Vinny's big Malifaux project log

vinnyt16

Since I’m on call this weekend and therefore functionally living at the hospital, I won’t be able to get much painting done :( 

But I’m off to a pretty good start on Yan Lo’s crew! This is a fairly potato pic but I try not to get out the good camera until the whole keyword is finished! 

Currently working on Genbu the Armor (because big turtles >> reanimated boring armor*) and then it’ll be time for Yin and Manos! 

*plus I feel like Izamu is gonna be an excellent competition piece if Wyrd decides to run another one in the near future. He’ll get a special base and everything! 

4EC3923F-B385-497A-93EC-8886C24E8BFF.jpeg

• Like 8

Hey folks, time for another fun semi-weekly update! Unfortunately this time I don't have any fancy pictures of crews/models since all I painted this week was the Oni keyword and honestly I didn't feel like they really deserved the fancy picture treatment yet. Maybe I'll change my mind later. 

But! Here are some pictures of my home Malifaux set-up on a repurposed pool table. It's just enough room for a board, some terrain, and almost all my crews! 

Next up... Zoraida Core box and Jesse Halliday/friends. I also made the plunge and preordered all the English Ivan models. 

Yan Lo vs McCabe - Imgur (1).jpg

Yan Lo vs McCabe - Imgur.jpg

• Like 6

It's been a busy busy month which hasn't left me a whole lot of time to paint, but since today is my day off, I figured I'd paint up a few Malifaux models before my weekly game against my father haha. This'll be our first time with 50ss completely painted crews and I'll be sure to get some pictures to post here! Hopefully soon we'll all be able to get some IRL games going.

Goal for the remainder of the month: finish all my 10 Thunders models before DUA/Umbra comes out! 

IMG_2397.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alrighty folks! I’m back at home and just finished the Dark Reflections box. This completes the DUA/Umbra keyword and my second explorer society master. I already painted Corvis and the gals but forgot to snap some pics so will need to do that soon, but until then, here are some spooky shadow monsters! 

862D4276-4035-40B5-9C22-4074F51AD66E.jpeg

• Like 4