Waldo's Weekly - Bayou Boogie

Kyle

Take aways in order:

1. Wow those are some big f'in meeples
  2. I'm glad I don't have to build some of those models
  3. Ohh Bayou Starter Box in July
  4. Wow those are some big f'in meeples

Looking good though, Interested to see more about this game.  Also, since there's an official crosswalk, will the malifaux maps be updated with a racetrack in the bayou????

• Like 1

This rabbit rider is pretty much a 6ss missile... He shouldn't survive long but he can spread some damage on the middle of the oponent crew. On a charge you have the damage from stampede + the attack + rampage (guarantee from ramming speed) + the bonus. It seems decent to me and  he should, most of the time, be able to trade for at least an event amount of SS... Once in a while we can even kill something (or multiple things) without even having to do a single duel.

10 hours ago, the tick said:

If this is a starter set will there be a Henchman to act as a leader?

Yes, one of those is a Henchman. I'm guessing Ruffles.

10 hours ago, the tick said:

The 3D renders look good! But seriously, Wyrd, please make this trend of preassembled short lived and give us these models in plastic. Again, love the renders but please let me do my own assembly. 

Yes. These would've been absolutely stunningly amazing in HIPS! Like crazy good. But they are also really complex so cleaning up the PVC is going to be an utter nightmare, not to mention the softened details and such. A massive, massive shame - these could've been some of the very best Bayou models ever.

As for the stats - I'm not super impressed. Super squishy with self-damage - doesn't seem all that good to me. Charge is juicy, though, not doubt. Still, a clear disappointment after oogling all the Society stats :D:P Also, this won't save Wizz-Bang.

And I do realize that this kinda sounds negative so I wish to stress once more how much I love those renders. Absolutely superb!

On 2/25/2021 at 7:58 AM, Math Mathonwy said:

Yes. These would've been absolutely stunningly amazing in HIPS! Like crazy good. But they are also really complex so cleaning up the PVC is going to be an utter nightmare, not to mention the softened details and such. A massive, massive shame - these could've been some of the very best Bayou models ever.

As for the stats - I'm not super impressed. Super squishy with self-damage - doesn't seem all that good to me. Charge is juicy, though, not doubt. Still, a clear disappointment after oogling all the Society stats :D:P Also, this won't save Wizz-Bang.

And I do realize that this kinda sounds negative so I wish to stress once more how much I love those renders. Absolutely superb!

Yeah the clean up on TOS models was awful and I'll never repeat that. But I should follow suit with your last comment as well. Love the renders.