Corrupted Hounds

Kotep

I think they're generally considered bad, but...

When they are good, you generally are trying to hit your opponent's ability to hit everywhere.

So for example if you have two hounds running down the board and making scheme markers for Spread Them Out, it is potentially really awkward for say a Jack Daw player to send powerful models over just to kill your hounds. You can also run them as a pair alongside a young nephilim who bodyguards them while they do the interacting.

That said, I think most 'competitive' crews bring with them a way to hunt down and kill scheme runners whenever needed. So this doesn't work against a lot of crews, which are also the most competitive crews I think.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 9:06 PM, Kotep said:

Does anyone use these models? They look really cool, I just do see a great use for them . 

Anyone use them that can convince me they're worth taking?

I have rarely used them, however there is one situation where I've brought them successfully multiple times.  They are exceptionally good for cost vs armored crews (just armored, not armored + htw + etc or armored + guns), because you can toss them in as cheap black blood bombs to plink away at models.  I'm not saying bring 4, but I've brought multiple to play when I expected armor based models.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nagi21 said:

I have rarely used them, however there is one situation where I've brought them successfully multiple times.  They are exceptionally good for cost vs armored crews (just armored, not armored + htw + etc or armored + guns), because you can toss them in as cheap black blood bombs to plink away at models.  I'm not saying bring 4, but I've brought multiple to play when I expected armor based models.

Really great, creative use of them!

3 minutes ago, ooshawn said:

Even if it's per model, not like removing them all. Like the hounds don't count as a model or whatever

That would still be so good. Because you would get automatic activation control from a pack of hounds...

The idea to give them stealth is good though. I think they should also be insignificant.

Is three stones worth one pass token? Are 12ss worth 4?

I feel like they should be insignificant, but they need something else if they are. Perhaps a one stone drop, but as I said in the hounds thread, it would be great if they could drag scheme markers around, and pack mentality got a boost (via a bonus action or similar).

8 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

That'd be so broken xD

In this edition, that's like master level power, or at least expensive model (Aionus at 10 stones, Molly, Mah Tuckett, Coryphe Duet, etc).

What about combining it with a faux Companion/Accomplice.

Pack Tactics: After this model ends its Activation, a friendly model with the same name within 6" that has not Activated this Turn may do so, and the opponent must discard a Pass Token.

Doesn't screw with activation control in the same manner (and doesn't do crap if your opponent has more models), but does allow them to move and act in a manner that doesn't screw you with activation control either.

Heck, I'd consider removing the "no more than two activations in a row" restriction, as if someone wants to put four of these on a table, who am I to argue, but that might be problematic in a way I'm not seeing.

• Like 1