Guild on MARCHing

belorey

Thanks, I forgot about screen shots so I'll summarize it with words. 

First turn was boring, I was setting up scheme marker for second turn, mostly looking for severes and tomes to summon trans. My opponent overextended with his Mikhail at the last activation. 

I won the the first activation and used Bring It on Mikhail. He then activate Mikhail to hide behind Conceal. Two traps repositioned him to be in terrain. Basse used CiQ with Dust Cloud to get Mikhail into the center of my crew, I got high severe with crows on second attack so he got another injury and flipped RJ on damage. Pathfinders finishes him off. I then block his crew with Sand Worm to stop Grave Goo from denying my Claim on Jonathan. After activation of Grave Goo who beat up my Sand Worm to 7 Wd. The Austera scored a Severe on damage on him for 5 damage and he scored Vendetta. Sand Worm buried himself and survive poison on 1 Wd. He didn't go out until last turn because I didn't want to let my opponent score another Vendetta and Strategy. Effigy survives Austringer on 1 Wd who attacked with Onslaught. 

Turn 3 Damned goes for kill on Bernadette which he later pays with his own blood. Grave Goo eats Jonathan, his Winston scores Claim Jump.

Later turns were boring, I was trying to kill Grave Goo to score another points for strategy but Basse only dealt 3 weaks (1 CiQ, 2x Chesterfields). The rest of the game were chess with my trying to snipe anything I can kill and he to not letting me do that. 

Last turn I set upped some 7 schemes for second LYM, made some shots to Winston and healed Jonathan back to full Hp. 

Winston scores another Claim, same as Jonathan. Jedza destroys 3 markers for my LYM and I remove another 2 because of False Claim, so I'm left with only 2 markers which is not enough sadly. Sand Worm finally unburies in my backline and double walks into my Deployment to not get finished up. 

We end 4:3 in my favor (I guess GU can't win with bigger diff then 1) 

The game was really slow but luckily I managed to not lose any worth points models (Bernadette is not a model I care for :P) 

Before the game I was thinking that I should have taken Emissary instead of Sand Worm against Jedza and I think It would turned out better for me. Sand Worm didn't do anything except giving out 1 point to my enemy 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Filox said:

Before the game I was thinking that I should have taken Emissary instead of Sand Worm against Jedza and I think It would turned out better for me. Sand Worm didn't do anything except giving out 1 point to my enemy 😂

I would have turned that around, the Sand worm denied a scheme point for the enemy by burying and staying hidden, I'm not sure any other model would have managed that when you consider you threw it into the enemy to hold them up. (which is sounded like it did for 1 turn). 

But you played the game, so you will have a better understanding that I will. 

5 hours ago, Adran said:

But you played the game, so you will have a better understanding that I will. 

Emissary allows me to break his Bubble much more easily and is harder to kill (low Wp in Jedza crew) so I could score more points from Strategy and had more time for LYM which he would not be able to break that easily that he did it this time.

I played yesterday round 3 and i won Hoffy 6-1 McM.

My crew was:

Pool: 5SS
  Charles Hoffman
  Mechanical Attendant
  Melissa K.O.R.E.
  Howard Langston
    Lead-Lined Coat
  Mobile Toolkit
  Medical Automaton
  Phiona Gage
    Lead-Lined Coat
  Guild Steward

Against:

Pool: 7
  Dr. McMourning
    The Whisper
  Zombie Chihuahua
  Sebastian
  Rafkin
  Rogue Necromancy
  Flesh Construct
  Kentauroi

Deployment:

I choose top left becouse i think it was better for hidding because of the frog on the middle of the board and i have no boxes to move around on T1 so i have free movements.

I choose Leave your Mark and Claim Jump with Melissa KORE, so i was thinking of take middle of the board and protect her with Phiona and Medical Automaton (that worked pretty well this game).

IMG_20210320_134532.thumb.jpg.4677d0aece40ad7df9b2fddc653bb38b.jpg

Turn 1:

I began with Hoffman giving Fast to Howard, Phiona and Melissa, then i moved concentrate with all of them, and move to the middle. I used Phionas Bring It to move Hoffman 6" toward her, then all the support models move behind my three beaters taking the right positions.

My rival star giving all poison he could to all his models and move around the sz3 building and climbing it to be on position. Kentauroi and Flesh Construct moved to the other side of the building and McM was on the stairs of Sz2.

Turn 2: (0-1)

He won the initiative so he activates Kentauroi and Ride with Me to let McM on the middel of the frog, then Kentauroi charge to Melissa, fail first attack (1 dmg from the charge) and charge again for a minimun damage (1+1), so i used Medical Automatton abilite and discard a card to place Melissa behind him.

IMG-20210319-WA0038.thumb.jpg.91810443ecf43f2e3b757723bda5869b.jpg

Then Hoffman give Fast to Howard and Melissa and heal Phiona making her armour irreducible. At this point, i had all my front line within 2" of Phiona to protect them from McM attacks. He moved Flesh Construct and drop a Scheme on the middle for LyM and move all his models waiting to activate McM.

