Suggestion: decide attacker/defender when assigning series pairings.

Maniacal_cackle

With the app's attacker/defender assignment broken in the app, it is a bit tricky to get attacker/defender assignments (since you have to coordinate a time to hop into Vassal to do the flip). This in turn makes crew selection a bit tricky.

If possible, it'd be great if Bag o' Tools did the assignment for us. I don't know if the functionality is there, but thought I'd mention it. It'd be super easy in an excel sheet, of course, but then that doesn't track all the other stuff.

If it's not doable, oh well!

• Agree 5

5 minutes ago, Alcathous said:

It's something that has been discussed, but we haven't implemented yet. I think the biggest hurdle is making sure everyone gets the memo.

Anyone else into this idea?

If implemented, I reckon it should definitely be done at the start of a month (i.e. March), and not started halfway through a month. Adding a bullet point (or even a bolded bullet point) to the next announcement could help with that side?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SnaRf.za said:

Could you please elaborate ?

I've been using the app exclusively when playing Vassal and it's been working perfectly?

The only time that I have noticed a problem is when using http://malifauxcrewbuilder.com

Odd. Almost every round so far I've not matched attacker/defender with the opponent.

5 minutes ago, Higgybeans said:

A simple solution would be in the pairings, the player on the left is the attacker, the right is the defender? That's commonly used in other wargame tournaments I've been in!

Yeah thats basically what is done at tourneys, although think maybe one on left is defender as usually higher so defending their position. 

Ita certainly one way of doing it either way 

• Like 3