Ressers go MARCHing on - vassal series.

Maniacal_cackle

I see. If you're on the right side of the map, I really like the combo of placing a symbol just behind that size 3 impassable rock at the bottom (it just fit). An an othe on the crate (exactly 8" from the one behind the stone). Those 2 symbols are incredibly hard to get. If you have a model on the crate, they need to deal with him before getting the symbol (or waste an action to destroy the crate). If they don't have flyer/incorporeal/leaper you can just body block the narrow path between the 2 stones... 

They're some other really interesting placement on this map, especially if you don't go with a straight line of symbols next to your deployment zone. 

GL

• Like 1

Just now, SEV said:

I see. If you're on the right side of the map, I really like the combo of placing a symbol just behind that size 3 impassable rock at the bottom (it just fit). An an othe on the crate (exactly 8" from the one behind the stone). Those 2 symbols are incredibly hard to get. If you have a model on the crate, they need to deal with him before getting the symbol (or waste an action to destroy the crate). If they don't have flyer/incorporeal/leaper you can just body block the narrow path between the 2 stones... 

They're some other really interesting placement on this map, especially if you don't go with a straight line of symbols next to your deployment zone. 

GL

Haha, I was planning on using precisely that formation - I stole it from watching your game!

6-6 tie.

I thought I had the game, but then he used one of the coffins I used to chokepoint to score Research Mission xD

On the bright side, he also thought he had the game, but I ninjaed out a research mission + breakthrough on the last turn.

The symbol split really worked well, and forced him to split his forces. But I foolishly threw away my Dead Rider to attack Archivist, not realising that Mikhail can move a LOT of distance. I think he moved like 20 inches that turn xD

I black-jokered damage on the archivist, putting it out of lethal range for my crooligan. But then I red-jokered his Damned, taking it out of action. So on balance, kind of worked.

Emissary also died to take down the Damned, since he had to put up his aura to prevent the life tokens keeping the Damned alive. So it was Archie + Emissary in exchange for Damned, Dead Rider dying in exchange for not accomplishing much other than slowing down the south side of the board (where they got both symbols no problem anyway).

Would have done a lot better if I hadn't underestimated the crew! But then it was only his second time, so I'm sure he had tons of room for improvement as well. Overall very good game.

For round 2, I'm wondering if I just bring my standard Recover Evidence crew:

• Molly & Machine
  • Manos & Rogue Necromancy
  • Archie & Crooligan
  • Dead Rider

It covers pretty much all the angles, has tons of redundancy, and some great synergies (Manos pulse stagger + rogue necromancy vomit, anyone?), and just seems to tick a lot of the boxes. That said, not sure how relevant the crooligan is here... It's liable to score a point and give up a point. Maybe I should snag a rabble riser? But that seems like hyper-blasphemy xD

I could also see an argument for grabbing Carrion Emissary if wanting its aura (and Research Mission).

Reva also seems super good for Research Mission potential, but really depends on faction matchup.

I think either Daw or Kiria will be really strong for R2.  I can't decide which I want, but seem really strong into Recover Evidence - biggest difference I see is Guilty for Daw forcing your opponent to make poor choices to score points.  Jakuma will always come into both I imagine 

• Agree 1

Damn, damn, damn.

Assuming they do pairings in the standard way, I'll be paired against Ten Thunders. Currently pairings are wonky and will get fixed. Yup, I'm against Thunders.

If I am against TT, not sure who to declare. Reva was my backup, but not super confident into TT either. Could see going Kirai, but I'm not great with her...

EDIT: Althoughhhh the pool isn't absolutely awful for a Molly pick into TT.

EDIT2: any idea what a TT player is likely to bring against Ressers in round 2? Pre-nerf it'd be Shenlong I assume. Not sure about now?

4 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

One warning about Jakuna is she is basically a free Recover Evidence marker for your opponent, but she makes a great Martyrs target.

I'm facing Arcs, so outside of Hoffman, they don't have a ton of + flips right?  figure she helps score up Stat and be annoying.  She doesn't feel super hard to kill 

4 minutes ago, Davos said:

I'm facing Arcs, so outside of Hoffman, they don't have a ton of + flips right?  figure she helps score up Stat and be annoying.  She doesn't feel super hard to kill 

The soulstone cache upgrade means they can all have positive flips :(

But other than the soulstone users, yeah, she should presents a challenge! And even that drains their hand, and they still have to pick up the marker!

1 minute ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

The soulstone cache upgrade means they can all have positive flips :(

But other than the soulstone users, yeah, she should presents a challenge! And even that drains their hand, and they still have to pick up the marker!

That's kinda my gut call.  Hazardous is nice.  And ya Cache is dumb.  Its why I'm leaving towards Kirai, for the big spike damage/irreducible

• Like 1

My list:

• Molly w/ Whisper + Necrotic Machine
  • Dead Rider
  • Rogue Necromancy
  • Manos, The Risen
  • Archie
  • Crooligan
  • 4 stones

I almost did a slow-roll strategy with Toshiro + Gravedigger, but I thought... When going into unfamiliar territory, it is better to play a crew I've had practice with than try to tech something bizarre.

