WE Neverborn do not MARCh, we charge (vassal march tournament discussion)

SEV

I think more reliable than aversion on paper unless their hand is empty. I find that it's harder for pandora to empty their hand if it's a elite crew, which is really annoying too. I don't know anything about hoffman. I do know that pandora can murder a model with a good damage track though. A tanky crew with decent wp and healing seems like her worst nightmare. Does that describe hoffman?

6 minutes ago, ooshawn said:

A tanky crew with decent wp and healing seems like her worst nightmare. Does that describe hoffman?

Ish. Hoffman is WP 7 (I think) but the rest is fairly low WP. However, most of the models are Armor 2, so self loathing loses a lot of value even on the beaters.

Just now, Maniacal_cackle said:

Annoying that he will have condition removal, but at least it isn't great condition removal.

It's definitely a pain in the neck for Pandora. As is often the case, Candy's aura really shines in this situation. You can definitely outpace his condition removal though if you are prolific enough.

3 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

Nothing better to stop charges than Pandora activating early in the turn and using Grasping Tentacles, which it will also shut down those annoying 2" pushes from Transfer Power.

Pandora, Candy, Rider and Serena seem like a good "core" vs Hoffman.

What's Rider doing in the matchup? Isn't a min 3 beater a bit of a liability against an armor crew? I would imagine you want more ping.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ShinChan said:

Nothing better to stop charges than Pandora activating early in the turn and using Grasping Tentacles, which it will also shut down those annoying 2" pushes from Transfer Power.

Pandora, Candy, Rider and Serena seem like a good "core" vs Hoffman.

Great point on tentacles! It's so often overlooked and it really shines into a low MV opponent like this.

I disagree about Rider. His 1/2/3 damage track vs Armor doesn't really hold up and I don't think Ride With Me is needed in Wedge. The blasts sorta make up for it, but I think there are better options.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alcathous said:

Great point on tentacles! It's so often overlooked and it really shines into a low MV opponent like this.

I disagree about Rider. His 1/2/3 damage track vs Armor doesn't really hold up and I don't think Ride With Me is needed in Wedge. The blasts sorta make up for it, but I think there are better options.

6 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

What's Rider doing in the matchup? Isn't a min 3 beater a bit of a liability against an armor crew? I would imagine you want more ping.

Just using my favorite trigger: Hazardous within 6. Add melee range of 2" and pair it with Grasping Tentacles, then suddenly Hoffman's guys have it way more difficult to pick evidences and get a ton of ping damage.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

Just using my favorite trigger: Hazardous within 6. Add melee range of 2" and pair it with Grasping Tentacles, then suddenly Hoffman's guys have it way more difficult to pick evidences and get a ton of ping damage.

Neat :)

Is there any anti-healing in Neverborn? Hoffman's crew heals a TON.

If not, best strategy might be to Hole In The World models to places they can't be healed.

9 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

This is why I like the Emissary. You're still getting aoe and hazardous, plus you get  stagger, severe terrain, and a slightly more durable body. You don't have to manage tokens for your offense/defense. Once the hungry land is down, they're down and you don't need activation control each round for value.

• Like 1

I immediately thought of hooded as well for hazardous because it's unavoidable , and its up every turn after turn one if you so choose, while the emissary has other things that make it good. Honestly it seems like aversions with terrorize might be the strongest way to the scariest of his models at bay 

⁸Nice out of the box thinking @ooshawn. Unfortunately, double master is not allowed of it was,  elina would not ha e been my first choice in this scenario (Zoraida could do wonder here and Titania can clog the board with underbrush and Deliver a beating).

Big ugly dude seems interesting... but with no anti-armor tech (their min 3 is actually min 1 against a lot of Hoff models) and no Ice-pillar to use their bonus, I don't feel like investing 9ss in one of them (and also, they're ugly). 

As you said I think the way to handle Joss is to debuff him as much as I can and than pig him to death.

Update for R1: 5-4 with Titania vs Mah in a fantastic game against @Axilees. Dreamer was my first pick, but in a Standard/Assassinate pool against Bayou Titania seemed safer. Mah, Zipp, and Zoraida all looked likely in this pool, and the first two  have the tools to punish Dreamer while putting up points. I felt comfortable with Titania into any of the three and she had good scoring options in the pool, so that settled it.

I brought Titania (+Pact), Gorar, Emissary, Rider (+Pact), Aeslin, a Black Blood Shaman, and a 10ss cache. I chose Assassinate and Research Mission.

My opponent brought Mah (+IC), Lass, Brin, Iron Skeeter, The Sow, a Rooster Rider, the Lucky Emissary, and 6ss. He chose Breakthrough and Research Mission.

The Iron Skeeter made me expect Mah to get taxi’d into me early on and I expected to be assassinated. I deployed in an opposite corner from where Mah was and set up to score my first symbols with rider/Titania in a way that kept T out of imminent spoon range. Ultimately this cost me two points on assassinate as my opponent used Mah as a counter-puncher and control piece (with Hollerin’) to keep Mah safe and stave off my own assassination attempts.

The turning point of the game was at the end of R2 / top of R3. My opponent set up to score both his schemes and strat point along the left flank with the Iron Skeeter and the Rooster Rider. I dove my Rider into the middle of the board and put some fate tokens into killing that round’s wave of piglets. Mah came up and took the rider out, but I had a 13 reserved and used the Gorar to bring Rider back at the end of the round and was able to redeploy it along with Aeslin to defend the left flank. My opponent was able to get one more symbol (I believe with a piglet?), but was shut out of my side of the board after that.

