Nexus: An NPE like no other

Kharnage

58 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Oh, I didn't know Fuhatsu could use chi. That makes a big difference, how does he do that?

28 minutes ago, katadder said:

He can't, so someone's playing wrong as he's not a Monk.

I don't think he's as good as people assume, make use of cover and keep him low damage 

They're talking about the Charm Warders, not Fuhatsu.

Fuahtsu is nuts. 1st you can't stay all day in cover if you're planning to score anything. 2nd he loves when you're in cover, so he can easily fish for the RJ.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

Fuahtsu is nuts. 1st you can't stay all day in cover if you're planning to score anything. 2nd he loves when you're in cover, so he can easily fish for the RJ.

Well, the problem with Plaag-style Cadmus is that every important piece of the crew (except maybe Archivist) CAN stay in a safe spot the entire game. Summons are the scheme runners (with Archivist as a backup), and the rest of the crew bulldozes the middle. In round 2, I'm not sure there is any incentive at all to leave a safe spot. Just bulldoze the centre.

Though not an expert on Fuhatsu so can't judge it myself, it just seems like an odd pick into Cadmus.

In some ways, I think some of Cadmus' power is an illusion, because the 'best' models in the game don't work well against the crew and some out of the box thinking is required.

Of course, in other ways, Cadmus just seems broken even accounting for that xD

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

In some ways, I think some of Cadmus' power is an illusion, because the 'best' models in the game don't work well against the crew and some out of the box thinking is required.

I think that for it to be an effective illusion someone would need to show the "non-best" models working well against Cadmus and so far that hasn't really happened.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Well, the problem with Plaag-style Cadmus is that every important piece of the crew (except maybe Archivist) CAN stay in a safe spot the entire game. Summons are the scheme runners (with Archivist as a backup), and the rest of the crew bulldozes the middle. In round 2, I'm not sure there is any incentive at all to leave a safe spot. Just bulldoze the centre.

Though not an expert on Fuhatsu so can't judge it myself, it just seems like an odd pick into Cadmus.

just play against it. my combo wombo not work. cause of ton of free cards free models free stones.

11 hours ago, Plaag said:

warders have any suit they want

Only if they're within 3" of shenlong or an aspiring student, which is very easy for the opponent to manage.

and husk replaces with 6 health,

They should always be coming in at 7 with we are legion

sometimes u will have moderate or rj with negatives, so this is a good plan

Sometimes. Relying on getting moderate or more damage on a at least a single neg flip is not a good plan.

10 hours ago, Assdex said:

And still think Better shoot cadmus

What do you mean? Having a stat advantage?

10 hours ago, Assdex said:

not figth

?

My main point was that possibly people see Cadmus as power level 14/10 when the true power level might be 12/10 (to give arbitrary numbers). Super broken, but probably people also overestimate how broken the crew is.

To some degree you have to learn to beat a crew, but with Cadmus even if you learn and adapt it doesn't seem very beatable.

I do wonder about Molly & Kirai though, so will test that given a chance.

1 minute ago, santaclaws01 said:

What do you mean? Having a stat advantage?

?

I assume he means ranged attacks are better than using melee in the bubble?

2 minutes ago, admiralvorkraft said:

The two problems I can't theoryfaux around are the totems and omnipresent influence. The rest of it seems manageable. Good of course, but manageable. 

I find people can theoryfaux against any single element, even the totems and omnipresent.

The problem is the whole package covers its own weaknesses so well, that it seems no one crew can hit Cadmus in every way that they need to.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Adran said:

I think the view is if you are shooting you are hopefully too far away to be given parasite tokens, or at least be we are legioned to death from your own attacks. 

The problem with just shooting into the bubble to take it out is that not enough pools actually allow you to score points doing that, especially with how easily Cadmus can deny let them bleed.

2 hours ago, admiralvorkraft said:

The two problems I can't theoryfaux around are the totems and omnipresent influence. The rest of it seems manageable. Good of course, but manageable. 

The best answer to nests is to give them staggered, toss them away, or bury them with something like glimpse the void. Don't try and kill them, just make it so they can't really do anything. Unfortunately that's only something some crews can do.

• Agree 1

Right. The nests and OI make it virtually impossible to play a skirmish or control game - which is how you respond to a slow rolling beatdown crew. 

Like, my approach would be a Lucius crew with Jury teched in. Try and spam Ancient Words to get that Glimpse trigger but I'm not going to bury both of them efficiently, someone will get stuck with a parasite token and then I may as well just run them off to die...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Assdex said:

Cause he got minigun. 4/6/8 shoot . 4 shots . It can kill stuff no matter with htw. 

Yes he foto parassite bit most of time he in backline and shoot.

Charms Easy drain hand. 

If i get enough luck i can win . But too many free resources in cadmus

How do you get four shots with Fuhatsu?

17 minutes ago, Plaag said:

fast+2 common actions+rapid fire

How do you give him fast in TT?

