World Series Raffle #1 Winners and Series Update

Raffle Time!

We’re really happy to see so many people playing ‘faux while FLGS games are shut down, so thank you to everyone who has participated so far. The participation has far exceeded our initial expectations, which is awesome. Thanks for bearing with us as we iron out the details of running this thing.

This is the first of three raffles that we’ll be doing for the world series and is based on participation in the first three events. We awarded a virtual raffle ticket to each player for participating in an event, for each game where a player scored 4+ VP, for finishing an event best in faction, and for finishing an event on the podium.

So, here’s our raffle winners this round:

$5 Wyrd store voucher: @Legislat

$5 Wyrd store voucher: @jdoogler

$10 Wyrd store voucher: @Plaag

$10 Wyrd store voucher: @Pergli

$15 Wyrd store voucher: @Domin

$20 Wyrd store voucher: Dylangoy on Discord

Congrats! I will reach out to the winners to provide your codes.

Thank you, Wyrd, for providing the raffle prize support! We're very happy to be able to add these raffles to the event.

While I’m here, some series upkeep and updates:

Looking ahead, the events in March, April, and July will be 4 rounds. May will be another 3-round event, which gives us the ability to run a 5-round event in June. The next several events will be “standard” without alternate rules, with May as a possible exception. The World Series Championship will be in August, an invitational made up of the top 16 players from vassal.malifaux-rankings.com.

A player’s best 3 events make up the score that determines their rank, and longer events are weighted slightly higher. So although there are some players who are consistently putting up wins, there's a lot of time for things to shake up over the next few months.

We have clarified what our process is going to be for missed games and games that end in concessions. We have been feeling like an 8-0 differential for conceded or unplayed games negatively affects everyone involved, so we are going to be using a 6-2 score for unplayed games and will encourage players to agree upon scores based on the board state if a player concedes a match. Check out our event FAQ for more details.

Finally, GG/errata season is around the corner and we want players to keep that in mind when they are setting up their games. Once any changes are live in the app, they are going to be live in the events; but we aren’t going to allow list or master changes once set in the app, even if something changes in a way that you think makes your crew unplayable. If you’re worried about potential changes to your models, a best practice will be to wait to lock in your crew until the day your game is scheduled.

• Like 3

If you're taking suggestions for possible extra rules for funky rules for the series, nifty things include:

• Double masters allowed (although I think you folks ruled this out already?)
  • No masters allowed (henchman leaders!)
    • I think this is quite an interesting format, but a lot of people love playing with masters so I'm not sure if this would be popular.
    • May also get quite a narrow meta (crossroads 7 would shine though xD).
  • Mini-faux: You only get to hire one model that costs 9 or more (beyond your leader).
    • Public enemies should definitely be in one of the pools if you do this one!
  • Scheme chaos - that one where you do the reveal of one scheme, and the end condition of another, and you start with a pool of 7
    • Don't recommend this one, though, as the app can't handle it.

Just some thoughts xD

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
3 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

If you're taking suggestions for possible extra rules for funky rules for the series, nifty things include:

Totally! We definitely want feedback and suggestions. We're trying to figure out a good balance between Standard/Alt formats, but we have had a really positive response to the alts.

• Like 1
Just now, Alcathous said:

Totally! We definitely want feedback and suggestions. We're trying to figure out a good balance between Standard/Alt formats, but we have had a really positive response to the alts.

Yeah, I think it important to have a reasonable number of 'standard' formats, especially so people have a reasonable shot of having 3 solid rankings. But definitely enjoying some alt formats to mix it up as well!

21 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yeah, I think it important to have a reasonable number of 'standard' formats, especially so people have a reasonable shot of having 3 solid rankings. But definitely enjoying some alt formats to mix it up as well!

Yeah, would like to see some of the formats from the gg document. Stuff like too many secrets or bans(which would pretty much take care of the issue with double masters)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
Just now, santaclaws01 said:

Yeah, would like to see some of the formats from the gg document. Stuff like too many secrets or bans(which would pretty much take care of the issue with double masters)

I like the idea of combining double masters + bans as it seems a really balanced approach, but also would worry that:

• We wouldn't get the 'true' double master experience, which would be a shame if it is the only month with double masters.
  • It will make tech picking super difficult, which is really going to hurt in some matchups (against English Ivan for example).
  • Agree 1
7 hours ago, dannydb said:

So double masters have been agreed not to be a thing in season 1 of world series. This might change season 2 

As far as masters are concerned would people prefer scenarios from latest gg or a mix of all ggs 

Fi prefer the latest GG if we have a new one soon, and a mix of GG1 and GG0 if we don't.

• Agree 2
8 hours ago, dannydb said:

So double masters have been agreed not to be a thing in season 1 of world series. This might change season 2 

Can I ask what the reasoning was? Was it just to keep the meta consistent?

8 hours ago, dannydb said:

As far as masters are concerned would people prefer scenarios from latest gg or a mix of all ggs 

Masters? Is that the August event? For that I'd say it should be most recent, but for everything else I agree with Sev (GG2 if it exists, or a mix of 1 and 0).

19 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Can I ask what the reasoning was? Was it just to keep the meta consistent?

Exactly. 

20 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Masters? Is that the August event? For that I'd say it should be most recent, but for everything else I agree with Sev (GG2 if it exists, or a mix of 1 and 0).

Yeah, he's referring to the World Series Championship in August.

• Thanks 1

Yes essentially the balance of some of the combinations of multiple masters was a concern as well as we were aware allowing multiple masters might put off certain metas (the UK meta have banned multiple masters from the start and I believe other metas might have also done similar) from taking part in events so we wanted to make sure we appealed to the most parties when starting off 

This may be reassessed for season 2

• Like 2