Grimwell as Leader. Madness?!

John M

So I love Grimwell. I think his 'crew' look spectacular, with nurses and orderlies. There was a topic on this about a year ago, but rather than necro that thread, I thought I'd start a new one. 

I think Grimwell would be fun and I'd like to get your input in to it. Here's what I was thinking of taking and why:

Dr. Grimwell

Brutal Effigy w/ Effigy of Fate

Nurse Heartsbane

Orderly

Nurse

Field Reporter

Agent 46

Greed

Soulstones: 6

Each model serves a purpose - Agent 46 can duplicate 'prepare for surgery' to cause an additional x damage, where X is the number of Asylum models that were within 6 as they push towards the model. Greed can then hit them with Unchecked Avarice to strip soulstones and cause damage equal to the number of models that were already tossed in. The Reporter  passes out ranged Staggered, which really helps, and gives some much-needed scheme plays.

On the other hand, if you're facing a high shockwave/blast army or an armoured army, the amount of Staggered you can drop (Not to mention the number of lobotomies with the Agent and Grimwell) can really limit their ability to scheme. There are things that can stop it, but I think it has an opportunity. Any advice?

• Like 3

I have been thinking on a list todo but mine is based on the staggered.

Pool: 4
Leader:
  Dr. Grimwell
    Lead-Lined Coat
Totem(s):
  Brutal Effigy
    Effigy of Fate
Hires:
  Nurse Heartsbane
  Pale Rider
    Lead-Lined Coat
  Nurse
  Nurse
  Orderly
  Orderly

All models giving staggered with some of them doing from 10" (Nurse Heartsbane) and 12" Rider. Then use Grimwell to move all models toward the target or using his Lobotomy trigger for draining enemies hand.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, John M said:

So I love Grimwell. I think his 'crew' look spectacular, with nurses and orderlies. There was a topic on this about a year ago, but rather than necro that thread, I thought I'd start a new one. 

I think Grimwell would be fun and I'd like to get your input in to it. Here's what I was thinking of taking and why:

Dr. Grimwell

Brutal Effigy w/ Effigy of Fate

Nurse Heartsbane

Orderly

Nurse

Field Reporter

Agent 46

Greed

Soulstones: 6

Each model serves a purpose - Agent 46 can duplicate 'prepare for surgery' to cause an additional x damage, where X is the number of Asylum models that were within 6 as they push towards the model. Greed can then hit them with Unchecked Avarice to strip soulstones and cause damage equal to the number of models that were already tossed in. The Reporter  passes out ranged Staggered, which really helps, and gives some much-needed scheme plays.

On the other hand, if you're facing a high shockwave/blast army or an armoured army, the amount of Staggered you can drop (Not to mention the number of lobotomies with the Agent and Grimwell) can really limit their ability to scheme. There are things that can stop it, but I think it has an opportunity. Any advice?

I love the idea.  And its one of the few ways I can justify squeezing The Effigy into a list too (I never seem to have room).  I do think Grimwell on the whole is better than a lot of people give him credit for.

1 hour ago, Morgan Vening said:

Kinda surprised to not see Alan or an Investigator, but then, it's probably better to go Alan and bring in Grimwell, so the OOK isn't wrecking you.

Though Alan and Nurses...

Oh, there's no doubt Alan would be brilliant for handing out Staggered. I'd have to dump the Reporter to do so. Same with the Investigator. The trifecta that can't be gotten rid of is Grimwell/46/Greed if I want to keep max damage. The real problem with the list is that there's not enough room to put everything in. If I dump the Reporter, I can up my damage, but I lose a lot of scheme control. 

What do you think would be best?

1 hour ago, Morgan Vening said:

Kinda surprised to not see Alan or an Investigator, but then, it's probably better to go Alan and bring in Grimwell, so the OOK isn't wrecking you.

Though Alan and Nurses...

I prefer Rider instrad Alan. You pay 2ss more but he gives you staggered + injuried when shooting and with the bonus all asylum would make extra move with their Charge action.

20 minutes ago, John M said:

Oh, there's no doubt Alan would be brilliant for handing out Staggered. I'd have to dump the Reporter to do so. Same with the Investigator. The trifecta that can't be gotten rid of is Grimwell/46/Greed if I want to keep max damage. The real problem with the list is that there's not enough room to put everything in. If I dump the Reporter, I can up my damage, but I lose a lot of scheme control. 

What do you think would be best?

This seems to be the big Alan issue.

It's so obvious that Alan is an awesome model if everything goes right. But fitting all the elements into everything going right, means you're looking at removing enough parts to actually win the game.