A new beginning ... returning after 8 years (Guild / Arcanists)

Jens

Pretty much all have some chipped paint or smaller parts did brake off.. so it's mainly patching up these areas. And if I can, I try to add a bit more contrast on all NMM / add some edge highlights and such.

Today a witchling stalker was added / restored. And on top of that my new minis arrived.. the newer plastic versions look pretty cool, but some equally challenging to paint.

g1.thumb.jpg.c69d879956dbbba5ad7c3e9070a2e64b.jpg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Jens said:

Pretty much all have some chipped paint or smaller parts did brake off.. so it's mainly patching up these areas. And if I can, I try to add a bit more contrast on all NMM / add some edge highlights and such.

Today a witchling stalker was added / restored. And on top of that my new minis arrived.. the newer plastic versions look pretty cool, but some equally challenging to paint.

g1.thumb.jpg.c69d879956dbbba5ad7c3e9070a2e64b.jpg

Nice oldschool models, also like you colors.

Santiago Ortega was in rather good shape..

s.thumb.jpg.7f24bb50eced55a06acdd772505d00c4.jpg

.. that left me some time to start on a second witchling stalker and my first plastic mini from Wyrd.

wsw1.thumb.jpg.8a7d8783f2497c79e73e42d5f0f09159.jpg

Rather challenging because many details have very low profiles... I'd wish they'd exaggerates them a bit more.

• Like 6

Three more ready .. the new versions of these models look so much better. I guess I'll replace eventually ;), but for now they'll do just fine: The Judge, Nino and Francisco Ortaga:

team1.thumb.jpg.1f4858c657f71498b6b6d4c58f5283ec.jpg

Today I started assembling the Collette du Bois crew. Dear me... very very fine details.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Jens said:

Three more ready .. the new versions of these models look so much better. I guess I'll replace eventually ;), but for now they'll do just fine: The Judge, Nino and Francisco Ortaga:

team1.thumb.jpg.1f4858c657f71498b6b6d4c58f5283ec.jpg

Today I started assembling the Collette du Bois crew. Dear me... very very fine details.

Just have seen that you are from berlin too. Maybe we can play some time when all tese corona rules are gone :)

@lusciousmccabe The Witchling isn't done.. I just wanted to give the new plastic minis a try and find colors that fit my old crew. The other two old metal versions of the Witchlings were only very roughly painted and I wondered if I should finish them some time or simply replace them with the new ones.
Some of the old orginal sculpts had a lot of character and and I prefer them still - Gael Goumon made some great sculpts.

@Sphynxy TV Sure - that sounds like fun! Great to know there are more from Berlin here :)

• Like 1

Today the Peacekeeper and granny Abuela Ortega join the crew

group3.thumb.jpg.a865359632b32b814a4c11ef4ad0d65a.jpg

The peacekeeper kept me busy all day... he was never fully painted and he was in several pieces with a lot of chipped paint - but at last he is finished now 🥳 even I don't like the old model in particular.

• Like 8

The Witchling stalker is finished now and Papa Loco got his repairs.

group4.thumb.jpg.657d04b0930db9e14a869087ab29dc20.jpg

Unfortunately holidays are over and I won't have so much time to paint minis in the upcoming weeks.. anyhow Perdita is next and the last Mini of my old crew. After that I'll start with Colette :)

• Like 8