Sandeep Ice Golem 1st turn lock.

Raising

This week I played a game thru Tabletop simulator on a custom mod I am improving and I got an interesting strategy on it.Hope some of you enjoy it.

the strategy is basicaly activate the golem hazarous terrain aura with 2 damage and place on top of your oponent deployment without activating the golem itself by the end of your 3rd activation. 

Requirements.

Sandeep,Banasuva,
icegolem(soul stone cache),
1 wind gamin, 
Optional:

shastar vidiya guard(used in the example for the small pushes it only increase the range in less than 1 inch)
silent one ( to help heal the golem once in place)

1Measurement.thumb.png.fbc44fb36f40e8fd4080f150cb0ff4d3.png

Activate the windgamin, do focus and advance the golem 6" (5.2" if you dont have the SVG) orange is the gaming demise effect (4"+base size = 6"), green the SVG 2" push

1232994721_2Focuswindgamin.thumb.png.60d917e1bdf46112e5013e5cd4bc9cf4.png --> 516551174_3Focuswindgamin_result.thumb.png.f050c224faf643e1ca5c879911312875.png

Then activate  Banasuva. Focus it self for a small push and place a ice pillar, then obey the golem for it to use its Blizzard eating the ice pillar.

1828197959_4focusbanasuvaandactivategolemaura.thumb.png.3c0cfc75c84ae7276434a55d63c89eee.png  --->585228423_5focusbanasuvaandactivategolemaura.thumb.png.6654d6b3dddce2c32b6946c06a98f756.png

3rd Activation, Sandeep, summon a new wind gamin (and other gamin if you have it). obey the closest one to place the golem, then obey the furdest to plce it again.

539489594_6summonwindgaminandfocusbothofthem.thumb.png.a1d93f5c9fd983187313ab0eaf47f11d.png

Then  All the enemies are under a 2dmg hazarous terrain aura. and they need to kill a golem with 2 armor and the hability to use soulstones and still unactivated, that if you have the silent one will let it heal up to 4.

Do not try this vs an antiarmor heavy crew.

In total It is moved 18" that in most games should be enougth (in this one 12" whould be enougth)

7DAmageAll.thumb.png.64d66e5bb9c18a81eca9451d620c4246.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raising said:

This week I played a game thru Tabletop simulator on a custom mod I am improving and I got an interesting strategy on it.Hope some of you enjoy it.

the strategy is basicaly activate the golem hazarous terrain aura with 2 damage and place on top of your oponent deployment without activating the golem itself by the end of your 3rd activation. 

Requirements.

Sandeep,Banasuva,
icegolem(soul stone cache),
1 wind gamin, 
Optional:

shastar vidiya guard(used in the example for the small pushes it only increase the range in less than 1 inch)
silent one ( to help heal the golem once in place)

1Measurement.thumb.png.fbc44fb36f40e8fd4080f150cb0ff4d3.png

Activate the windgamin, do focus and advance the golem 6" (5.2" if you dont have the SVG) orange is the gaming demise effect (4"+base size = 6"), green the SVG 2" push

1232994721_2Focuswindgamin.thumb.png.60d917e1bdf46112e5013e5cd4bc9cf4.png --> 516551174_3Focuswindgamin_result.thumb.png.f050c224faf643e1ca5c879911312875.png

Then activate  Banasuva. Focus it self for a small push and place a ice pillar, then obey the golem for it to use its Blizzard eating the ice pillar.

1828197959_4focusbanasuvaandactivategolemaura.thumb.png.3c0cfc75c84ae7276434a55d63c89eee.png  --->585228423_5focusbanasuvaandactivategolemaura.thumb.png.6654d6b3dddce2c32b6946c06a98f756.png

3rd Activation, Sandeep, summon a new wind gamin (and other gamin if you have it). obey the closest one to place the golem, then obey the furdest to plce it again.

539489594_6summonwindgaminandfocusbothofthem.thumb.png.a1d93f5c9fd983187313ab0eaf47f11d.png

Then  All the enemies are under a 2dmg hazarous terrain aura. and they need to kill a golem with 2 armor and the hability to use soulstones and still unactivated, that if you have the silent one will let it heal up to 4.

Do not try this vs an antiarmor heavy crew.

In total It is moved 18" that in most games should be enougth (in this one 12" whould be enougth)

7DAmageAll.thumb.png.64d66e5bb9c18a81eca9451d620c4246.png

it wouldnt work if opp have some place effects, stagger or obey-will put your golem into your face and he will do dmg to your models 

I would also say that it seems best when your opponent isn't expecting it, because if they don't deploy too close then you're only getting 1 or two models. 

12 minutes ago, Plaag said:

it wouldnt work if opp have some place effects, stagger or obey-will put your golem into your face and he will do dmg to your models 

Stagger only stops it if they rush up to apply it, once you've got the golem in place its not so good. Pushes and Obeys do hinder it. 

Its a nice idea, but its not something I would rely on against a canny opponent. (although getting an unactivated Ice golem in someones face turn 1 causes its own set of problems even with out the aura)

Yeah , is not like there isnt counter play, and if the oponet being oblivious is important. I do not really think the obey is that bad (at least not worst than usual)since moving 4" wont place the golem so much out of place.

Even if you land it on top of only 3 unactivated models it is a win. and.. thinking about the activations. if you only need to move 12" to do some damage you can have it by the end of your second activation.

1 hour ago, Adran said:

I would also say that it seems best when your opponent isn't expecting it, because if they don't deploy too close then you're only getting 1 or two models. 

Stagger only stops it if they rush up to apply it, once you've got the golem in place its not so good. Pushes and Obeys do hinder it. 

Its a nice idea, but its not something I would rely on against a canny opponent. (although getting an unactivated Ice golem in someones face turn 1 causes its own set of problems even with out the aura)

i tried it, ice golem is awful-just he dont want to be where he is needed

1 hour ago, Raising said:

Yeah , is not like there isnt counter play, and if the oponet being oblivious is important. I do not really think the obey is that bad (at least not worst than usual)since moving 4" wont place the golem so much out of place.

Even if you land it on top of only 3 unactivated models it is a win. and.. thinking about the activations. if you only need to move 12" to do some damage you can have it by the end of your second activation.

remember that hazardous effect friendly models too

You can only use the concentrate action once per activation. So I don't think you can get 2 wind gamin places in Sandeep a turn (unless you explode one of the gamin instead). 

I know the last double place isn't necessarily crucial to the strat. 

But yeah, it is fun to get the golem in there. Super annoying for the opponent. 

11 minutes ago, Vatic said:

That doesn't matter, it is still the same activation (Sandeep) 

Each model May take the concentrate action once per activation, but more than1 model may take it each activation, it's a section called once per in the rules. 

It's once per activation per model.

9 minutes ago, Adran said:

Each model May take the concentrate action once per activation, but more than1 model may take it each activation, it's a section called once per in the rules. 

It's once per activation per model.

Thanks, much appreciated, had completely glossed over that section. Good to know I can obey multiple models to charge as well 👍