Malifaux Vassal World Series 5: MARCHing Explorers

Hello there!

It's my pleasure to announce the next event for the Malifaux World Series: MARCHing Explorers (does not mean you all have to play new faction :P)

This event will be running from March 1st to the 28th 

Registration is open today and will be open until the February 27th 19:00 EST. 

This is a 4 rounds, 50ss, singles event, DMH Is banned, no other restrictions

Your place in this event will apply towards qualification to the World Championship invitational in the works for August 2021. I am EST based in Québec, but this event is open to anyone who wants to play.

World Series rankings will are hosted at https://vassal.malifaux-rankings.com/#/. Huge thanks to Malifaux-Rankings for hosting us!

We are working on consolidating our information, but for now, we have these links:
Series Event Calendar
Player Contact List
Game and Match Data - Expect to see more detailed master/score/scheme data here in the coming weeks.
Series Rules FAQ - We are trying to keep rules disputes contestant across the series. If something comes up in game, check here first.

Welcome aboard! 

_Player Pack TEMPLATE.pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello there! It's my pleasure to announce the next event for the Malifaux World Series: MARCHing Explorers (does not mean you all have to play new faction :P) This event will be running from

Hello everyone! Sorry, if I'm a bit late. Here are the 1st round pairings and mission. https://www.bag-o-tools.com/live/#/live/1664 The Contact list will be added soon.   1539992

The final standings for March World Series Event, thanks all for taking a part in it, and cya on the April tournament 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Higgybeans said:

Also, what counts as a world series event? Is that like New Years Retribution, and Love is a Battlefield?

Edit* I assumed they were when I signed up, and it appears that was right 😮

Yes there all part of same ongoing group of events (kicked off with fauxvember in November) 

• Like 1

Cool! Thank for this new event. 

I just look at the player pack and I'm surprised to see some map that we already played earlier in this series. Is it because you think those are the best (or most balanced) map on vassal? 

Personally, I would like to play on something new (especially as GG1 linger and we're all use to the strats and scheme now).

I'm still glad to play in this event and I'll be wearing purple in March.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SEV said:

I just look at the player pack and I'm surprised to see some map that we already played earlier in this series. Is it because you think those are the best (or most balanced) map on vassal? 

We don't have a "short list" or anything, but we try to avoid maps where we feel Attacker gets an exceptional advantage from picking deployment.

Generally, its the TOs choice on the maps and overlap is just happening by happenstance or because TOs have similar map preferences. You should see more variety as we see more 4+ round events over the next months. 

@Nathillien could we eventually play with a errata'd DMH for the tournament? I'd really like to play collodi. I'd say if you could just make him not strong as the dreamer i'd still love to play him. As long as he isn't the weakest master in the faction. Maybe just take dangling the strings to a stat 5 and the max damage to 3 and call it a day? 

2 hours ago, ooshawn said:

@Nathillien could we eventually play with a errata'd DMH for the tournament? I'd really like to play collodi. I'd say if you could just make him not strong as the dreamer i'd still love to play him. As long as he isn't the weakest master in the faction. Maybe just take dangling the strings to a stat 5 and the max damage to 3 and call it a day? 

The DMH stuff had been discussed, so we might bring it into an event in the future. However, I'll be honest it's not the highest alternate on our wishlist right now. Those masters are not balanced with the same process as non-DMH masters and it only opens up possibilities for 3 factions so it's not a particularly equitable format. We definitely aren't changing any models, DMH or no. 

2 minutes ago, Woody71 said:

I completely missed this.  Is it too late to get in?  Understandable if so. Thanks.

If I were you, I'd click on the link to try to register. I imagine if it is still up, then signups are valid.

That said, I think someone said "four hours til registrations close" yesterday, so maybe it is closed? Not sure.