Komainu vs Gokudo?

Regelridderen

I'm not a Yan Lo expert, but...

Gokudo are part of some crazy combos (particularly for Ressers) to get two activations out of some of the elite models. They are just perfect for replacing as you get a new Gokudo.

I think most people don't like Komainu, but if you're against an opponent who doesn't have something to negate armour, they can be extremely strong at holding up enemies. They're also quite fast with a Reliquary, and quite bad without one.

In summary, I think a lot of people prefer to put their reliquaries on models other than Komainu, in which case you don't want to take them. If you do take them, they seem decently potent! I found them annoying facing them as tanky scheme runners.

gokudo is probably my go to for reliquary purposes, but sometimes I find the enemy just kills them before the ancestors, making the replacement redundant.  komainu are usually a pain to take down, requiring 4 attacks usually, with no armor penetration. 

gokudo is technically the better schemer due to risky maneuver giving you a free disengage, but at the price of being more squishy. 

basically its matchup dependent, but if I'm hurting for points in my list, I go for gokudo.

• Agree 1

On 1/15/2021 at 8:57 AM, Modernpenguin said:

gokudo is probably my go to for reliquary purposes, but sometimes I find the enemy just kills them before the ancestors, making the replacement redundant.  komainu are usually a pain to take down, requiring 4 attacks usually, with no armor penetration. 

gokudo is technically the better schemer due to risky maneuver giving you a free disengage, but at the price of being more squishy. 

basically its matchup dependent, but if I'm hurting for points in my list, I go for gokudo.

That's basically mine.

If you're wanting them as replacements, Gokudo are better. If you're wanting to Chiaki an Upgrade on, and let them go do their thing by themselves where they can avoid Anti-armor tech, Komainu.

I was able to use a Gokudo to accomplish Power Ritual and Outflank in Corner Deployment by getting him in one corner, Bloodlining in Izamu (I think) and teleporting the replacement to the other corner, but I haven't played Ancestor in GG1 (or much of GG1, Covid sucks), so don't know if there's much opening for this kind of trick now.