I shoot 3 times + :ToS-Fast: with Melissa against Kentauroy and i missed all of them so no damage at this point. I was scared McM charged against Howard so i used Phionas Bring It to put McM on melee and i give it some damage. Then i charged with Howard and i used Vent of Steam to put McM on Hazardous. At this point McM had 5 wounds left so if he moves to attack other model than Phiona he was going to loose AP and take damage, he had no cards on hand so he run back with him to get some healing.

At the end of the turn i move my support models healing Melissa and giving focus and shielded on her. And he used his totem to heal McM up to 9 wounds. He move the Necromandy to the middle, ready to attack my models in next round.

He score 1 VP from Leave your Mark.

Turn 3: (1-1)

He gains initiative and activate Kentauroy, moves back and takes McM for a Ride with Me At this point he has Necromancy, McM and Flesh Construct on the middle with Kentauroy activated close to them. Hoffman gives fast to Melissa, Howard and Phiona. I Shoot 3 times with Melissa and finally killed Kentauroy and ping some damage for blast on Necromancy and Flesh Construct.

Flesh Construct to Melissa giving me some damage and poison around with the Projectile Vomits. McM moved and charge to Howard, he used focus and Critical Strike on the duel and give me 6 damage on his first attack, so i used again Mecial Automaton abilitie to put Howard away from him. He had an AP left and no place to go and nobody to attack so he concentrates.

I heal Howard to 5 wounds to use his grit (executioner) for free, and i charged to McM. At this point he has 2SS left and McM had 9 wounds and 1 card on his hand. I make 4 attacks, using my powet tokens for positive, first attack i made 3 damage and he stone to prevent 1 (7 wounds left), next attack i deal 3 damage and he stone the black joker (4 wounds left), the third attack he had no stones, so when i get high card he cheat with RJ to make me fail. I take my last attack and we tied, so it was a :-flip:-flip and i had luck and deal medium damage to kill McM. After that i used Medical and Guild Steward to heal Howard to 6 wounds.

End of turn, i score 1 VP from Public Enemies (Melissa KORE killing Kentauroy).

IMG-20210319-WA0041.thumb.jpeg.2bb570c72f417eb4455844aed83dbba3.jpeg

Turn 4: (4-1)

I won the initiative and Hoffman go first, he Overcharged Melissa and Phiona (and deal 2 damage + 2 injuried to Flesh Construct and 1 damage + 1 injuried to Rogue Necromancy) and Heal 3 wound to Howard Langstone.

McM totem run close to my crew whilst Necromancy attack Phiona. Raftkin and Sebastian move and drop schemes for LyM. Phiona killed Flesh Construct and Melissa moved twice to middle and drop a Scheme. Howard charge to Necromancy and make 4 damage to him.

At the end of the turn i scored 1 VP from Claim Jump (Melissa), 1 VP from LyM and 1 VP from Public Enemies (Howards 3 points from killing McM).

Turn 5: (6-1)

He disengaged with Necromancy and charged to Melissa trying to kill her, i stone to prevent damage, then i charged with Phiona and kill Necromancy, he charged with Sebastian and put Melissa with 3 wounds. I activated Hoffman, move and use his :ToS-Fast: to push toward Phiona and spend 2 powe tokens to heal 6 to Melissa (up to 7 wounds again). He used Raftkin to drop his third scheme. I moved Howard and use the trail of gore to remove an enemy scheme and we left the game because we cound´t score more points.

SAVE_20210320_150152.thumb.jpg.6306f72c7b8b3941178d356fede054c3.jpg

At the end of the turn i score 1 VP from Claim Jump and 1 VP from Public Enemies (Phiona´s 4 points from killing Flesh Construct and Necromancy). 

• Like 5

I also forgot pictures.
Sonnia 4 vs Jack Daw 6
Sonnia, PF, Samael, Pale Rider, Lone Marshall, Spelleater, Witchling Thrall, 5ss. 2 Strat, 2 Let them Bleed, failed Vendetta.
Jack Daw, Lady Lidea, Montressor, 2 Guilty, Hanged, Drowned, Jaakuna, 5ss. 4 Strat, 1 Let them Bleed (end), 1 Vendetta (reveal).

I got to set up in the top right corner, allowing Sonnia to get a sightline covering half the map, and unable to be lured off the edge.

T1, not a single shot was fired. He was playing cautious and I was just setting up.

T2, he got initiative and made me go. Continued setting up (Sonnia had 4 focus now), and he slowly moved forwards. Then I made the misplay of the century running my Pale Rider forward in the attempt to give everything burning and some irreducible damage..... and I discarded my ram in the activation before instead of the tome. (And didn't flip a ram myself). He was then stuck in the middle of his crew and just died not achieving anything. 1 model burned to death, and several were real low. Score 2-0 (Vendetta of Montressor on Pale Rider, then Bounty from Pale Rider).

T3, Sonnia was blasting several burning, and damage around his crew reducing the ranges of a lot of actions and being annoying. His crow was slowly advancing and starting to get the engine going. I was just trying to slow them down for Sonnia to continue her stuff. Score 3-2 (Let them Bleed reveal, Bounty from guilty/drowned, Bounty from Lone Marshall).

