WE Neverborn do not MARCh, we charge (vassal march tournament discussion)

SEV

3 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

would probably hit Fuhatsu with ranged willpower attacks and bog him down in melee. The more you can bog the enemy down here, the better. Fuhatsu still gets a disengage + shoot twice, so make the disengage angles awkward.

Not to do this to you again, buuuuuut.... he's got scatter too.

3 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I would probably hit Fuhatsu with ranged willpower attacks and bog him down in melee. The more you can bog the enemy down here, the better. Fuhatsu still gets a disengage + shoot twice, so make the disengage angles awkward.

Terrorize + unbury a summon is going to be super strong here, at a guess? (Just don't terrorize Fuhatsu).

He doesn't have to disengage, he has Scatter. It's fine if you don't know him, but read the card lol xD

Yeah Fuhatsu can't be move unfortunately. But he's wp 3. The problem is getting someone close enough to make him do that WP test... Maybe the best way to do it is to ambush him with snatch (unburied an Stitch or an alp and Buried the Snatch)? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alcathous said:

Not to do this to you again, buuuuuut.... he's got scatter too.

That seems fine, that's an entire action.

Overall, I would suggest to @SEV to be cautious but not too cautious.  Make him work to hit you (for example, engage Fuhatsu with a summon then walk out of his shooting range, and his only option is to kill the summon).

You have the AP advantage in the long run, so make him work for it. Make him take walk actions, make him work to shoot important models, bog him down with summons, etc.

And keep a focus on scoring! Misaki either wins this by you messing up and dying too fast, or by outscoring you I think?

9 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

He doesn't have to disengage, he has Scatter. It's fine if you don't know him, but read the card lol xD

In my defense, reading all the abilities and remembering how they all apply to everything is a bit tricky xD

But yeah, don't take my advice too seriously Sev. There's a reason I put a disclaimer in my signature about what crews I know xD

8 minutes ago, SEV said:

Yeah Fuhatsu can't be move unfortunately. But he's wp 3. The problem is getting someone close enough to make him do that WP test... Maybe the best way to do it is to ambush him with snatch (unburied an Stitch or an alp and Buried the Snatch)? 

Well, stitched and madness can happily get close to Fuhatsu and do the WP attack, so that seems fine.

Dreamer can walk forward, attack, walk back (do not recommend until late game, and only as a last resort).

If Fuhatsu walks forward and shoots something, you may have something in range to WP duel him then hide.

If you can keep focus off him, it is also acceptable to tank him in desperate times I imagine. He will probably do 4-8 damage without focus, so you may be able to stone + heal through it. EDIT: 4-8 damage in TWO attacks. Work to stop him getting three.

Once you're powered up it might be worth diving him? Not sure.

• Like 1

I've decided. I'm now a lucius only malifaux player. Now matter how shitty he is, or how disgusting he gets buffed..... I'm in it for the long haul. I will ascend to the dizzying heights of skill and power that gods like kharnage and maniacal occupy........... Now someone tell me how to play lucius because my first game with him is tommorrow.  vs  von schtook. also I have no idea what von schtook does. 

5 minutes ago, ooshawn said:

I've decided. I'm now a lucius only malifaux player. Now matter how shitty he is, or how disgusting he gets buffed..... I'm in it for the long haul. I will ascend to the dizzying heights of skill and power that gods like kharnage and maniacal occupy........... Now someone tell me how to play lucius because my first game with him is tommorrow.  vs  von schtook. also I have no idea what von schtook does. 

I am by no means an expert, but general Lucius approach boils down to a couple of ideas; superior card manipulation, and AP dumping into key models. Making your dudes do things draws you cards, you have arcane reservoir, and Lawyers have Tools for the Job and access to surge triggers. Lucius in keyword doesn't have a strong front line, and certainly not in Neverborn. Some people import Mature Nephilim since his Command works on minions of any variety (though you don't get card draw for this). Agent 46 is an intimidating beater with his Inhuman Physiology preventing cheating to dodge, but lacks tanky qualities outside of stealth and being a stone user. Passionate Defense from Lawyers and OOK healers make this less of a terrible fate, but he's not gonna be able to dish and take, just dish.  He can dish quite a lot though, since you can hire a couple of Changelings, and make it so that Lucius's activation is just spent giving Agent 46 more AP, by commanding Agent 46, then commanding each Changeling to Command Agent 46 (via use of Just Like You copying Command).
Investigators are interesting and like Inhuman Reflexes so their 0 inch reach doesn't cripple them, but they're still squishballs and with no healing, they crumble quickly. Alan Reid is a good hire, and Diversion is a strong front of card ability to mess with certain crews. Hinamatsu is an interesting hire with a Lawyer heavy crew because Passionate Defense shielded combines with an unexpected Armor +2 quite well. Obeying Hina becomes an option, but don't forget you can Obey foes to disengage from her and control both the attack and defense on the damaging attack (since Hinamatsu is wicked). Other than that, I don't have a lot on how to make Lucius work, I haven't been successful with him quite yet.

16 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

Unless you're expecting ranged threats, then they'll just get blasted off the board.

Excellent point. Stealth on the changeling does give it some protection, but it doesn't really have much other actions or abilities that makes it good at scheming. Personally I'd take a wicked doll instead if I needed stealth.

1 minute ago, Hawkoon said:

Excellent point. Stealth on the changeling does give it some protection, but it doesn't really have much other actions or abilities that makes it good at scheming. Personally I'd take a wicked doll instead if I needed stealth.

In a lucius crew I think I'd take the card draw over 1 less stone and some more mobility.

Granted I don't think this is a choice that will ever really come up.

• Agree 1

this is what I settled on to learn the crew,  anyone want to play a quick one lmk. you will win lol

New Lucius Mattheson Crew (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Agent 46
  Alan Reid
  Doppleganger
  Guild Lawyer
  Guild Lawyer 2
  Changeling
  Changeling 2

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ooshawn said:

this is what I settled on to learn the crew,  anyone want to play a quick one lmk. you will win lol

New Lucius Mattheson Crew (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Agent 46
  Alan Reid
  Doppleganger
  Guild Lawyer
  Guild Lawyer 2
  Changeling
  Changeling 2

You're missing a beater there IMHO.

GL he's a tough bite to swallow (can I say this in english?).

Is your list set? I would have bring more Armor. He only have Student of Steel with armor piercing. Hinamatsu seems great here (especially with the trick mentioned above).

A Vasilia + BBS + doll package could also work really well. 

Bear in mind that I'm not a Lucius player at all o maybe I'm overly focused on your versatiles/ook choices.

1 minute ago, Alcathous said:

Agent can beat down. Inhuman Physiology is better than Min 3 in a lot of cases.

But is this enough against VS? He doesn't seem super sturdy and he'll probably be a high priority target. If he dies, Ooshawn frontline will crumble, isn't it? 

This is a real question, maybe I'm missing something about Lucius...

Just now, SEV said:

But is this enough against VS? He doesn't seem super sturdy and he'll probably be a high priority target. If he dies, Ooshawn frontline will crumble, isn't it? 

This is a real question, maybe I'm missing something about Lucius...

I don't think Luci wins the matchup by out-fighting Schtook's crew. If you are trying to win in combat, then you definitely need multiple beaters. @Roadhouse has a double mature list that might be able to tango. 

Honestly, the matchup sounds incredibly hard and I don't have an answer.