Tips vs Tara

Rattrap

So, I have the Brewmaster core box.

One of my regular opponents has Tara (whole keyword) and some versatiles.

What is Brewy's approach to Tara? Keeping in mind we are happy proxying models into our games, what are the top picks in this match up?

How do we go about trashing Tara?

Her big key is summoning off of you're models with the Fast condition. Typically she'll add Fast to models that have already activated so they can choose when she'll target them before they get to go next turn. If a model that has not activated yet gets Fast, most times you'll want to activate it immediately so they can't use fast against you... but sometimes they are trying to force you to activate that model earlier than you wanted/needed to for some other reason.

Tanuki & Wesley have Sober Up to remove a condition, & Fingers can "One More Question" & Boring Topic your own stuff to cancel Fast.

The advantage you have is there is little condition removal in Outcast... Aionus, Scion, & Johan(a), offensively & defensively.

The crew lives by its triggers; if you can get Stunned out there it will help.

On 2/9/2021 at 4:44 PM, Rattrap said:

So, I have the Brewmaster core box.

One of my regular opponents has Tara (whole keyword) and some versatiles.

What is Brewy's approach to Tara? Keeping in mind we are happy proxying models into our games, what are the top picks in this match up?

How do we go about trashing Tara?

Outcasts have very few options for condition removal, so that's good for you. Obliteration (Tara's keyword) has to hit a lot of moderate TNs in order to work properly, so try to put some pressure on your opponent's hand and he'll start to struggle to do everything he wants.

Don't send people running around further away than 10" from your main group, or Tara will start messing with your positioning. Kill Aionus as soon as you can and the crew will start to lose a lot of efficiency.

In general, Obliteration has low damage tracks (with the exception of Nothing Beast), so with all your healing, you should be fine no matter what you bring to the table. Fermented River Monks, even with their low Wp could be a great add since you can use Chi to pass the Glimpse of the Void simple duel, avoiding to become buried.

Best of luck and most importantly, have fun! It's going to be a nice matchup ;)