Aeslin vs Autumn knight

I keep comparing and contrasting these two to see if aeslin is worth taking, and he just seems inferior in the vast majority of situations. There are some situations I could imagine where he's sitting in a gigantic unavoidable forest and attacking things from a distance that would be very useful...however I don't ever see a map like that happening. Even Round one for MARCHing has two large forests and they are positioned in a way that is very avoidable. As it stands my personal opinion on Aeslin is that he is just a inferior 8ss model. I'm still trying to wrap my head around why this crew doesn't have the Crow suite built in if the entire crew is gonna fight for that trigger AND you have to have underbrush markers. It's pretty obvious that they tried to fix it with the Trex(can't wait to buy that),  but it's just so situational it seems like you could go multiple games and not use that trigger once on aeslin , especially when the entire crew fights for it 

I saw that, but it's min 3 if they are within 2 inches of a marker though. I'm gonna try to replace her with a Rougarou for a little while and see if I like the difference. I guess I just really value consistency and Rou seems like nothing really affects it in a negative way

I played my first game with her with a all in themed crew, no verse. and it seemed underwhelming at the time. I'm sure with practice it'll be different. I'll probably try her out once I get more comfortable with the mechanics

38 minutes ago, ooshawn said:

I played my first game with her with a all in themed crew, no verse. and it seemed underwhelming at the time. I'm sure with practice it'll be different. I'll probably try her out once I get more comfortable with the mechanics

I started playing Titania 2 months ago (for the scorpius tournament). When the map is good for her (like next month R4 and to a lesser extend R2) I think she's amazing. By herself she's a great master.

Her keyword is not super good though. Rougarou are good with great mobility but a bit fragile. Walgeist really need to have favorable terrain to work. Knigh are ok tar pit. Butlungsomething are just plain bad. Killjoys is just outshined by other beaters. Aeslin feel underwhelming righ now but I didn't try him yet.  

Malisaurus his awesome though. This models does a lot. Especially with his bonus that help to move your other key pieces around. Bringing him back with the gorar is gravy after you oponentspend so much resources killinghim.

Beside that I thing the Emissary is a Fae model (and a great one at that).

I usually round this crew with good OOK or versatile and play here like an elite warband in the right scheme pool and map... 

There's probably many other way to play the Fae Queen but as I said, she's is my newest master in NB (thank to vassal, I might buy her IRL since I enjoy this elite crew). 

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Titania herself to me after thinking about it for awhile, seems almost like a worse nekima. I like rou.,T-rex, gorar, and killjoy quite a bit.  I had not considered the emissary though, he's just a vers. not a fae model though. which means you can't bring the outrageously good stuff like Bowman and hooded rider with it. Also why so many vers. models so damn good, yet so many keyword models are so incredibly bad like hounds,  butlungsomethings, tots,  etc

26 minutes ago, ooshawn said:

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Titania herself to me after thinking about it for awhile, seems almost like a worse nekima. I like rou.,T-rex, gorar, and killjoy quite a bit.  I had not considered the emissary though, he's just a vers. not a fae model though. which means you can't bring the outrageously good stuff like Bowman and hooded rider with it. Also why so many vers. models so damn good, yet so many keyword models are so incredibly bad like hounds,  butlungsomethings, tots,  etc

I don't understand : why do you say you can't bring those versatiles. Mu usuall elite crew with Titania is :

Rex

Emissary 

Rider 

Serena

11 as to adapt 

Also I think in a vacuum Titania is way better than Nekima... Almost as good as beating down, way more sturdy and with more utility.

Also I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm pretty sure with her upgrade nekima kills titania probably most of the time.,. so every turn titania heals 1,  takes 3 attacks and 3 damage from black blood. Nekima heals 2, Swings 3 times and deals 3 extra damage with blade rush. Nekima has +1 min damage +2 moderate damage as well, so htw and 2 extra health won't hold her up vs the queen

11 minutes ago, ooshawn said:

Also I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm pretty sure with her upgrade nekima kills titania probably most of the time.,. so every turn titania heals 1,  takes 3 attacks and 3 damage from black blood. Nekima heals 2, Swings 3 times and deals 3 extra damage with blade rush. Nekima has +1 min damage +2 moderate damage as well, so htw and 2 extra health won't hold her up vs the queen

Titania is hard to wound, if nekima is bladerushing she isn't flying so the terrain will slow her. 

Nekima is 3/5/6, titania can easily hit that with into the thorns and as it places if there is a hungry land nearby then that's 1 more damage too.

Titania has 14 wounds and nekima cannot hit severe against her. They are pretty much on par but Titania has range and also sets up for rest of crew to punish nekima with the injured.

I have played Titania alot and she can deal out the hurt as well as nekima without having to go in close, she's also better protected with hard to wound plus cruel disappointment.

Also the rest of her crew is great IMO, add the emissary and its well rounded.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ooshawn said:

15ss vers and ook limit on MARCHing. that crew is like 90 percent vers, just taking the best models in faction and slapping them together

If I'm not mistaken there's is no SS limit for OOk or versatile in the march vassal tournament.

2 hours ago, ooshawn said:

Also I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm pretty sure with her upgrade nekima kills titania probably most of the time

Maybe, it depend on a lot of think... But also, Malifaux is not just about killing... I still think Titania is a better overall master than Nekima who is mostly a beatstick (also if you want to pit them against each other you have to put IR on Titania as well 😁... Thematically that could be a fun experiment!).

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
34 minutes ago, SEV said:

If I'm not mistaken there's is no SS limit for OOk or versatile in the march vassal tournament.

Maybe, it depend on a lot of think... But also, Malifaux is not just about killing... I still think Titania is a better overall master than Nekima who is mostly a beatstick (also if you want to pit them against each other you have to put IR on Titania as well 😁... Thematically that could be a fun experiment!).

that's unfortunate, I really thought that limit was a fantastic idea for the last one. I love themed/mostly keyword crews

what would you say titania's main purpose as a master is then? To get in the thick of things and tie models up? I don't feel like she does that THAT much better than nekima. The comparison was because he said "better in a vaacuum". To me in a vaacuum means, 1v1 . it's the only comparison I could think that makes sense given that context.

27 minutes ago, ooshawn said:

what would you say titania's main purpose as a master is then? To get in the thick of things and tie models up? I don't feel like she does that THAT much better than nekima. The comparison was because he said "better in a vaacuum". To me in a vaacuum means, 1v1 . it's the only comparison I could think that makes sense given that context.

Tarpiting and taking out a key model.

• ooshawn changed the title to Aeslin vs Autumn knight