Arcanists, Bayou, Guild, & Ressers: 20% Off!

Jesy Blue

These are the only 4 Factions that don't have a Master that costs under 15 Stones.

What kind of theme would you devise for a Master (and most likely Totem, as the most common reason a Master is discounted is because they have a beefy Totem) for either of these 4 factions?

• Like 1

For Bayou, I would like to see Brin push at the master level (around 12ss) with a huge test subject 2.0 as a totem (really huge please... A little bit as a Frankenstein reinterpretation within the bayou). 

I don't play the other 2 faction... But I'll would like a dual master Bayou/resser... A gremlin necromancer (Bokorish) with a zombie gator as a totem because... you know, Zomgator!

Finally Spark could become a dual master Bayou / Arcanist. Porkshop would make an amazing totem!

In my alternate universe the Gremlins will take over Malifaux!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, SEV said:

I don't play the other 2 faction... But I'll would like a dual master Bayou/resser... A gremlin necromancer (Bokorish) with a zombie gator as a totem because... you know, Zomgator!

I've been going for too. Now that Nico's gone maybe we can get a Gremlin to play copy cat, Kin style. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 2/25/2021 at 4:39 PM, Thatguy said:

I've been going for too. Now that Nico's gone maybe we can get a Gremlin to play copy cat, Kin style. 

Nico's absence makes Asura a good Resser option (assuming Boknomancer and Zomgator aren't chosen). Reviving (pun intended) the Zombie keyword as a proper master. Give her an Alt (or an Upgrade for) Grave Golem as totem.

For Arcanists, I can think of a few, but the one most intriguing to me, would be a fully independent Essence of Power. Might be too similar to Sandeep, but remove Summoning in favor of maneuverability shennanigans. Have it be in charge, with a totem elementalist who way overstepped his bounds, but was strong enough not to be shattered by it.

Bayou, got nothing to add beyond what @SEV said.

Guild, it's gotta be a stepped up Grimwell, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Why Asura and not Mortimer?

He's got seniority.

Fair point, mostly because I don’t like him?

I mean, I could give justifications like it upping the female representation to 5(+1) to 4, rather than 6 (+1) to 3. Also, another person of color being added wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Or that she seems much more independently minded, whereas Morty seems more of a follower.

Or having better control of Summons (assuming she can see them).

But mostly because I don’t like him. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/25/2021 at 2:43 AM, Jesy Blue said:

These are the only 4 Factions that don't have a Master that costs under 15 Stones.

What kind of theme would you devise for a Master (and most likely Totem, as the most common reason a Master is discounted is because they have a beefy Totem) for either of these 4 factions?

joss becomes master, i think it is possible

maybe with some totem like toolkit, ofcourse with 16wounds, htw, and from the shadows

and dont forget to make them two))

• Haha 3

For Guild I think Wyrd should expand the Asylum keyword. They sure need some "love", poor souls... Maybe keep the good doctor as a henchman, but have the Asylum director (or whatever you call the head honcho of that institute) as a master?

For totem I think some kind of powerful experimental "patient" would be quite fitting. 

9 minutes ago, Hawkoon said:

For Guild I think Wyrd should expand the Asylum keyword. They sure need some "love", poor souls... Maybe keep the good doctor as a henchman, but have the Asylum director (or whatever you call the head honcho of that institute) as a master?

For totem I think some kind of powerful experimental "patient" would be quite fitting. 

We have a post on guild about this:

Expanding Asylum

• Like 1