Write me something about Nellie

After a long pause, I've come back to the game. I own a lot of Masters and Factions, but Guild has a special place in my heart and Nellie was one of my favourites (especially now that McCabe has left).

I remember playing her with Mercenary models, like Bishop and so on, but now? She reminds me of a weaker version of her old self, without access to beaters in her KW, so Versatile or OOK are the way to go.

So, what's her about? Just scheming and controlling? As new models (Newsies, False Witnesses, etc) add a lot in that sense.

Has anyone of you played her with great results?

Thanks in advance.

Puto

I love Nellie in her current state.  She's probably not our strongest, but she is very difficult to put down, and her keyword has one of our strongest models in phiona and one of the most interesting in the undercover reporter.

Dade can be very effective and i rarely run Nellie without her.

The minions are all ok.  If I'm bringing a undercover I'll almost always bring a lawyer or a false witness, to use his bonus to get some nice early card draw until he unburies.  Most people don't like the newsies, but I find that if they are working in nellie's bubble they can be a nasty little attack.

For ook all the all stars work well for Nellie.  The rider, grimwell, Stewie all are nice fits.  

The hardest thing for me is too often my plan depends on Nellie doing too much of the work. Don't like that.

I've also run a basse list with Nellie as a second, spamming traps to make tons of markers for Nellie to hurt people with.  A game I tried that is on my YouTube as a battle report (as well as a basic Nellie v. Lucas game actual play) I think.

The report is here-https://youtu.be/WBcRje-AJU4

It was a fun game.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
11 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I love Nellie in her current state.  She's probably not our strongest, but she is very difficult to put down, and her keyword has one of our strongest models in phiona and one of the most interesting in the undercover reporter.

Dade can be very effective and i rarely run Nellie without her.

The minions are all ok.  If I'm bringing a undercover I'll almost always bring a lawyer or a false witness, to use his bonus to get some nice early card draw until he unburies.  Most people don't like the newsies, but I find that if they are working in nellie's bubble they can be a nasty little attack.

For ook all the all stars work well for Nellie.  The rider, grimwell, Stewie all are nice fits.  

The hardest thing for me is too often my plan depends on Nellie doing too much of the work. Don't like that.

I've also run a basse list with Nellie as a second, spamming traps to make tons of markers for Nellie to hurt people with.  A game I tried that is on my YouTube as a battle report (as well as a basic Nellie v. Lucas game actual play) I think.

The report is here-https://youtu.be/WBcRje-AJU4

It was a fun game.

All cool, I thought Phiona, Dade and the Undercover were all good models so nice to hear that. 

I don't get how you gonna draw cards with Reporter and False Witness, maybe I'm missing something. And about Newsies + Nellie's bubble, you mean giving enemies both Distracted and Stunned, right?

So, I imagine it's not possible to go for a full Journalist crew, 'cause, aside Phione, you're gonna miss some damage potential.

Thanks, I'm going to watch your game later!

5 minutes ago, ElPuto said:

All cool, I thought Phiona, Dade and the Undercover were all good models so nice to hear that. 

I don't get how you gonna draw cards with Reporter and False Witness, maybe I'm missing something.

Both the lawyers and false witnesses have following orders and the undercover can make them interact

And about Newsies + Nellie's bubble, you mean giving enemies both Distracted and Stunned, right?

and give focus to most of the crew and drawing a card, and if within 6 of a lawyer making them discard one

So, I imagine it's not possible to go for a full Journalist crew, 'cause, aside Phione, you're gonna miss some damage potential.
Sure you can.  Dade and the totem can both put out damage, as can twisting their ideals on Nellie.   And though I prefer damage dealing in gg1, it's not the only in malifaux.
Thanks, I'm going to watch your game later!

Answered in line above

• Thanks 1

I think Nellie is possibly my favourite master in guild currently. She may not be the strongest, but I just love how it plays! I tend to bring a lawyer, but then stay mostly in keyword because I like synergy....

It says something about the game of malifaux though, that your strategy doesn't have to be run in and kill the enemy! They do very well at hindering the opponent, and you use your beaters like Phiona to take out any problem models (for me, those that remove conditions, or have built in positives to attack). Then the rest of your crew doles out sow and staggered and stops the opponent playing how they want to!

• Thanks 1

Nellie is a really versatile master and she is shines in Recover Evidence. My go to's are Phiona, Stewie and Lawyer.

Lawyer is just toooo good. He's giving us shilded, obeys and nice card draws. Phiona...She is the powerhouse, even have some synergu with lawyer (by using bring it, stupid but true). Stewie end negative conditions and makes PPress Hot off the presses attack action shine.

So those models are most!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1