and erases my models, and so tired of hiring the hooded rider just to have a chance

Sounds like you need some more casual games as well.

If you're primarily playing in the Series or against people practicing for the series, you have to play quite competitively.

In a more relaxed casual setting, you can get away with a lot more.  People do all sorts of lists at my local club.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ooshawn said:

or mad dog brachett charging with fast and hitting from 13 inches away with focus, dropping 4 damage blasts on your crew 

If you are letting mad dog do that in a Lucius crew then you have probably made a mistake. Your crew should be littered with the ability to make a model take an obey action. If you can't obey Mad dog to charge away from the scheme marker and shoot his own side then you probably are doing something wrong. (That can cost mad dog 2 actions in effect, and his focus as well as dropping 4 damage blasts onto his crew, probably meaning he gets to make 1 unfocused shot onto you in his turn. )

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

37 minutes ago, ooshawn said:

if you walk a lawyer within 12 inches of mad dog brachett, that means your within 12 inches of levi and that lawyer is dead on two moderate damages on a virtually guarenteed straight flip

Because Mad Dog and Levi have to remain in base to base contact? You are making a lot a assumptions here. The lawyer has a RJ, 13, 13, 3, 3, and 1 in his hand and standing in concealment if we want to throw assumption around. Enough to put Levi on a neg. So you spend your whole master action to kill a 6ss lawyer?

57 minutes ago, ooshawn said:

if you walk a lawyer within 12 inches of mad dog brachett, that means your within 12 inches of levi and that lawyer is dead on two moderate damages on a virtually guarenteed straight flip

Sorry but it doesn't.

It might mean that there is a good chance you are within 12" of Leviticus, but its not guaranteed. After all mad dog and Leviticus can not occupy the same space.

But even if it was true...

You could use Agent 46 to mimic obey and stealth will keep him safe. You could Use Issue command from Lucius to push the lawyer into obey range and then use a different model to bring the lawyer back to safety in the same activation. (At least relative safety, Leviticus is good at killing mid range models, so if he wants to kill a lawyer its pretty hard to stop).

And also Leviticus may struggle to channel twice because he has just taken a focused shot from Mad dog...

Not to mention part of the point of cheap models is that they're expendable. If Leveticus wants to kill a lawyer after you've got value out of it, he is now exposed and activated so the rest of your crew can blow him up (forcing a reposition and killing a Waif).

If he doesn't instantly blow up the lawyer, you can just obey it to run away again (although technically you can obey it to run away again same activation and not even leave a window).

On 3/14/2021 at 8:54 PM, ooshawn said:

I don't care what lucius crew you play, you have no chance versus this crew. it's literally impossible to win

New Leveticus Crew (Outcasts)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Leveticus
    Servant of Dark Powers
Totem(s):
  Hollow Waif
  Hollow Waif 2
Hires:
  Rusty Alyce
  Mad Dog Brackett
  Ashes and Dust
  Marlena Webster
  Prospector
References:
  Abomination
  Ashen Core
  Dust Storm

Sure, if you play badly. No one in that crew but Alyce can catch you.