Ulix Nightmare crew

ooshawn

1 hour ago, ooshawn said:

So virtue signaling is A bad term to use? I'm not political in any sense and I literally have never voted or spent a hour watching the news. I'll try to remember that. I just use words as I think they best fit my meaning. That one seemed to fit the best for me, if it was a weird marketing thing. 

You should vote. If you don't, your country might end up being governed by insane, sexist orange psychopaths. And that might effect you.

Virtue-signaling is usually understood as claimimg to support a certain progressive agenda to garner favor without actually meaning it. Conservatives like to use it to undermine opinions e.g. when non-LGBT people support the community. 

• Agree 2

I used it to mean to convey something in a non-sincere or poorly delivered manner.  My case being the latter of the two. no way on voting here , politics here are so toxic. my facebook is nothing but people spouting vitriol about orange people lol. I just try to keep to myself and my nerdy hobbies

14 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Conservatives

Please mercy. Telling me what I like to do in a blanket statement that leaves no room for nuance is rude, yeah? I realize what this thread started with, but can we at least agree in a forum about a game we both like to play to leave the politics at the door? I escape here. We all do, I think.

• Thanks 1

to clarify my original intent of the post, it just seemed like some kind of caricature or overt, gross stereotype sort of thing and it kind of bothered me. I can't really talk about it anywhere else, so this seemed like the perfect discussion for people who share my passion. Obviously I probably didn't make myself very clear which is why some people in the discussion got heated, although it seems like that was more of a interpersonal thing between them. All in all It seems like we all are pretty interested in a authentic representation of expanded representation of multiple types of peoples. did that come out right? Because in my mind that was a hell of a tongue twister. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Maogrim said:

I do respect your expertise, but I feel like the logical conclusion to your arguments would be to not even try our hands at respectful representation whatsoever, and that's not really getting us anywhere either. 

This definitely should not be your personal conclusion. The conclusion should be that everybody trying to address any such topic should always ask him*herself to go on improving knowledge, empathy and personal responsibility without ever stopping. 
This should absolutely not keep you from taking the first step but motivate you to take many more. Creating a society where each and every person feels comfortable with is a task that will never be finished. 

Piece, Love, Happiness. And lots of Gaming!

• Like 2