Guild on MARCHing

belorey

I won 6-2 against Marcus. I will try to report later but i forgot take pics of each turn. 😅 

My crew was:

Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  Lady Justice
    Lead-Lined Coat
Totem(s):
  Scales of Justice
Hires:
  The Lone Marshal
  Pale Rider
    Lead-Lined Coat
  Domador De Cadaveres
  Guild Steward
  Guild Lawyer

His crew was:

Size: 50 - Pool: 7
Leader:
  Marcus
Totem(s):
  Jackalope
Hires:
  Myranda
  The Scorpius
    Diesel Engine
  Sabertooth Cerberus
    Soulstone Cache
  Razorspine Rattler
  Order Initiate
    Magical Training

1 hour ago, belorey said:

I won 6-2 against Marcus. I will try to report later but i forgot take pics of each turn. 😅 

My crew was:

Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  Lady Justice
    Lead-Lined Coat
Totem(s):
  Scales of Justice
Hires:
  The Lone Marshal
  Pale Rider
    Lead-Lined Coat
  Domador De Cadaveres
  Guild Steward
  Guild Lawyer

His crew was:

Size: 50 - Pool: 7
Leader:
  Marcus
Totem(s):
  Jackalope
Hires:
  Myranda
  The Scorpius
    Diesel Engine
  Sabertooth Cerberus
    Soulstone Cache
  Razorspine Rattler
  Order Initiate
    Magical Training

rattler, scorpius... bad crew)

So, my game against against @Alcathous ended up 7:6 to ma favor. I scored 4 from strat, 1 from LYM and 2 form Vendetta(Lone Marshal vs Emissary). He scored 4 for strat, 1 for RS and 1 for Hidden Martys(Gorar & Serena). He chose the right deployment which as we talked later turned out to bad deployment.

image.thumb.png.0ab3b6b9b2070e4cdc69228942ef64cc.png

My plan for the fight was to put Mali to 9 Wd so I can jump in with LJ and kill him in my activation before he heals him with Serena. Then hunt down Gorar with Lone Marshal to prevent resummoning of Mali. After that I was just looking for opportunities at the table and pick fights carefully with my superior range.

image.thumb.png.854beb527ab73892835b753fe4b062c9.png

Instead of picking a fight with the rest of the crew with LJ I rushed to Gorar to stop him from resurrecting Mali and I also picked up the marker from him. Titania which killed my Domador turn 1 rushed for the marker and tried to engage Lone MarshalPale Rider did his damaging pulse to 3 models. He scored Research and HM. He was leading 3:1. (No image found :( )

He opens with Titania and kills lawyer, picks up marker and engages Lone Marshal. He manages to escape and hits Emissary for 5 damage scoring me a VendettaSerena scored a RJ on damage vs Pale Rider which made my blood running (he also blasted Domador for 4 damage) and I started to sweat a little and heals him up to 5 WdPale Rider goes making hitting one again 3 models with his bonus and then with 2 attacks (one was focused) and kills the Emissary. Aeslin finishes Pale Rider. Wounded Domador picks up the Evidence from Emissary. LJ comes back and scores me a LYM. We are 4:4.

image.thumb.png.18f13770155febd0fa18c9f15c4a96b5.png

Turn 4 start by Aeslin killing Domador. Lone Marshal runs away from Titania. LJ killes Aeslin and picks up the Evidence. Titania picked up the Evidence this turn as well. We are 5:5. 

image.thumb.png.044662b6fbc47135e8f380d5eb476272.png

Last turn, he starts by scoring Evidence with Titania and engaging my LJ. I just leap away, picks up my Evidence and delta straight away from Serena. After that we said there is no in playing those last 3 activations. I scored second point from Vendetta. We ended up 7:6 in my favor. 

The game was fast paced and there was a lot of places for mistakes that could cost either us a game, but as seen from the score we didn't made much of them. In the end I think I ended up winning thanks bigger range and nice fast kills on enemy heavy hitters. I really enjoyed the game, we did not argue even once :D about anything. Hope to see @Alcathousagain for a rematch ❤️ .

By the way, would you like to show your side of game and comment under those screens? @Alcathous, please? :D 

• Like 3

I think we can play almost any Master in this table. I played Nellie two days ago against Mah and worked pretty well.

Sonnia, Justicia, Perdita and Basse are good in Public Enemies and Hoffman's models are very hard to take down if they don't have nothing against armour.

I hope we can do a good job on round 3.

We just went into the loser bracket and it was easier :D

The R1 pool is hard for Guild
Breakthrough and Sabotage are hard. Assassinate is not good versus masters that are good in Symbols (Misaki, Colette, Zipp) so we had Claim Jump left and we suck at symbols. I have a 50% win ratio with Guild except symbols where I have a 19% win ratio :D 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, belorey said:

We won 4 of 6 (1 left) so i think It was a good pool.

I won the last game, Sonnia vs Hamlin. (4-3).

Was a real fun game, it was recorded and will go on youtube, and I forgot to take pictures, sorry :(

Sonnia, PF, Samael, Pale Rider + LLC, Emmisary, Steward, Spelleater, 5 ss. Scored 2 Strat, reveal leave your mark, reveal hidden martyr (PF, Steward)
Hamlin, 3 Stolen, 2 Prospectors, 2 Rat Kings, Benny, Nix, Obedient Wretch, 1 Rat, 1 ss. Scored 1 Strat, reveal hidden martyr (benny, obedient wretch), end vendetta (nix).

