Ressers go MARCHing on - vassal series.

Maniacal_cackle

Reva doesn't really work into Nexus either, maybe Kirai but still unlikely. At this point ressers really don't have anything competitive to take into Nexus but maybe Albus and even then its an uphill battle. Wyrd should take notice. Of course any time you discuss the negative play experience into Nexus, or explorers in general people want to just dismiss you as whiney. 

Its a problem, and will continue to be for all factions. 

1 hour ago, IronmanKC81 said:

Reva doesn't really work into Nexus either, maybe Kirai but still unlikely. At this point ressers really don't have anything competitive to take into Nexus but maybe Albus and even then its an uphill battle. Wyrd should take notice. Of course any time you discuss the negative play experience into Nexus, or explorers in general people want to just dismiss you as whiney. 

Its a problem, and will continue to be for all factions. 

I agree Nexus probably needs a nerf.

That said, I think Reva is pretty promising into Nexus (other than not being able to take Grave Golem). Tons of models that can be effective while dancing around the bubble, one of the best WP duels in the faction, etc.

I also think Molly will be pretty good. I initially thought the activation control would be bad because of Nexus' last activation, but that last activation is pretty limited. So Molly can still gain a fair bit of advantage with her activation control (and card advantage).

I think Nexus should be (gently) nerfed in the next errata and then strongly nerfed in the errata after that if necessary, but probably won't, so we have to learn to live with them 😭

• Like 1

What do people think of Toshiro on round one? Lots of choke points for Ashigaru and they can protect symbols.

I do find Toshiro a bit slow, though. Using a 10+ on turns 2 and 3 can be quite game-breaking. EDIT: Also spending 16 stones on Toshiro + Gravedigger rather than 18 stones on Kirai + Whisper is... Not as good xD

Maybe the double summon Yan Lo build?

21 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

And I'm actually against Jedza...

Eek, what to do? I assume Carrion Emissary is a must? EDIT: Wowza, Carrion Emissary coffins can block so many chokepoints on this map!! Maybe everyone should be considering the model.

Who have you declared? Molly? 

Anti healing is a good option so hanged/urami/sloth are all worth a look at

Do your best to break the jedza bubble, don't waste time trying to kill a model within 6 of jedza, try and block los/lure it out 

Be aware of where Mikhail is, his placement and caught in the ring is terrible, nothing worse than you swinging on something, it healing cos you missed and Mikhail jumping within two and you waste an action because your engaged by Mikhail but not engagining him 

And kill emmy/Mikhail when you can, they are going to cause you lots of pain. Either that or avoid them and go after the symbols, that's prob key, let them have claim jump and work around them

1 hour ago, dannydb said:

Who have you declared? Molly? 

Anti healing is a good option so hanged/urami/sloth are all worth a look at

Do your best to break the jedza bubble, don't waste time trying to kill a model within 6 of jedza, try and block los/lure it out 

Be aware of where Mikhail is, his placement and caught in the ring is terrible, nothing worse than you swinging on something, it healing cos you missed and Mikhail jumping within two and you waste an action because your engaged by Mikhail but not engagining him 

And kill emmy/Mikhail when you can, they are going to cause you lots of pain. Either that or avoid them and go after the symbols, that's prob key, let them have claim jump and work around them

Yeah, playing Molly.

I was already planning on spreading out and strategically striking, but Mikhail especially tells me that I don't want to get near him. Though him engaging Molly is the dream - she will melt through him like butter.

For anti-healing, I think Carrion Emissary is the best bet overall. Someone else mentioned Sloth and I don't think he is that strong an option (squishy with a 6 inch aura, and not a lot of mobility to deliver, and it takes two heals to turn on the aura). However, when I looked at him as a 7 stone support piece that hands out fast, suddenly he appeals.

Hanged it is a full action to negate healing, and since they're already slow, I don't like them. Goryo are super sweet, but will die to Austera and Twigge super fast. So I'm trying to take hard to wound on everything (except Emissary).

Thanks for the tips! I think for both Emmy and Mikhail, I'll have to be ready to nuke them with Molly's irreducible. Both have willpower 5, so that should be pretty easy. If the situation arises, I may just reap the emissary into the middle of nowhere and ignore it for the rest of the game. That's how I usually handle emissaries in other factions xD

The lists!

