Tech Picks?

admiralvorkraft

28 minutes ago, belorey said:

Lone Marshal & Pale Rider if there are manipulative/terrifiying.

Lawyers because they are good.

Emissary if you are going to face obeys.

Papa Loco or Riotbreaker if you need to remove markers.

Do you bring some way to stack focus on the Lone Marshal? He's underperformed the couple of times I've used him, but I haven't really supported him...

4 hours ago, belorey said:

Lone Marshal & Pale Rider if there are manipulative/terrifiying.

Lawyers because they are good.

Emissary if you are going to face obeys.

Papa Loco or Riotbreaker if you need to remove markers.

I find the emissary to be a liability against obeys, with his wp 5 and ability to smack the hell out of my crew.

8 hours ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Do you bring some way to stack focus on the Lone Marshal? He's underperformed the couple of times I've used him, but I haven't really supported him...

Steward and Lawyer can stack Focus. And Domador also on Rider/Emissary.

Lone Marshal is bonkers even on his own. Focus charge and you can kill any 6 Wd minion/enforcer. He is great for opening kills. Guild does not have techs, that's why Pale Rider, Lawyers & Steward are becoming our cores instead of paring option. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, belorey said:

And Phiona when you need to protect an essential model.

You take Phiona because Guild in Defensive abilities are lower then those of Rats. Our masters compared to others have none defensive abilities (outside of Hoff and Basse but they are part AR & ES) or something else to at least nullify the gap in those specs. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Filox said:

You take Phiona because Guild in Defensive abilities are lower then those of Rats. Our masters compared to others have none defensive abilities (outside of Hoff and Basse but they are part AR & ES) or something else to at least nullify the gap in those specs. 

Thats what i said, you pick Phiona as a def tech because we have none. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Filox said:

Lone Marshal is bonkers even on his own. Focus charge and you can kill any 6 Wd minion/enforcer. He is great for opening kills. Guild does not have techs, that's why Pale Rider, Lawyers & Steward are becoming our cores instead of paring option. 

Sure, but I'm not paying 9ss ook to kill 6wd models. Any keyword is equipped to do that pretty easily (maybe not journalist).

I'll have to run him with the Steward at some point. That's just 15ss investment to get (hopefully) two focused shots per turn... I guess y'all say it's worth it, I should try it out. 

14 minutes ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Sure, but I'm not paying 9ss ook to kill 6wd models. Any keyword is equipped to do that pretty easily (maybe not journalist).

He can shoot twice to a model within 24" ignoring concealment. So with stat 7 and 1 Focus he can kill a 7wd model easy.

If he kill a 7wd model who is the scheme runner of the enemie and then has other 2-3 turns to ping more damage or score some schemes its a great inversion.

You have no strong Focus tech on guild outside of Family. And most games you Will need Steward for healing or condition removal.

1 hour ago, admiralvorkraft said:

I'll have to run him with the Steward at some point. That's just 15ss investment to get (hopefully) two focused shots per turn... I guess y'all say it's worth it, I should try it out. 

You easily get to vulnerable backline, like to only healing model in crew or a model with Arcane Reservoir. And that's only value on Turn 1. If you position yourself in a cover or forest most crews won't be even able to do anything about him. If you invest in Lawyer you also gonna get those nice high rams for even more damage potential and with only one focus you can charge, shoot and walk back to safety with no risks involved!

Anybody take the Guardian or Pathfinder ook?

I don't find that I usually need more than 4" free movement for my masters and the Pathfinder does that for free turn 1, plus his rifle is my favourite in an Agent 46/Doppelganger Lucius list.

Theoretically I like the Guardian's combination of Toss and Take the Hit but he's 10ss ook which is hard to stomach. 

4 minutes ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Anybody take the Guardian or Pathfinder ook?

I don't find that I usually need more than 4" free movement for my masters and the Pathfinder does that for free turn 1, plus his rifle is my favourite in an Agent 46/Doppelganger Lucius list.

Theoretically I like the Guardian's combination of Toss and Take the Hit but he's 10ss ook which is hard to stomach. 

I don't play with Guardian even with Hoffman, and i like the model, but you have Joss, Howard and Melissa on similar cost.

And remember that Pathfinder do the Follow my path each Start Phase so you can give 10" push at the end of the game.

6 minutes ago, belorey said:

And remember that Pathfinder do the Follow my path each Start Phase so you can give 10" push at the end of the game.

I misread that, you're right. He's going in...a lot more of my lists now. 

Do people tech in schemers? Over in outcasts I've got the midnight stalker and obviously we don't have anything of that caliber... False Witnesses though? 

1 hour ago, admiralvorkraft said:

I like the Guardian's combination of Toss and Take the Hit but he's 10ss ook which is hard to stomach

I think the Guardian suffers a lot without Hoff. No power tokens is a big hit to mobility. After tossing a thing or two, you've got a 10ss beater with mv 4 hanging out in your deployment.

Ride with me is on faster models so you're more likely to get to use it more then once a game. 

The Guardian can hit like a truck with fast and friendly pushes for speed. But outside of Hoffman you don't get that. Most beaters in that price range have flurry, onslaught or some other way of getting extra attacks. 

Maybe in Lucius where you have more ways to generate AP and get more Great Sword attacks. 

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

I think the Guardian suffers a lot without Hoff. No power tokens is a big hit to mobility. After tossing a thing or two, you've got a 10ss beater with mv 4 hanging out in your deployment.

Ride with me is on faster models so you're more likely to get to use it more then once a game. 

The Guardian can hit like a truck with fast and friendly pushes for speed. But outside of Hoffman you don't get that. Most beaters in that price range have flurry, onslaught or some other way of getting extra attacks. 

Maybe in Lucius where you have more ways to generate AP and get more Great Sword attacks. 

Yeah, that was sort of where I was at. I should try the Mounted Guard (I won't run the Rider for personal reasons) but they seem pretty underwhelming for 8ss...

I suppose they're the closest thing to silurid we have and if I think about them as dedicated schemers they feel better. 

Guardian is bad tanker in Guild because we cannot heal him outside of Steward. He can only be useful in Hoffman which does not need dedicated tanker. Pathfinder finds a place in my Nellie crews because your opponent gets Adversary for killing Clockwork Traps which is a big value in my opinions + your Peacekeeper will have some scraps for Power Tokens. Mounted Guard is okay summon and bad hire like most of the summonable models so there is no use in comparing him to other transporting models for the same cost like Kentauri.

On 3/6/2021 at 9:46 PM, admiralvorkraft said:

I suppose they're the closest thing to silurid we have and if I think about them as dedicated schemers they feel better. 

The fact they can't go through models really hurts them. If they had trample they would be much better scheme runners :( 

18 minutes ago, trikk said:

The fact they can't go through models really hurts them. If they had trample they would be much better scheme runners :( 

I assumed Lady Justice is the best scheme runner in the faction, is that correct?

Kind of like Seamus in Ressers being the best scheme runner in the faction. Hyper kill-y + hyper mobile = score whatever you want.

Edit: though we are talking tech picks, so not sure you tech in Justice as a schemer xD

26 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I assumed Lady Justice is the best scheme runner in the faction, is that correct?

Kind of like Seamus in Ressers being the best scheme runner in the faction. Hyper kill-y + hyper mobile = score whatever you want.

Edit: though we are talking tech picks, so not sure you tech in Justice as a schemer xD

I guess you could try it into Symbols? 

• Like 1