His list:

• Jakob w/ Trained Ninja
  • Hungering Darkness w/ Silent Protector
  • Gwyneth
  • Kitty
  • Depleted
  • Depleted
  • Mr. Tannen w/ Trained Ninja
  • Beckoner
  • Beckoner

Rare to see 3 stone models hired! I can kind of see why, though. I can't score off them, they're annoying to kill, and they punish you when they die! Glad I have Manos to deny that demise.

Going to be very delicate dismantling his crew when he has 4+ models that can reposition my models. Scary indeed!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Graf said:

Can't say anything relevant about Jakob, but your list looks quite ready to wreck faces for a Molly crew! 

Haha, this makes me look forward to part 3 of the Molly Guide (list building). Most of my lists end up looking very elite, because Molly is a support master that supercharges her crew. So she works very well with elite builds.

8 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

My list:

• Molly w/ Whisper + Necrotic Machine
  • Dead Rider
  • Rogue Necromancy
  • Manos, The Risen
  • Archie
  • Crooligan
  • 4 stones

I almost did a slow-roll strategy with Toshiro + Gravedigger, but I thought... When going into unfamiliar territory, it is better to play a crew I've had practice with than try to tech something bizarre.

His list:

• Jakob w/ Trained Ninja
  • Hungering Darkness w/ Silent Protector
  • Gwyneth
  • Kitty
  • Depleted
  • Depleted
  • Mr. Tannen w/ Trained Ninja
  • Beckoner
  • Beckoner

Rare to see 3 stone models hired! I can kind of see why, though. I can't score off them, they're annoying to kill, and they punish you when they die! Glad I have Manos to deny that demise.

Going to be very delicate dismantling his crew when he has 4+ models that can reposition my models. Scary indeed!

Watch out for Beckoners' free action if you're thinking about hopping in to pick up an Evidence Marker. It can straight up steal games.

Trained Ninja on Tannen is kind of frustrating, as you really, really want to put him down as quickly as you can. Still, your Focus +2 Crooligan can carve him up in no time once you ditch most of your hand. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hydranixx said:

Watch out for Beckoners' free action if you're thinking about hopping in to pick up an Evidence Marker. It can straight up steal games.

Trained Ninja on Tannen is kind of frustrating, as you really, really want to put him down as quickly as you can. Still, your Focus +2 Crooligan can carve him up in no time once you ditch most of your hand. 

I don't understand the Trained Ninja on Tannen, how does it help? Almost all my stuff is melee anyway, so I just charge/murder him, right? The unimpeded is a bit annoying, but I'll deal I hope xD And I'm a bit sad that Manos and Necro can't shoot Tannen, but since they're aoe, there may be other targets.

Thanks for the tip about the Beckoner's Free Action. Someone else mentioned that as well! I can think of a few ways around it (top of my list being just killing the Beckoners), but it presents a very big challenge for sure!

17 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I don't understand the Trained Ninja on Tannen, how does it help? Almost all my stuff is melee anyway, so I just charge/murder him, right? The unimpeded is a bit annoying, but I'll deal I hope xD And I'm a bit sad that Manos and Necro can't shoot Tannen, but since they're aoe, there may be other targets.

Thanks for the tip about the Beckoner's Free Action. Someone else mentioned that as well! I can think of a few ways around it (top of my list being just killing the Beckoners), but it presents a very big challenge for sure!

Well, Molly can 2 shot Tannen too, with either of her spells in the right setup, so now she has to be within 6" instead of within 8"? I guess he feels that Tannen's such an integral model to his plans that if he's going to bother spending 6ss hiring him, he ways as well spend another 2ss to make him as hard to reach as possible. 

• Like 1

Another tie! I didn't quite expect how fast he could reposition and throw part of his bubble into me (and the only two models I didn't token, Lynch and Gwyneth), so a perma-stunned Dead Rider couldn't reap and I had to rely on leap shenanigans to even up the game (and two super lucky top-decks on turn 5 where I just had to believe in the cards).

Puts me out of the running for this month, so can fool around the next two games. Maybe I'll play something other than Molly xD

And the round three setup...284200617_Marchround3.thumb.png.a98c350af67b6b6b56c95e8081606bd7.png

That water is IMPASSABLE! So definitely going to have to be careful on this one.

Also, wait, those big blocks don't have any terrain traits? That can't be right. I'll ask about that. If that is all blocking terrain, Seamus looks good for secret passage + coffins to block paths.

Although a lot of concealing terrain to mess with him too.

RConfirmed with the TOs that most of that is blocking terrain. This is like Christmasland for Seamus. So possibly leaning towards him. The pool isn't as scheme-y as I'd like, so maybe I'll go Reva xD

I do like that with Reva, Bete Noire, Shieldbearers, and potentially Grave Golem are all awesome into this situation.

EDIT: Sample Reva list:

• Reva & Candles
  • Dead Rider
  • Grave Golem
  • Bete Noire
  • Shieldbearer
  • Shieldbearer (or 2 upgrades + 2 stones)
  • Restless Spirit

Other than Reva and Dead Rider (and Grave Golem if they have anti-demise), the list won't be giving up a lot of tokens.