What's my final form?

ooshawn

Final form  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, ooshawn said:

I feel like he is supposed to tie up the enemy while he drains their hand , and uses his obey to make his minions scheme 

Nice. Taking advantage of Serene Countenance to stay alive and projecting actions elsewhere on the board.

What are you doing to take advantage of the opponent not having a hand? Which schemes are you primarily scoring with those obeys?

Just now, ooshawn said:

my thought was strategy and then like, maybe one of the easier ones , and just trying to get to like 5-6 points my first game lol

That's a good goal. So in the first round of the vassal tourney we're on Symbols. What models do you thing are good for getting to the markers to pick up?

35 minutes ago, Alcathous said:

Gods like @Kharnage and @Maniacal_cacklehave ascended to such status because of the time and effort they have put into learning their masters and factions. They put in game time and figured out the strongest aspects of the masters they enjoy. You won't get to that level if you rely on internet strangers tell you how to play.

If you like the look of Luci and wanna be the Luci Guy, that's awesome. But demanding we tell you how to do it isn't gonna get you there.

And honestly I still have so much to learn.

The only reason I've made this far is that Ive been wrong a lot and learned heaps from these forums.

However, blazing your own trail is super important in Malifaux. It is widely agreed Molly isn't the best, but I've made her my best master because she suits my play style so exactly.

The answer for Shawn finding a master that clicks is reading, thinking, playing, revising, repeating.

Definitely don't take anything on the forums as gospel. Everyone calls Bete Noire trash, but one player recommending her made her a staple of my Reva crew. Same goes for grave golem - everyone thought it a bad model, but someone dissented and now a lot of Reva players play Grave Golem.

Invent new ways to play - especially with ES being released, what is considered 'good' may shift dramatically.

Which was a really rambly way to ultimately agree with Alcathous xD

• Agree 1

For any new crew, I also recommend trying EVERY keyword model, no matter how bad people say it is.

You may discover it has more power than people think (like Philip and the Nanny), or you may discover everyone was right and its garbage.

Then start trying out combos with OOK stuff. Lucius for example has minion synergy, and that led someone to trying Nephilim minions which was an awesome innovation.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Everyone calls Bete Noire trash, but one player recommending her made her a staple of my Reva crew. Same goes for grave golem - everyone thought it a bad model, but someone dissented and now a lot of Reva players play Grave Golem.

sounds like the Reva rework helped multiple models lol. or that Bete was given the wrong keyword

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, farmoar said:

sounds like the Reva rework helped multiple models lol. or that Bete was given the wrong keyword

Going off topic now, but that seems to be the Redchapel theme. Belles would be insane if you just slapped the Forgotten keyword on them.

Although that said, I think Bete is underrated with Seamus as well, corpse generation is just a bit trickier there xD

3 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

Oh I definitely can, I'm just not a coward.(also I have 2 strong and 1 good enough placement that I probably get away with just tanking the rest of the tournaments)

A sound plan! That's why I'm starting to play more seriously. If I get three solid placements I can go back to just fooling around xD