Lucius Crew Inspirations

Regelridderen

I want Lucius to work for me, but he doesn’t. So I’d love some inspiration for fielding him. So the idea of this tread is to post a list - with a few pointers on how you make it work and when.

-

Here’s one to start with.

Lucius, Scribe, Candy. Agent 46, Doppleganger, Guild Lawyer, 2 False Witness, 8 stones.

The mimics copy Candy or the Lawyers Obeys, while the Witness hand out Adversary, Distraction and denying Cheats. Increasing the efficiency of the others - and Candy makes a mess of everything. I can’t wait to try it out, once the plague has lifted.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, Lucius is a hard one. I'm not suited for the "obey your opponent" style, since I cant wrap my head around it in the midst of a game. Therefor I came to use Lucius in different kind of ways. One (obvious) way is the "shift of AP" in which I use the AP of Lucius, Lawyer, Changeling and sometimes Vasilisa or Agent 46 to activate another model - preferably a minion-beater, agent 46, alan reid or angel eyes to stomp someone. Of course coordinated attack can be used this way, too. 

In the following core-list I tend to use Lucius as a "little" devilish puppet master for collodi is DMH. Its a core-list since ther are 19 SS left to adapt to strat and schemes. I used this core in a campaign, in which no OOK models were allowed (so no BBS builds)... it performed well.

Lucius, Scribe, Agent 46, Alan Reid, Vasilisa, 2x Wicked Doll     +19 SS left

This list consists of models that can hit (agent, alan), interrupt (alan, scribe) and move (vasilisa&dolls). If needed, Vasilisa can change this list to a beaty one killing the dolls and summoning stiched together. By increasing the carddraw (add a Changeling/a Lawyer) Vasilisa can summon Stiched very easily (alan can one-hit a staggered doll if needed). Vasilisa can use staggered as well as Alan and the Dolls. Adding a Changeling is also awesome to "just like you" the issue command and let agent 46 occasionaly mimic "just like you" which most oponents dont have in mind and which made me score in several games. 

Yes - I know - this isn't the awesome, astonishing brand new idea no ever had before... It's kind of obvious BUT this list really has potential IF played well- it took me a lot of games to get to know the possibilities and combinations of Lucius and his keyword and another several matches to really understand and play the list above. It's a flexible list - not a "one trick pony" and should be played this way. And furthermore this list plays different depending on how you spend the 19SS...

• Like 3

I play Lucius most of my games, most of my lists start with 2 changelings with AP, a lawyer. If there is anything kill related in the SS I'll bring a mature Nephilim with IR. I usually take Agent 46 and/or the doppelganger depending on what is needed. Turn one usually is buffing and moving my big guys, like the mature, 46, or dopple. I love to charge with the mature last activation of turn one and kill something or at least get engaged. With all of the card draw in the crew I often have 2+ severes in my hand by the end of the turn so you can get Obey off if you need to. I am a big fan of hidden sniper though I like it better in guild with Expert Marksman. The trick I have found with him is learning how to sculpt your hand with the cards you drew. So far he is the only master I have taken with no stones and it worked out fine that game. I've played through a first hand dozens of time to figure out how I would react with what I drew.

• Like 2

Ok next one. Same campaign. So no ook! 
this Build would be better fielding a BBS performing his blasphemous rituals giving angel eyes more focus. The false witness handing out adversary to angel eyes so you get :+flipobeying her. Agent 46 mimics the gun. 

Lucius Eyes  (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 9
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Angel Eyes
  Agent 46
  Alan Reid
  Guild Lawyer 2
  False Witness 3
  Changeling

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

And a next one:

this time with mature OOK to stomp on enemy models. Also agent 46 and serena to add some punch. Serena healing and misplace in essential situations. 
changelings adding AP swap to buff the mature and agent with lots of focus turn 1. afterwards they add additional actions in melee or go scheming (disguised and stealth are quite good)... 

lawyer adding shielded and potentially obey enemy models. Or serena. 

once again: nothing special but solid punch & AP Control & Card draw

Lucius  (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 4
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Mature Nephilim
  Agent 46
  Serena Bowman
  Guild Lawyer
  Changeling
  Changeling 2
  Changeling 3

• Like 1

I have a dumb Luci list I've played twice now.

The Audacity

Lucius Mattheson 4 SS

The Scribe

Wicked Doll

Wicked Doll 2

Doppleganger

Vasilisa

Investigator

Guild Lawyer (AP)

Agent 46

The idea is to manipulate staggered as much as possible Plus Vas is a real monster and can summon in Stitched for you. Agent 46 or Dopple can be swapped out for Hina as well when the need arises.