Edit: I can see one way: give a monk fast with Sensei Yu and then spend an action from Shenlong to transfer it. Seems inefficient, but maybe worth it. Decent combo to get around Sensei Yu's restriction though.

8 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

My main point was that possibly people see Cadmus as power level 14/10 when the true power level might be 12/10 (to give arbitrary numbers). Super broken, but probably people also overestimate how broken the crew is.

Of course if the "normal 10/10" choices don't work against Cadmus and you need to resort to 8/10 choices then they effectively could be a 14/10 crew (to continue with the arbitrary numbers).

1 hour ago, Jinn said:

How do you give him fast in TT?

Edit: I can see one way: give a monk fast with Sensei Yu and then spend an action from Shenlong to transfer it. Seems inefficient, but maybe worth it. Decent combo to get around Sensei Yu's restriction though.

Yep. Plus sensei beat fuhatsu for card. 

Sensei+fuhatsu is great combo.

5 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Of course if the "normal 10/10" choices don't work against Cadmus and you need to resort to 8/10 choices then they effectively could be a 14/10 crew (to continue with the arbitrary numbers).

That depends. There seems to be an issue with some folks in the competitive mindset falling into this weird trap of not recognising the effectiveness of match-up specific choices. Like they identify certain models as "the best" and then become incapable of realising that several compounding factors in scheme pool/opposing Master selection make that generally optimal model less effective than a more niche choice. If those 8/10 models are more valuable into Cadmus, that could just as easily be because they rise to 10/10 value in the match-up.

To be honest, I'm one of those people. I have a tendency to write lists with a fairly limited regard for what I'm facing or what schemes might be in the pool, and play those lists because to me they feel "optimal" in the abstract. It's something I'm actively working to address in myself, and it hasn't been helped by GG1's emphasis on attrition and brawls.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Azahul said:

That depends. There seems to be an issue with some folks in the competitive mindset falling into this weird trap of not recognising the effectiveness of match-up specific choices. Like they identify certain models as "the best" and then become incapable of realising that several compounding factors in scheme pool/opposing Master selection make that generally optimal model less effective than a more niche choice. If those 8/10 models are more valuable into Cadmus, that could just as easily be because they rise to 10/10 value in the match-up.

To be honest, I'm one of those people. I have a tendency to write lists with a fairly limited regard for what I'm facing or what schemes might be in the pool, and play those lists because to me they feel "optimal" in the abstract. It's something I'm actively working to address in myself, and it hasn't been helped by GG1's emphasis on attrition and brawls.

It depends on crew as well.

My Molly crew can adapt to any situation. For the style I prefer to play Reva, there are about 40 stones of fixed models. So in pools where I think I have to be flexibile, I've started to steer clear of Reva xD

10 hours ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Right. The nests and OI make it virtually impossible to play a skirmish or control game - which is how you respond to a slow rolling beatdown crew. 

Like, my approach would be a Lucius crew with Jury teched in. Try and spam Ancient Words to get that Glimpse trigger but I'm not going to bury both of them efficiently, someone will get stuck with a parasite token and then I may as well just run them off to die...

I recently had a game with Tara vs Nexus, and using Glimpse on the Nests was a great way to yeet them back into the backfield.

In that game, the Tara player also took schemes that allowed them to score points without having to engage/ interact with the Cadmus blob much at all, and summoned a ton of void wretches (that got unburied next to E&E who are great targets for being made fast with Stutter Time) which gave the Nexus player some meat to chew through in order to score their schemes.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Plaag said:

maybe u will read previous posts-warders can use chi and have any suit and fuhatsu is one of the best henchmans in the game, cannt find reason not to take him in every crew 

Maybe you read what I was replying to and see that my reply was to somebody saying they didn't think fuhatsu could use chi.

Also fuhatsu is definitely not one of the best henchmen in the game, he's good but so easy to get around. Weak 2 is not great. But each to their own.

12 minutes ago, katadder said:

Maybe you read what I was replying to and see that my reply was to somebody saying they didn't think fuhatsu could use chi.

<Mod Hat>

You were replying to a question by someone that didn't play the game that had got confused during the conversation. You then seemed to assume that the players got the rules wrong in the game, where as if you carefully follow the conversation up to them you can see the Chi discussion is all related to the charm warden from the players in the game, although the quotes method of this forum did help obscure it. 

Your answer was right, the assumption that you added was not helpful, or supported by the conversation leading to that point. 

Can I ask people to give a little thought to what they post, especially if they are making insinuations about other people that they don't know. The forums have gotten less considerate to other users recently, and its a trend I would like reversed.

If you write something and it can be taken 2 ways and one is offensive, re-word it before you hit submit. Likewise if you think some one is insulting you, take a breath (and maybe even step away from the screen to calm down if needed) and see if there is another way of reading what they said. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, katadder said:

Also fuhatsu is definitely not one of the best henchmen in the game, he's good but so easy to get around. Weak 2 is not great. But each to their own.

yes-weak 2 is not great, but maybe u didnt try to declare crit?