Setup, he planned to do crazy things. By generating enough rats and things in t1.
I just moved up, played some focus, and then Sonnia walked into trees to see around his Nix he moved in the way, and blasted through several rats into other things which couldn't be targeted, ruining his multiple rat kings plan.
The game was very fun, with myself always having 5-8 pass tokens (I didn't know why I would spend them) and Sonnia cremating so many things by acting before they could form the larger beasts.

Hamlin's card draw is nuts, I just couldn't seem to slow it down!

For me this round went better as I understood what I should be doing better, and made less mistakes. Having real long sight lines with Sonnia was great, and forced him to waste actions manoevering, or assisting those on fire. The game ended towards the end of turn 4. I'm not sure how much difference that would have made, Sonnia was still alive on 9ish wounds, and ready to blast remaining models out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Higgybeans said:

I won the last game, Sonnia vs Hamlin. (4-3).

Was a real fun game, it was recorded and will go on youtube, and I forgot to take pictures, sorry :(

Sonnia, PF, Samael, Pale Rider + LLC, Emmisary, Steward, Spelleater, 5 ss. Scored 2 Strat, reveal leave your mark, reveal hidden martyr (PF, Steward)
Hamlin, 3 Stolen, 2 Prospectors, 2 Rat Kings, Benny, Nix, Obedient Wretch, 1 Rat, 1 ss. Scored 1 Strat, reveal hidden martyr (benny, obedient wretch), end vendetta (nix).

Setup, he planned to do crazy things. By generating enough rats and things in t1.
I just moved up, played some focus, and then Sonnia walked into trees to see around his Nix he moved in the way, and blasted through several rats into other things which couldn't be targeted, ruining his multiple rat kings plan.
The game was very fun, with myself always having 5-8 pass tokens (I didn't know why I would spend them) and Sonnia cremating so many things by acting before they could form the larger beasts.

Hamlin's card draw is nuts, I just couldn't seem to slow it down!

For me this round went better as I understood what I should be doing better, and made less mistakes. Having real long sight lines with Sonnia was great, and forced him to waste actions manoevering, or assisting those on fire. The game ended towards the end of turn 4. I'm not sure how much difference that would have made, Sonnia was still alive on 9ish wounds, and ready to blast remaining models out!

very bad hamelin crew and samael is useless

• Respectfully Disagree 1

When the video is uploaded, this is it for whoever cares.

9 minutes ago, Plaag said:

very bad hamelin crew and samael is useless

Samael actually got me the winning point this game. I previously couldn't figure him out, but today I am starting to understand.
What makes the Hamlin crew bad? It did good things. I had a couple lucky flips, and went OTT removing the smaller models!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Higgybeans said:

When the video is uploaded, this is it for whoever cares.

Samael actually got me the winning point this game. I previously couldn't figure him out, but today I am starting to understand.
What makes the Hamlin crew bad? It did good things. I had a couple lucky flips, and went OTT removing the smaller models!

2 prospectors and 2 rat kings are very weak models and take them from the start-bad plan, also for  recover evidence u need tough models like hanna, mad dog; for good card draw u can give some model wanted criminal, with benny it works well; hanna will give 7 cards and is a good model by herself; dog can kill; also take effigy with up; need to play carefully-stack blight on sonnias crew and blow them with wretch; dont give hamelin die without stolen near, beware of blasts and all will be great

Personally I don't know why he hired rat kings as you're able to create them from rats (and when they merge they can have like 8 focused). I'd pick Mad Dog instead, but hey, it's not bad if it works :) 

14 minutes ago, Higgybeans said:

Could you explain a bit more how he does the job? each time I faced him he didn't do much.

2 minutes ago, Cedar said:

Personally I don't know why he hired rat kings as you're able to create them from rats (and when they merge they can have like 8 focused). I'd pick Mad Dog instead, but hey, it's not bad if it works :) 

You can drop Evidence Markers in your own deployment

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trikk said:

You can drop Evidence Markers in your own deployment

This is what happened. I was like cool, squishy model I can put it on. Then he sacrificed them to summon rat catchers, dropping the evidence and spawning scheme markers and stuff to summon new rats. I then had to wade through his entire crew to get there.

You say prospectors are weak, but until I could get to them (they were on the back line), each provided him with 4ss, 3 scheme markers (rats), and a total of 7 card cycling. By themselves......

1 hour ago, Cedar said:

Could you explain a bit more how he does the job? each time I faced him he didn't do much.

He grew one up with 4 focused and fast from all the summoned rats in t1. Luckily it ran into the speed bump that was the Emissary.

This is the first game Samael has worked for me (mostly because I've had a hard time with him). Usually I had him going off alone to scheme, but this time I paired him with another model. In this crew and specifically this board the Unimpeded to ignore severe was key. It allowed him to position to where I want him. In previous games he was bogged down in melee, in such a way he couldn't creep out of combat. But this time he was only engaged by rats, so could ignore them, and got far enough to reach some evidence. This match as well, I managed to make some use of his shooting, and in particular Ricochet Shot to get round some of his defensive techs (stealth, serene countanence, manipulative), by shooting rats, then bouncing some damage/flaming around.

By all means, I don't think he is worth his ss, I have played enough with him to say that. But he does fill a niche role, and this game has redeemed him slightly in my eyes.

• Like 2