My opponent played a great defensive game using Mah, Brin, and his Emissary to keep my damage dealers off Mah, and forced Titania onto Symbols duty while the others were tied up. The Sow kept churning piglets until I killed her T4, although my emissary didn’t let most of the piglets cross the centerline. Knowing my opponent had Breakthrough and Research Mission for those piggies to score meant the pig engine was a threat that needed to be dealt with. If I had read the Sow play earlier, I think I could have improved my score by taking Claim Jump or Breakthrough.

--

For this week, I have declared Titania against @Filox's Lady Justice. Similar to R1, I didn’t want to declare Dreamer into a close deployment. Without assassinate it was a bit safer, but the schemes didn't align for how I would prefer to hire a Dreamer crew in Evidence. I'm sure Dreamer would have been fine, OP as he is, but with the amount of severe terrain on this map, I am once again confident in Titania’s ability to do her thing :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Alcathous said:

For this week, I have declared Titania against @Filox's Lady Justice. Similar to R1, I didn’t want to declare Dreamer into a close deployment. Without assassinate it was a bit safer, but the schemes didn't align for how I would prefer to hire a Dreamer crew in Evidence. I'm sure Dreamer would have been fine, OP as he is, but with the amount of severe terrain on this map, I am once again confident in Titania’s ability to do her thing

Titania is great on this map. Especially if you are the attacker (IMO the North and West deployment zone are great for her). You can really exploited the choke points (LJ will jump around, but most of her crew should be hinder in their movements). 

The impassable rock work mostly in you favor I guess (the fact that the rock are impassable is still weird for me)

GL.

• Thanks 1

Update on my R2

Crew are now locked:

Pandora + ghost

Candy

Carver

Sorrow

Wrath

Serena

Mysterious Effigy (effigy of fate)

6ss

VS

Hoff + WallE

Howard (SS cache)

Union Steamfitter (magical training)

Joss (Diesel Engine)

Toolkit

Melissa

7ss

I'm 90%  certain to deploy on the north wedge (I'm the attacker obviously). Mosly because of Melissa. I just have to double check the actual deployment for Dora there. 

After reading a couple of comments, I went for Carver over Hina. Ruthless should help against Howard.

I'm surprise to see Diesel Engine on Joss. Beside that this is mostly what I expected. 

What do you think of the matchup? 

Hoffman Looks like a nightmare himself. Fast on Howard langston or joss seems unpleasant. You're crew looks like it's just gonna smash into that wall of ugly. I don't know how it'll play out per se', but I think whoever loses a big model first will  just get bullied the rest of the game. candy is gonna for sure die and give up  a evidence. If you can force joss into severe terrain, he's already kind of slow, as is hoffman. You might be able to buy more time to get stuff done than you otherwise would. make note of the models without unimpeded and maybe try to force that on top of keeping pandy's grasping aura up.

Euri comes in 7-3 against that old biddy Jedza.

Highlights(not all necessarily in order)

Turn 1 is a lot of positioning, he moves the grave goo up OOA so it's overlaping the river over the bridge. Euri throws down some pillars, Archivist takes a shot at Euri, and the grave goo charges in and burries a Geryon.

Turn 2 Jedza moves in towards the center "heals" Euri for 1 damage trying to move him into the poisonous river. Euri responds by punching her face in a bunch after throwing down some pillars. Grave Goo charges my Lyssa, hitting only once with focus for only 1 damage and poison +2. Damned attacked Euri then leaped to attack the Lyssa, missing. One of my geryon then charges him, heaves him out of Jedza's LoS then kills him with the 2nd hit, leaving my burried geryong to pop out and charge to pick up the evidence with mobile warrior.  Mikhail doesn't take too kindly to his and beats a cyclops down to 1, my lyssa down to 1 with blasts, and my Geryon to 4. Lyssa dies to Jedza's aura, but thanks to that Euri makes a pillar next to it's body which blocks off LoS to my 1 health cyclops.

Turn 3 I save my cyclops who beats Mikhail down to 5. Mikhail takes a swing on Euri which misses thanks to the RJ, then he pulls Euri to him taking a focused swing which misses against due to RJ. Euri then jumps next to Jedza, killing her. Ngaatoro trys to obey my geryon to betray Euri, then obeys the archivist to attack Euri which misses. The grave goo grabs an evidence to goes off to bury my full health Cyclops after punching it, who unfortunately gets stuck in there until turn 5. A geryon shoulder rushes to focus and then charges the archivist at 4, only to BJ the damage flip. Archivist kils Euri in reprisal.

Turn 4 the archivist attempts to run away, shooting the Geryon twice, hitting once. My other geryon attacks Mikhail using the convenient 13R on the top of my deck, bringing him to HtK, then just charging through him to kill him. Grave goo moves to attempt to block my Cyclops from picking up the evidence after fleeing in terror from the awesome might that is my primordial magic. The cyclops responds by just pushing it away thanks to knock aside and grabbing it anyways. Ngaatoro obeys the archivist, bringing my Geryon down to 2 then tries and fails to obey the Geryon. That geryon responds by beating the archivists face in, healing 2 with the crow trigger then eating 2 ice pillars to heal to full. Sophie drops a scheme marker in the center.

Turn 5, my cyclops charges the grave goo, killing both it and sophie with a blast, finally freeing my other cyclops. We call the game here.

The lesson here:

Who cares about healing and stopping stuff from dying when you have a bunch of 50mm Ht 3+ models and ice pillars to block LoS and a bunch of min 3 damage tracks.

• Like 4