Mine:

• Molly w/ Whisper & Necrotic machine
  • Dead Rider
  • Carrion Emissary
  • Archie
  • Sloth
  • Crooligan
  • Crooligan

I may have overteched, but let's see how it goes!

His:

• Jedza & Sophie
  • Grave goo
  • Damned
  • Mikhail with hidden agenda
  • Archivist
  • Mr Ngaatoro

All that tailoring of my list to deal with Austera and he didn't even bring them!

Also didn't bring Vernon and Welles, which surprises me a bit. Will have to analyse this list a bit.

I couldn't figure out what his crew is up to. This pool means you can score points literally anywhere on the map, but he took a strong bubble crew with only Claim Jump as a payoff.

Then I realised he is probably just going to castle, and put all his symbols near the centre and make me fight really hard for them? That should pose a challenge, but if so I'm so glad I'm Molly. She is very well suited to countering that strategy (I hope).

2 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I couldn't figure out what his crew is up to. This pool means you can score points literally anywhere on the map, but he took a strong bubble crew with only Claim Jump as a payoff.

Then I realised he is probably just going to castle, and put all his symbols near the centre and make me fight really hard for them? That should pose a challenge, but if so I'm so glad I'm Molly. She is very well suited to countering that strategy (I hope). 

Sloth can heal Archie without downsides. He can also put sin tokens at 8" with the trigger and give fast to the Rider, so you can reap people out of the bubble (I know you love that ;P). 

I like your list, but I'm kind of missing a Rogue Necro. I understand the rason behind not bringing it, but that projectile vomit in a crew with Mv4 could have been great. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

Sloth can heal Archie without downsides. He can also put sin tokens at 8" with the trigger and give fast to the Rider, so you can reap people out of the bubble (I know you love that ;P). 

I like your list, but I'm kind of missing a Rogue Necro. I understand the rason behind not bringing it, but that projectile vomit in a crew with Mv4 could have been great. 

I considered a rogue necro, but only like it for centre brawls which I was hoping to avoid.

Pointing out all those move 4s fills me with regret, though xD

I know some people are getting ready for Round 2 already, so here's the scenario:

1945796774_MarchRound2.thumb.png.4345b681bc115558769154e829839237.png

Reva, Kirai, Von Schtook and Dead Rider are good for all that severe terrain. Hidden martyrs is always a lot more promising on Evidence. There doesn't seem to be much scope for 'just avoid the opponent' scoring except Research Mission, so I guess this will be an all-out-brawl scenario.

2 minutes ago, IronmanKC81 said:

I get to go up against Nexus again. Can’t wait to get stomped for the second time out of the last 3 events going into nexus. It’s the best play experience.

Let us know how the rest of you did. 

Nexus on round 1 or round 2? Round 2 sounds brutal 😧

But for Round 1, there's a lot of scope to set up your symbols all ~20 inches away from the centre and try to avoid a centre brawl. Still OP, though.

I probably shouldn't be giving away quite this much information in case my opponent is scouting, but here's my plan for symbols on round 1 (against bubble crew Jedza)

1180132253_Marchround1symbols.thumb.png.7ed7919cfabf8957c3d5f316da06e537.png

I guess you can only get ~15 inches away from the centre, but that's still pretty good. It also means one scheme runner can't grab all four symbols, and you need at least two models dedicated to scheming.

A bit tricky if he uses nests to pick up symbols, so you may have to kill the nests if he places them there.

21 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I probably shouldn't be giving away quite this much information in case my opponent is scouting, but here's my plan for symbols on round 1 (against bubble crew Jedza)

1180132253_Marchround1symbols.thumb.png.7ed7919cfabf8957c3d5f316da06e537.png

You already picked side?  Because you're defender, so you won't have the luxury to choose. I'm not sur this placement is as good if you're playing on the east/west axis. 

Just now, SEV said:

You already picked side?  Because you're defender, so you won't have the luxury to choose. I'm not sur this placement is as good if you're playing on the east/west axis. 

For east/west axis I've come up with variants of the above principle. I tested all four deployment zones, won't know which one I have until tomorrow :)