Judge proxy

Bass Creed

56 minutes ago, Antipodean said:

I still use the old judge model, also disappointed I can't select his image in the app. He is identical to the new female Judge in the game.

The extra size can't be too much, as they have all the alt images for the other models?

Honestly I think you would be doubling images in the app is you were to put all the options ever made for each model. I have a lot of metal sculpts so its not just the M2 plastic you'd have to add. And I wouldn't be surprised if a high percentage of the app is image already. 

For what it's worth, Wyrd's providing the app with the cards as complete images (one image per side of the card).  The upside of that approach is that the cards in the app appear exactly as Wyrd wants them to look, instead of trying to have the app trying to replicate the card layout dynamically from a graphic plus text.

The downside of that is that the size of the card images are constrained by 'Is the text starting to look pixelated yet?; and the burden of producing a card for a model (alternate sculpt or not) falls entirely on Wyrd's side of the bargain.

Just sayin'.

Yep those are both fair points - always has to be a trade off. Dynamically generating the images would save space but be immensely more costly to develop test and remain stable. Then if you did go to M2E plastic images -  as you say there would be pressure to go to M1E metal and so on. 
Overall very happy with the app.

2 hours ago, Antipodean said:

I still use the old judge model, also disappointed I can't select his image in the app. He is identical to the new female Judge in the game.

The extra size can't be too much, as they have all the alt images for the other models?

From what I remember last time I was looking the only alts that were there were the ones 'currently being sold by wyrd', which means m3e boxes, nightmares, misses and other limited edition models (as you can pick up special editions at various sales like easter).  So yes, you can still use the card for 3 different raspy sculpts... But there aren't cards for 4 others (exaggeration, but only a little).

The only spot where things get a bit dicier is the old metal limiteds like viks 3+4 or pandora 2.  Yes they're limited edition models but I haven't seen them outside of overpriced ebay (not saying I didn't pick em up when I saw em), nice nod from wyrd for the longer term fan, but does blur the 'special alt or old model' line a bit as some are close to other sculpts.