Wrastlers in OC

ElPuto

As a player who used OC Zipp a few times, I'm gonna say that Mancha as an anchor is awesome. Pair him with runners as Mate or Stalker, damage dealer as Alyce and Merris, control pieces as Pride, support as Prospectors and Emissary and taxi as Skeeters and the crew will always shine in most pools. 

So guys, as title suggests, I'm asking you: what's the point and role of Wrastlers in OC? They should be a lighter version of Mancha, but still too fragile. Any success with them?

10 minutes ago, ElPuto said:

As a player who used OC Zipp a few times, I'm gonna say that Mancha as an anchor is awesome. Pair him with runners as Mate or Stalker, damage dealer as Alyce and Merris, control pieces as Pride, support as Prospectors and Emissary and taxi as Skeeters and the crew will always shine in most pools. 

So guys, as title suggests, I'm asking you: what's the point and role of Wrastlers in OC? They should be a lighter version of Mancha, but still too fragile. Any success with them?

The main use I can see of them (I'm not a Zipp player) in Outcasts is condition removal, since there's only 1 model that can do it kind of efficiently: Johan.

Marker removal could also be an interesting reason to bring them, but as you pointed out, they're fairly squishy and that melee range 0" hurts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElPuto said:

taxi as Skeeters

You can't taxi Macha with skeeter in OC (you need the Bayou upgrade that give +1 sz)...

Wrestler are useless in Bayou Zipp. I don't see why they would suddenly become useful when dressed in Yellow...

Just now, SEV said:

You can't taxi Macha with skeeter in OC (you need the Bayou upgrade that give +1 sz)...

Wrestler are useless in Bayou Zipp. I don't see why they would suddenly become useful when dressed in Yellow...

Never said I use Skeeters to taxi Mancha. Mainly they move Pride, Alyce etc.

3 minutes ago, SEV said:

Sorry it's the "pair him with..." that get me confused. Anyway that's was not the main point. Mini Mancha = Bad, Big Mancha = Good 😁 (I'm kind jealous of OC Zipp having access to prospectors now). 

Ye, Prospectors are awesome with everyone. Smugglers seem ok too but I still have to test them (with Benny they can do a great draw engine, but that would be a Parker crew and a passive one).

When I declare Zipp vs a marker master, Wrastlers are needed.... but maybe.

When markers are Underbrush or Ice Pillars or Shadows, 1 or 2 with Mancha is good. Pyre Markers, or other markers that hand out damaging conditions, and you cannot keep up marker removal and condition removal with Wrastlers and keep them alive, so I just use Mancha . 

Also, the 0" melee isn't the point... the "2 marker removal even if there is no one to attack is the key!

8 hours ago, ElPuto said:

And I'm gonna add to this thread, as I haven't played them as well: what about Burt, Gracie and Piglets? Are they just straight better in Bayou? Have they uses in OC?

Mancha probably brings enough marker removal. If not I would turn to Mad Dog potentially too. 

Wrastlers are pretty terrible 5ss models and I would argue even if they're removing markers. 

Gracie can do work, but is relatively slow for a Zipp crew. I do think she is a better version of an iron skeeter if you're expecting a fight. I will taxi Mad Dog or Alice around with her. It gives them a great body guard if you don't need the mobility of a scheme running skeeter. 

Burt just doesn't seem good enough in Infamous in general, but Outcasts definitely have better options.

Piglets are fine. They do what you need them too. Merris is a better buy than 2 piglets. If you have any points left after that then 1 isn't a bad buy. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Is the slingshot slobberknocker at all useful? You can use it on your own models, so if you charge one of your own dudes with another dude next to it, that's potentially 10 inches of movement off a single charge.

Bit awkward to set up though.

It's worth a try. Could stack some glowy markers on Burt that way. For the low cost of only 3+ wounds. Okay maybe not. Something to think about though. 

I really need to try Outcast Zipp more. There are a bunch of combos that seem fun. Like a Bishop Mancha tag team.  Bishop can stack slow and staggered to beef up Mancha's Mutilate and Finisher triggers. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ElPuto said:

And I'm gonna add to this thread, as I haven't played them as well: what about Burt, Gracie and Piglets? Are they just straight better in Bayou? Have they uses in OC?

Flying Piglets are situationally good. The current Strategy&Scheme pool from Gaining Grounds 1 doesn't favor them, but in GG0 (or the rulebook schemes) they were a decent pick.

Gracie is great for a bunch of masters, but maybe doesn't bring that much for Zipp. She's good, but not "a must".

Burt is between mediocre and bad. He relies too much in glowy to be effective but he's really squishy. The trigger in his gun is between terrible and overly situationally good. He's usually a waste for 8ss.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I find merris quite underwhelming, sure she has her shockwaves but they often disappoint and by the time you move her into range (she’s pretty slow) you’ve not got many actions left. Flying piglets however I quite like, little annoying guys - maybe they’ll top deck a slow on something that doesn’t want it and force a cheat? Sometimes they just block people up.... great little buys.

7 hours ago, Burnin4tor said:

I have to say I find merris quite underwhelming, sure she has her shockwaves but they often disappoint and by the time you move her into range (she’s pretty slow) you’ve not got many actions left.

Interesting. In my eyes Merris is an awesome model for 6ss (I play Zipp bayou, but she should be grat in OC as well)... mv 6 with flying is not my definition of slow. She can drop scheme marker from a distance (which is often super useful - like in LYM). What I like the most though it's her 2" range with an attack targeting movement. The concealing aura is nice and you can use her as a missile, exploding in the middle of your opponent crew can wreck havoc sometime.

All in all, I think she's a great 6ss investment. 

On the other hand, flying piglets are super specialized schemer. they're good for this, but I wouldn't take them in every pool.

• Like 2

I think she's pretty good for 6ss. 

Concealment and Flinch is pretty good defense for a cheap model. And with Not a Bomb? She can scheme pretty well, if you need her too. 

Her shockwave gun is better in Kin where 1 burning gives Ophelia a major power up. Sammy in Kin gets enough card draw that throwing cards at Bombs Away is more viable. It's kind of the opposite of useful for Infamous where you can cheat in low cards on misses to draw and fix your hand 

Up We Go on an effective stat 3 vs size is pretty great for a 6ss enforcer. According to Kaeris and Zipp's card that's a Master level attack.

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Up We Go on an effective stat 3 vs size is pretty great for a 6ss enforcer. According to Kaeris and Zipp's card that's a Master level attack.

..... and Orville.