Ressers go MARCHing on - vassal series.

Maniacal_cackle

9 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

... I was so thorough at checking anti demise before declaring Reva, and then forgot that anti heal auras also kill grave golem.

Whoops xD

EDIT: and he can turn all my corpse candles into abominations!

EDIT2: and he ignores resistance triggers! Looks like I need to learn a new style of Reva by this weekend xD

Manos is the answer. Also, anti healing in always good vs Leve. He hates HtK and having stunned. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

Manos is the answer. Also, anti healing in always good vs Leve. He hates HtK and having stunned. 

Hard to kill? Doesn't he just ignore hard to kill? A chunk of his keyword ignores it on ranged attacks from memory. The stunned recommendation keeps coming up, but not sure how to work it in. Our faction isn't that good at handing it out unless you have summoned drowned (for the built in crows)?

Manos I'll definitely be grabbing. Anti-healing is a good point. I've been weighing up taking the Carrion Emissary, so maybe that's a good thing to be taking here anyway. Although it is dangerous territory to get that close for the aura xD

Final lists!

Me:

• Reva & candles
  • Dead Rider
  • Carrion Emissary
  • Manos
  • Bete Noire
  • Shieldbearer
  • 4 Stones

I tried like 4 different lists with Grave Golem + Restless Spirit, but I couldn't find something that was capable of scoring the points since I had to fit Manos into my list.

The Mindless Zombies can be turned into Abominations, but they're relatively easy to kill and each worth a token, so I think I'm okay with that.

His:

• Leveticus & Waifs
  • Scavenger
  • Hodgepodge Emissary
  • Prospector
  • Ashes and Dust
  • Marlena Webster
  • Rusty Alyce
  • 2 stones

His list has mostly expected things, but I wasn't sure if he would bring Ashes and Dust. Looks like I have to be extremely careful to protect Manos and his aura.

He also seems to have a slow-roll list (since he doesn't have that many stones until further into the game), which is exactly the sort of game I'm hoping to play. So that's positive at least. Although it is a shame I can't punish his low soulstone count in the early turns, as that'd be extremely vulnerable normally.

9 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Hard to kill? Doesn't he just ignore hard to kill? A chunk of his keyword ignores it on ranged attacks from memory. The stunned recommendation keeps coming up, but not sure how to work it in. Our faction isn't that good at handing it out unless you have summoned drowned (for the built in crows)?

Manos I'll definitely be grabbing. Anti-healing is a good point. I've been weighing up taking the Carrion Emissary, so maybe that's a good thing to be taking here anyway. Although it is dangerous territory to get that close for the aura xD

He ignores HtK with the shooting attack. If he's engaged, he's not using it. The other model that does it is Marlena, on a Stat 5 vs Wp with 2/3/4 damage track and :ToS-Range:.

A student of viscera could have easily be you pick to go here regarding Stunned, instead of Black Beast (Bête Noir).

• Like 1

Round 4 lists!

Me:

• Molly & Machine
  • Dead Rider
  • Anna Lovelace
  • Archie
  • Student of Viscera
  • Crooligan
  • 6 stones

More stones than I've ever taken into a Molly crew, but I think the pool and opponent demand it xD For the first time I'm taking Anna Lovelace against Ivan, and it just seems like it is going to be crazy good xD

Him:

• English Ivan /w Hidden agenda
  • Mordrake
  • Gibson
  • Corvis w/ hidden agenda
  • Eva Havenhand
  • Nocturne
  • Winston Finnigan
  • 8 stones

Rough. Got some neat tricks in there, has a really good Hidden Martyrs option...  No idea how he is doing his lodestone, though.

• Agree 1

Won 7-3. I messed up and gave a position where Ivan would be able to summon a Daeva off of Molly, but then I flipped 12/12/14 when he attacked me. So no summon. EDIT: realised he probably didn't notice a summon was possible, so went for the damage on Molly to score assassinate.

Then I think turn 3, Dead Rider charged to his Ivan in his deployment zone and reaped him into the middle of my crew, knocking Ivan down to 4 life. Then Ivan ran away and killed Dead Rider, then Molly waltzed up and hit him for 6 irreducible. Was super brutal.

I also managed to deny every scheme point (he got 3 strategy only). This pool was a really good example of when Molly is at the top of her game, and I should probably stop trying to force her into every pool and play her into the ones she is good at like this one xD

Student of Viscera scored 4 points by himself basically. Hidden martyrs was another couple of points from Archie just sacrificing himself turn 2 (possibly too early for the sacrifice?). So by the end of turn 3 I was down Archie and Dead Rider, but he was down Ivan and a Nocturne (but up a Brocken from summoning off Dead Rider). Crooligan and Molly ate every scheme marker that hit the board, and shenanigans meant he couldn't get Molly down to assassinate range.

One more question removing his stacks of distracted and making him slow just bogged the game down, and then I won off of superior efficiency of the crew once neither side could kill anything.

He only got one summon off all game (9 attacks/3 activations).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Passenty said:

Who is it possible that for 2 turns he couldnt draw A single 12? Wasted his hand or some bad luck? he has arc res and tools4job so cant imagine beeing beaten 12s. Your games against Ivan are strange. It seems Molly needs some nerfs as she is too good;p

He had a thirteen in hand, but I think he was waiting until he could cheat first or until the last chance, but I flipped the red joker. I think he was wanting to make sure he wasn't wasting the 13 (especially if I red joker-ed him). But yeah was probably a misplay because he could have gotten a Daeva at least. Not that a Daeva does much against Molly xD

Also turn 1 he used all his high cards to attack Anna and trying to defend against my Archie blitz. He was under pressure the entire game as I sacrificed my crew to kill Ivan.

My games against Ivan are a bit strange, but typically I devote all my resources to making life difficult for him to summon. Then since the rest of my crew can operate quite efficiently even without being fed severes, I tend to win the rest of the battles. In general if I can stall out the game, I know I'll win this matchup.

Helps that I was drawing a million cards of course xD. Arcane reservoir is a disadvantage against my crew in some ways.