Little Tricks (Outcast Edition)

whitters

Maybe, but I like to play Mad Dog (almost a must with Parker), Sue (my favourite character), at least one Bandit and at least one Convict Gunslinger or a Wokou Rider. 

If I add to the mix one valuable prospector, there is only 13ss left, and the Emissary feels too much. 

I could quit the Prospector, but I dislike the idea of plating with no Bandit, and regards my attempts to prove the crapiness of the CG, he use to perform more than correctly. 

5 hours ago, Zebo said:

Maybe, but I like to play Mad Dog (almost a must with Parker), Sue (my favourite character), at least one Bandit and at least one Convict Gunslinger or a Wokou Rider. 

If I add to the mix one valuable prospector, there is only 13ss left, and the Emissary feels too much. 

I could quit the Prospector, but I dislike the idea of plating with no Bandit, and regards my attempts to prove the crapiness of the CG, he use to perform more than correctly. 

A 3 stone cache with a Prospector and Parker is plenty honestly. I wouldn't be too concerned with it. Would be nice if you could fit Wanted Criminal in there too, and even a 1 stone cache isn't necessarily unreasonable with that amount of Soulstone generation. 

On 1/13/2021 at 6:57 PM, Jordon said:

If you use the emissary to put the companion upgrade on the Nothing Beast, you can do a version of Tara's old beast bomb trick by unburying it via Aionus or Karina and immediately activating the Nothing Beast 

Same idea with Companion upgrade on Mad Dog Brackett in a Von Schill Crew: VS yolo throws Mad Dog 5 inches and chain activates him to get Mad Dog shooting Min3 armor ignoring right away.  Even stronger if you can use emissary to push Made Dog and drop a scheme marker for fast

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Another fun one is a Guilty with "wanted criminal" attached upgrade.

You can shoot it with a Dead Outlaw (after charging forward using "run and gun" of course) to draw a card for the torment ability, trigger "drop it"  for an enemy scheme marker, draw another card for "wanted criminal "while still having the scheme marker to trigger "covetous carvings", "life of crime" or to use for "appraise". Plus points if you include a bayou smuggler for card draw from "carry the loot" when removing an enemy scheme marker.

A bit resource intensive for competitive play but fun.

• Like 3

On 2/10/2021 at 9:29 AM, whitters said:

Another fun one is a Guilty with "wanted criminal" attached upgrade.

You can shoot it with a Dead Outlaw (after charging forward using "run and gun" of course) to draw a card for the torment ability, trigger "drop it"  for an enemy scheme marker, draw another card for "wanted criminal "while still having the scheme marker to trigger "covetous carvings", "life of crime" or to use for "appraise". Plus points if you include a bayou smuggler for card draw from "carry the loot" when removing an enemy scheme marker.

A bit resource intensive for competitive play but fun.

Follow up question: Are Dead Outlaws actually good?  Cause if so this isn't actually a bad idea to run with.

Their gun has great triggers that can really cripple important models from a pretty long distance and unlike most cheap things they can take a hit because they have HtW.

At least one is good in parker to give Sue or an OoK beater fast, although I think a Scavenger is better as a support model, even for 7ss.

On 2/17/2021 at 11:22 PM, Nagi21 said:

Follow up question: Are Dead Outlaws actually good?  Cause if so this isn't actually a bad idea to run with.

They are absolutely elite in Henchman Hardcore. I haven't got them on the table in a regular game but I think that might be a failing on my part. A 50/50 chance at slow or staggered on a hit is brutal. Against melee models you can just kite them all day, and still probably drop a scheme marker or 2 if you want.

11 minutes ago, Cuilion said:

Hannah can copy the leap from another models Rocket Boots and use it without the upgrade being discarded. When I want Hannah to be able to leap, I give the upgrade to someone near her. 

The other way I like to do it is hire Midnight Stalker into the Von Schill crew, keeping him out of LOS of VS to gain Freikrops keyword.  Then copy Stalker's leap with Hannah.  Its a little more obtuse  and marginly less card intensive (only needs a 3 instead of the 7)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davos said:

The other way I like to do it is hire Midnight Stalker into the Von Schill crew, keeping him out of LOS of VS to gain Freikrops keyword.  Then copy Stalker's leap with Hannah.  Its a little more obtuse  and marginly less card intensive (only needs a 3 instead of the 7)

I wouldn't call that marginal at all!

Needing a 7 vs a 3 is often enough to make me not take a model in most of my crews. Seems massive.

22 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I wouldn't call that marginal at all!

Needing a 7 vs a 3 is often enough to make me not take a model in most of my crews. Seems massive.

But it's a 7+ of anything vs a 3+:mask.

I'd take built in vs suit required.

Also, can't you just put the Rocket Boots on her and copy them, then they'd never go away and she'd always have them.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 3:19 PM, Jesy Blue said:

Also, can't you just put the Rocket Boots on her and copy them, then they'd never go away and she'd always have them.

I don't think that works. It says: "After this model resolves an action listed on this upgrade". I don't think copying it "unlists" the ability from the card 

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I don't think that works. It says: "After this model resolves an action listed on this upgrade". I don't think copying it "unlists" the ability from the card 

Hannah isn't "this model" if it's on another model though, is she? It's the model it's attached to.