OOK healers in ES Frontier?

Just thinking about long-term for my Frontier crew. A few of the models seem mediocre, but with the major upside of bringing some 1/2/3 heals into the crew (Reichart and Frontiersman).

Are there any other good alternatives? Searching around I don't see many models that have actions (or bonus actions/after resolving triggers) to heal that well, and instead often comes tied to some other ability (for instance, the Damned heals on kills).

Am I missing some key models?

1 minute ago, touchdown said:

Jedza of course ;)

It looks like they don't have a lot of healing probably because of how Seeker and Chronicle work. Seems they're more about putting shielded on models before they take damage.

Haha, I did spot Jedza (and Cooper) as options, but that seemed a bit hardcore xD

In a way it is good news for me. Just one more reason to stay in-keyword with Frontier, which is part of my favourite way to play!

9 minutes ago, Fluffaluffacus said:

Effigy and Emissary have their Aura. And Hopeful Prospect on a Rams trigger on their Safety Precautions. Could be solid in Frontier as well, turning into a rough rider after killing a model. Lamplighter honestly could be good with unnatural glow and terrain markers.

Yeah, those all seem a bit harder to set up, but definitely worth investigating. The Emissary for example seems like it would be quite good in the crew, so worth trialing it for sure!

Hopeful prospect needs a 6+ of rams to go off (as opposed to just any tomes), so feels quite a bit weaker on the healing front. It also incidentally nukes focus and shielded, which can occasionally be an issue.

Lamplighters seem like they take a bit of setup, but their fail case is still heal one which is neat. Also they seem fantastic with the crew anyway for setting up markers. Basse + Lamplighters on Leave Your Mark seems super cool.

3 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yeah, those all seem a bit harder to set up, but definitely worth investigating. The Emissary for example seems like it would be quite good in the crew, so worth trialing it for sure!

Hopeful prospect needs a 6+ of rams to go off (as opposed to just any tomes), so feels quite a bit weaker on the healing front. It also incidentally nukes focus and shielded, which can occasionally be an issue.

Lamplighters seem like they take a bit of setup, but their fail case is still heal one which is neat. Also they seem fantastic with the crew anyway for setting up markers. Basse + Lamplighters on Leave Your Mark seems super cool.

Dont forget, the heal also works off dust markers so its not as hard as it seems.

• Like 1

Just now, LeperColony said:

The thing about going OOK with Frontier is you lose Home on the Range.  So either you decide not to care about it, or you have to do something about the fact that someone is going to start 4-6" behind.

Yeah, looking forward to exploring that. I think you could go pretty far OOK, though. With Bernadette, Rough Rider, and Cornelius, you can start in the same position using Ride With Me.

Of course it'll be neat if it just works well fully in keyword. I do like the keyword heals so far.

2 minutes ago, HomelessOne said:

I know people have issues with it as an action, mechanically, but Stoic Nod is the greatest heal in the game thematically.

Haha, I kind of like it mechanically as well (although it is annoying that the only model with Stoic Nod with triggers is the cheapest model with Stoic Nod??), but totally agree thematically it is amazing xD

I just love that Basse and Reichart are sitting there dripping blood, and just nod at each other and charge back into the action.

12 hours ago, HomelessOne said:

I know people have issues with it as an action, mechanically, but Stoic Nod is the greatest heal in the game thematically.

I think the issue most people have with it is the Quality of AP it is using up. It's only on expensive models. If it was on Berendette and the frontiersmen, people would probably really like it. (And that just gives me the image of Basse surrounding himself with "yes men").

If you need extra heal then depending on how you play I would look at the Aura of Courage or the lamp lighter. 

Both are pretty good healing, the aura is fairly free healing, but only in close range, where as the lamplighter also comes with a useful push with the heal. 

• Like 1

So I played a game with Basse in the Jan tourney, and the Rough Riders healing with Ride with Me is actually pretty good! However I was against Titania and they had Serena Bowman with Bottle of Painkillers that is just better in every way than I could do, and on a cheaper model. I just think it's a little unfair haha :(
Imo Stoic Nod should be a bonus action, because then it would see some use. And you would have to choose whether to dust or not (Basse's dust with the reposition is GREAT!)!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adran said:

Both are pretty good healing, the aura is fairly free healing, but only in close range, where as the lamplighter also comes with a useful push with the heal. 

Lit lamps could also help you if you happen to put dust clouds such that you need that + to get through the concealment... just saying

• Like 2