Getting into dirty arcanists...

Regelridderen

So I’m doing a Cooper Circus... And I’ve also had my eyes on Ironsides and her M&SU - purely as paint projects.

Yet, if I were to join your dirty arcanist lot and actually play with the minis, what other keywords (preferably just one) would you recommend to round out my faction to be tournament-worthy?

-

And check out my paint log, if you wanna see how it goes with puppets and circus monkeys.

• Like 1

So ironsides is a tanky bubble crew, which means your missing out on mobility for which arcanist have several options 

Colette are our most mobile crew and are the best at putting down scheme markers all over the board but can struggle at killing in keyword 

Sandeep is fairly mobile and our most vercitile master but his keyword is spread over several boxs

Meifeng and Marcus are very mobile but both have weaknesss, Marcus's crew is fairly squishy and he can struggle to keep up with his crew, mei on other hand can be stopped from interacting with the scrap they need to work

59 minutes ago, dannydb said:

Colette are our most mobile crew and are the best at putting down scheme markers all over the board but can struggle at killing in keyword 

Cooper is the name of the alt circus themed Colette.

2 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

Yet, if I were to join your dirty arcanist lot and actually play with the minis, what other keywords (preferably just one) would you recommend to round out my faction to be tournament-worthy?

Sandeep is the other extremely good Arcanist master besides Colette/Cooper (and Hoffman, but is he really an Arcanist?). Kaeris is very fun and pretty strong herself, with some solid model overlap with Sandeep and Colette with the Fire Golem/Gamin (and Kandara OOK from Sandeep) and Carlos Vasquez. Kaeris is often run with almost all Versatiles at tournaments though, because most of her in keyword stuff is bad.

Given you have Guild models though, I would recommend Hoffman. If you can grab some Steam Arachnid Swarms then they'll round out Cooper, Ironsides and Arc Hoffman (and any future Arcanist crews you pick up.)

If you already have colette (sorry I missed that) then kaeris becomes an option. Kaeris is the arcanists generalist and while not the best in any strategy she can do them all save leylines fairly well and her keyword is a balanced mix of beaters in fire golem and elijah, scheming in Carlos and fire starter and healing in fire branded (do note generally fire starter is worse than wind gamin for same cost as schemers, fire golem can fall over to dispel magic/toss in mud and fire gamin are a bit meh) 

Kaeris is pretty solid even with a couple stinkers in her keyword. Elijah does WORK when you get him in position. Her henchmen are both adequate (one great, one okay). Firebranded are sometimes loved, sometimes not, depending on who you ask. I like them though. But Arcanist versatiles make up for the smaller keyword choices.

Hoffman is a good master, but personally I think if you have M&SU already there’s not many pools where the two aren’t just interchangeable. Once you have one, the other is slightly more redundant if you are going for a “get three crews to cover my bases” approach.

15 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

What boxes do you need to collect Sandeeps crew?

your going to want 

• his core box
  • Peer Review 
  • poisoned storm
  • Cold as Ice and/or Heavy Metal (metal/ice golems are fairly inter-changeable)
  • Burning Bridges
  • The Kaeris core box (i don;t think the m3e version is out yet)

And thats just his keyword, you might want the rider, Arcane fate (the effy/ emmy box) Crack in the foundation (the SS miner/saboteur box) for some match ups as well but 

• Thanks 1