Super stoked about starters, what do we know about release dates?

Maniacal_cackle

I'm based in a small community that is always trying to grow our numbers, and the starter boxes are really going to help! I'm even more excited for them than the boxes I'll be buying for myself.

Really good starter choices all around IMO (preassembled, simple crews, reusable versatiles, single faction so you don't have to find someone to split, come with everything you need to play ,etc).

My big question is what do we know about the releases for the rest of the starters? Once 3-4 have released, I hope to do another recruitment drive at the wargaming club. Don't really want to start now and get every new person into Explorers Society as the only option 😜

I imagine it'll take at least several months, possibly part of a year?

The Waldo's Weekly says news about Outcast and Bayou Starter Boxes will come 'soon'.

I personally am slightly salty that I'm ending up with two faction fate decks, because of course I've got the one that was released last autumn. And from the looks of it the new ones will be quite similar to those. At least I reckon this time there won't be Urami art work in the Ten Thunders deck. ;)

Anyways, I'm very much looking forward to new Thunders stuff! No idea what they could be though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

The Waldo's Weekly says news about Outcast and Bayou Starter Boxes will come 'soon'.

I personally am slightly salty that I'm ending up with two faction fate decks, because of course I've got the one that was released last autumn. And from the looks of it the new ones will be quite similar to those. At least I reckon this time there won't be Urami art work in the Ten Thunders deck. ;)

Anyways, I'm very much looking forward to new Thunders stuff! No idea what they could be though. 

Oh, is it the same deck?

3 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Oh, is it the same deck?

It's a different deck. The new one (in the starter box) has a black back with a white bordered face. The Explorer deck sold individually has a bright teal on the back with black bands around the image on the cards. They look very different in the pictures. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Trample said:

It's a different deck. The new one (in the starter box) has a black back with a white bordered face. The Explorer deck sold individually has a bright teal on the back with black bands around the image on the cards. They look very different in the pictures. 

I never said they were the same decks, just that they were quite similar. 

I focus on the artwork and the suits and those are the same. Cooper is 13 of Rams, Nexus is 13 of Masks, Ivan has Tomes and Anya has Crows. Just as with the previous deck. If you feel like the teal background with black bands on the sides versus a smaller teal square surrounded by a broad white square makes for a completely different fate deck experience I respect that. 

22 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

I never said they were the same decks, just that they were quite similar. 

I focus on the artwork and the suits and those are the same. Cooper is 13 of Rams, Nexus is 13 of Masks, Ivan has Tomes and Anya has Crows. Just as with the previous deck. If you feel like the teal background with black bands on the sides versus a smaller teal square surrounded by a broad white square makes for a completely different fate deck experience I respect that. 

Oh, and it is the same artwork I assume? Then yes, very similar!

21 minutes ago, extremor said:

Are there any informations on the included models? Does each faction get new models or maybe new playable characters????

At the moment we have heard stuff about 3 factions - Explorers which we know contains Tannebaum, Mr Nagotoro and 2 hopeful prospects. There are pictures of the Outcast one, but other than they have the syndicate keyword, I don't think we've been told what the models are (but if they have that keyword they will have to be new models/characters). The Bayou one is apparently the plastic figures for Bayou Bash, so I would guess it gets released at the same time as that, but I have no idea when that will be.  

I would expect the starter boxes are new toys for each faction*, and I think they're all going to be valid for henchman hardcore. So expect a henchman leader with some amount of enforcers/minions (or I suppose even more henchmen).

*there's no 3e box for asylum or halfblood so the guild/neverborn starter might be those models?

52 minutes ago, Wyrdbeard said:

There is a 3E box for Asylum.  It's called One Flew Over.    Hopefully Guild and Neverborn will get new models in their starters.

I'd be surprised if they didnt get new models.  As sweet says, the livestream mentioned it... but more than that, one flew over is out, and half bloods is set to be released in April.  With all the work to reduce SKU's I can't imagine Wyrd would release these models 2 different ways.  Specially as they'd have to resculpt them to be single piece models (doable, god knows there's more than a few raspys out in the wild, but would be surprising for models that aren't exactly the most popular).

2 hours ago, Adran said:

At the moment we have heard stuff about 3 factions - Explorers which we know contains Tannebaum, Mr Nagotoro and 2 hopeful prospects. There are pictures of the Outcast one, but other than they have the syndicate keyword, I don't think we've been told what the models are (but if they have that keyword they will have to be new models/characters).

We were told they would be based on the Catalans (second largest mercenary squad in Malifaux, just behind Freikorps) and they would include Catalan Snipers.

• Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

According to Wyrd's website

• June - Explorers
  • July - Outcasts
  • August - ?

Looking at one of the other online stores, I think the Bayou starter was originally supposed to be July, presumably Wyrd's going to try to get it as close as they can to when Bayou Bash comes out.

For the Explorer's box, the cards for those four models are already in the app.  Henchman, Enforcer, and two Minions.  I think the cards shown for the Bayou starter are consistent with that--while the jockeys might be equals/rivals in Bayou Bash, they won't be equal stations in M3E.

I think it's still several months out before you'd want to plan an event with the faction starters.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, solkan said:

According to Wyrd's website

• June - Explorers
  • July - Outcasts
  • August - ?

Looking at one of the other online stores, I think the Bayou starter was originally supposed to be July, presumably Wyrd's going to try to get it as close as they can to when Bayou Bash comes out.

For the Explorer's box, the cards for those four models are already in the app.  Henchman, Enforcer, and two Minions.  I think the cards shown for the Bayou starter are consistent with that--while the jockeys might be equals/rivals in Bayou Bash, they won't be equal stations in M3E.

I think it's still several months out before you'd want to plan an event with the faction starters.

Oh, I should have looked there, thanks!

Guess next year's league will be for the starter boxes, we will just manage with cores. Thanks!