T4, Sonnia had the best turn, making both Jaakuna and the Hanged into Witchling Thralls with scorch the soul. Score 4-3 (Bounty of Jaakuna/Hanged, Spelleater/Thrall).

T5, One of the thralls chrged and killed Montressor twice, first punch he had 1hp, then second I flipped RJ for Crit Strike+2. Being staggered meant Sonnia couldn't disengage and flopped hopelessly around.  Daw then executed both Sonnia and my Thrall who was left to activate. Score 6-4 (Bounty Sonnia/Thrall, Montressor, both scored end of Let them Bleed).

Don't really have a lot else to say other than Mr Insomniakwulf was a great opponent, and I know I misplayed the rider. Probably would have gone very differently if I had done it correctly.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Higgybeans said:

Then I made the misplay of the century running my Pale Rider forward in the attempt to give everything burning and some irreducible damage..... and I discarded my ram in the activation before instead of the tome. (And didn't flip a ram myself).

I never go too aggressive with Pale Rider untill T3. The only reason to go on T2 is:

1- I have the last activation of the T2.

2- I have 6:ram+ in hand for Revel in Conflict.

3- I have a high card to secure the initiative on T3 to do it again or run away with him.

2 minutes ago, Filox said:

My last opponent is Kirai. I play as Dashel. We did not declared the crews yet. Once again, I'm the defender... for the forth time this tournament... guess Guild can't chose it's deployment. But anyway, here I come for another 1 diff win!

Reckon he'll tech Vincent to take out your summoned Executioners?

18 hours ago, belorey said:

I never go too aggressive with Pale Rider untill T3. The only reason to go on T2 is:

1- I have the last activation of the T2.

2- I have 6:ram+ in hand for Revel in Conflict.

3- I have a high card to secure the initiative on T3 to do it again or run away with him.

I had a 10:ramthat I discarded, instead of an 11:tome and then proceeded with my plan and only after I had charged in with him realised :( it was totally my fault, and it ruined the game for me. Didn't stop me from burning many ghost people to dust.... but it definitely cost me the chance of winning!

13 minutes ago, Higgybeans said:

I had a 10:ramthat I discarded, instead of an 11:tome and then proceeded with my plan and only after I had charged in with him realised :( it was totally my fault, and it ruined the game for me. Didn't stop me from burning many ghost people to dust.... but it definitely cost me the chance of winning!

I did the same thing last tournament :D

Well i horrible lost 8-1 with Basse v. Shenlong. I didn't take pics and i think i want to forget the game.

Fuhatsu and Shenlong blow Basse very hard (First shoot with Fuhatsu was the Red Joker to damage with Critical Strike, so 8 damage to Basse when we had the deck full). 

Basse has no card draw (and Shenlong has) so with all the Chi for +2 to duels make the keyword imposible to beat. If you add to the mix an insane capacity of healing and some bad decisions i took on T1 we have a horrible lost.

Anyway my rival played very well and take right decisions each turn.

Special mention to 2 BJ to damage agains Fuhatsu (one with :+flip to damage and amour piercing) from Pathfinder that would killed Fuhatsu or let him with 1 wound (i'm not sure now).

I had a very sad game vs Mah Tucket

Hoff +4SS
Attendant
Toolkit
Riotbreaker
Watcher
Phiona + LLC
Melissa
Howard + LLC

Opponent had
Mah +2 SS
Lass
2x Test Subjects
Rooster Rider
Gator
Bushwacker
Big Brain Brin
Sparks
Soulstone Miner

T1 Melissa managed to blast a Rooster, Lass and 1 Test Subject (despite BJ on 1 attack) and Phiona killed Bushwacker. T2 I halfed Mah for Assassinate and killed second Test Subject. T3 I killed SS Miner and Gator and finished off Mah.
Game ended in a 7:2 for me

By my estimations I should be around 15-18th :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Filox said:

I play today at 21:30 pm GMT +1. The battle for at least third place!
I took: 4SS
Dashel
Radio man
Pale Rider + LLC
Lone Marshal + LLC
Guild Lawyer
Guild Steward

You miss 8 points. It does not match with Phiona, I am surprised. Did you take a mounted guard ?

1 hour ago, trikk said:

I had a very sad game vs Mah Tucket

Hoff +4SS
Attendant
Toolkit
Riotbreaker
Watcher
Phiona + LLC
Melissa
Howard + LLC

Opponent had
Mah +2 SS
Lass
2x Test Subjects
Rooster Rider
Gator
Bushwacker
Big Brain Brin
Sparks
Soulstone Miner

T1 Melissa managed to blast a Rooster, Lass and 1 Test Subject (despite BJ on 1 attack) and Phiona killed Bushwacker. T2 I halfed Mah for Assassinate and killed second Test Subject. T3 I killed SS Miner and Gator and finished off Mah.
Game ended in a 7:2 for me

By my estimations I should be around 15-18th :)

No victory with guild is sad.