Waldo's Weekly - Finally!

Kyle

For those who are wondering: there won't be miniatures in the Bayou Bash board game (but the Malifaux Bayou Starter Box models can be used for anyone who wants to bring the game to that level).

Bayou Bash is a fast-paced board game where most races take about an hour - just enough time to rebuild the track however you want and start again.

We decided to go with custom meeples for Bayou Bash so that players of all types can enjoy the experience of the rapid and chaotic gameplay without having to pay for the extra cost of miniatures.

We'll have more details soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Humpf i had hoped for a wacky game with some crazy rider/"horse" miniatures. But looking at this, it seems even conversions or existing kits (e.g. warwabbit) wont fit on the board.

I am disappointed. Pretty Cover art, but otherwise boring and generic asthetics with the board an meeple shown :(

19 minutes ago, Tors said:

Humpf i had hoped for a wacky game with some crazy rider/"horse" miniatures. But looking at this, it seems even conversions or existing kits (e.g. warwabbit) wont fit on the board.

I am disappointed. Pretty Cover art, but otherwise boring and generic asthetics with the board an meeple shown :(

yeah, i can see being disappointed by its visual style, especially with how... unfortunate the animals their riding look, maybe the boards a bit bright?

but i wouldn't say im necessarily disappointed , gameplay is the most important thing to me so until i see how that goes im holding out on opinions

but one question for kyle/"someone in the know", does it still use dice like its age old previews?

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Stonewall78 said:

The re-playability with different track layouts is a key selling point. Makes the game different every time you play. Lowering the price point and have the models as an upgrade was a good call.

Agreed, but I don't see how you can fit 40mm base models on this track...

10 hours ago, Rufess said:

Cannot found the pics now, but I believe I had seen some pics of extra racer models that were not shown in the cover art. There were a Silurid rider, a Whiskey Gamin rider, and a Gremlin with jetpack iirc. Are they still inside the game?

Going off the art and previewed models, those models are now likely to make up the Bayou Starter Set.  We'll obviously find out more when that officially gets previewed.

So we just need now the pandemic to go away so @Clousseau can run a Bayou Bash wild night the Friday before the UK Nationals... man, do I miss tournaments! 

I guess it's been confirmed elsewhere, but can we set up the track the way we want it or is it fixed to be always an oval? Two boards joined together, twice the fun!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Chou said:

So we just need now the pandemic to go away so @Clousseau can run a Bayou Bash wild night the Friday before the UK Nationals... man, do I miss tournaments! 

I guess it's been confirmed elsewhere, but can we set up the track the way we want it or is it fixed to be always an oval? Two boards joined together, twice the fun!

Yep, you can build the track however you want. The game will come with a bunch of track pieces (straight pieces and curves) that are double-sided with different obstacles on each side. The loop track in the image above is just an example of what you can build. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/19/2021 at 7:54 AM, Chou said:

Now that's a brilliant idea. Non Malifaux Friday games with Bayou Bash, Puppet Wars & EBO

• 1 month later...

If there's anything I've learned from watching sculpts from shows, is that Wyrd doesn't toss many sculpts once they've been built, even if the purpose changes.

Like for instance, you could see miss guided on some 2019 game show shots, same with tidecaller.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's either a second expansion planned or if those modes may come in as alts / misses / etc (I want that crock rider as an alt McTavish for instance, it seems to be on a 50).

• Like 3