I'm a big fan of the following

New Lucius Mattheson Crew (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 8
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Mature Nephilim
    Inhuman Reflexes
  Mature Nephilim 2
    Inhuman Reflexes
  Guild Lawyer
    Ancient Pact
  Guild Lawyer 2
    Ancient Pact

All 8 points are flex with Bowman, Doppelganger, or a pair of Changelings all getting mileage depending on the pool and opposing crew. Luci stays back, is usually under Scribe aura, and Serene Countenance means its really unlikely you want stones for prevention, you draw so much I never felt bad about bot having stones for cards, and needing suits for his actions is mostly matchup dependent on Purification imo.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2021 at 1:24 AM, Roadhouse said:

I'm a big fan of the following

New Lucius Mattheson Crew (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 8
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Mature Nephilim
    Inhuman Reflexes
  Mature Nephilim 2
    Inhuman Reflexes
  Guild Lawyer
    Ancient Pact
  Guild Lawyer 2
    Ancient Pact

All 8 points are flex with Bowman, Doppelganger, or a pair of Changelings all getting mileage depending on the pool and opposing crew. Luci stays back, is usually under Scribe aura, and Serene Countenance means its really unlikely you want stones for prevention, you draw so much I never felt bad about bot having stones for cards, and needing suits for his actions is mostly matchup dependent on Purification imo.

I tried something similar recently, except trading 1 lawyer and both AP upgrades for a changelig and doppleganger leaving me with 6SS cache.

Despite my opponent brining Anna Lovelace, it worked pretty well. The matures are just incredible with IR in this crew.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Roadhouse said:

I think Z is better for the Vasi style lists becuase she makes the scrap to summon off of. BBS are also better with Z because their interaction with Bokors. Serena is a straight baller in Luci though because he is better at finding the high tomes for her Hole in the World.

I can see the use of Vasilisa in Z Crews. She also fits in Lucius‘ very good! Cause of the staggered mechanic and if you love Alan Reid like I do, you might want to use Vasilisa to make him real good🤗 and there are other synergies:

1.Lucius‘ card draw gives you the 9(+) Mask you need to summon

2. Vasilisa fits in well paired with BBS to grow into mature first turn. 
3. you can use false witnesses to their max. First you can activate „tell the truth“ without activating the witness (manipulative). Distraction aura, adversary or tell the truth makes stiched (and Allan) much better. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 3:11 AM, extremor said:

And a next one:

this time with mature OOK to stomp on enemy models. Also agent 46 and serena to add some punch. Serena healing and misplace in essential situations. 
changelings adding AP swap to buff the mature and agent with lots of focus turn 1. afterwards they add additional actions in melee or go scheming (disguised and stealth are quite good)... 

lawyer adding shielded and potentially obey enemy models. Or serena. 

once again: nothing special but solid punch & AP Control & Card draw

Lucius  (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 4
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Mature Nephilim
  Agent 46
  Serena Bowman
  Guild Lawyer
  Changeling
  Changeling 2
  Changeling 3

Hi.  I just got Lucius and the changelings.  Would you be able to help me understand how AP swap is used to buff the matures and 46 with focus please?  Thanks.

Congratulations to the most stylish master of the Neverborn 🥰

If I play mature nephilim I want him stacked with focus. Since he can only concentrate once during his own activation I use Lucius’ „issue command“ to concentrate with him during the activation of Lucius. One or two changeling and lawyers can do the same. Chagelings use „just like you“ to copy „issue command“ from Lucius. Lawyers use obey. 

• Like 2

The turns after the mature is in combat I have had Lucius make it attack twice and then charge after it killed the first target.  First Lucius issues comand to the mature then issues to a changeling who in turn issues the mature.  3 ap the issue to the other changeling to make the mature charge. The first Lucius Ap could be used to Focus the mature as well.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, extremor said:

Congratulations to the most stylish master of the Neverborn 🥰

If I play mature nephilim I want him stacked with focus. Since he can only concentrate once during his own activation I use Lucius’ „issue command“ to concentrate with him during the activation of Lucius. One or two changeling and lawyers can do the same. Chagelings use „just like you“ to copy „issue command“ from Lucius. Lawyers use obey. 

You can also use Lucius to Issue Command to a Lawyer to Obey a Mature, this will yield a card from the lawyer if you have less than your hand size or card cycle if at max hand size.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Rivers said:

You can also use Lucius to Issue Command to a Lawyer to Obey a Mature, this will yield a card from the lawyer if you have less than your hand size or card cycle if at max hand size.

If you get that 9+ needed for the obey you are perfectly right. Sometimes it is wise to do so, sometimes not. I would simply look at my discard pile to get an idea...

I played a game yesterday using:

2  Blackblood shaman
vasilia
wicked doll (to  put adversary on my own obey targets)
2 lawyers
changeling (AP)
false witnes (AP)
0 SS

deployment corner, strategy:symbols of authotity (so a lot of distance to cover)

first turn I placed shield 2 on both nephlin and got the 4 masks to trigger 4 times the corpse creation.
BBS1 attack the other twice and did the ritual, (1 focus to all the crew)
vasilia order the BBS1 to do the ritual again (1 focus every one) and got the mature(6health) MAT1
added shielding to the mature
BBS2 attack the mature ,2 masks(heals 2 to the MAT1) , and focus +1 evrey one.
then espent some obeys and lucius command to give more focus to both of them.

First thing next turn, vasilia force the BBS2 to change to mature, MAT2, so both Matures get to regenerate  and fly the second turn. geting the MAT1 to 10 health and the MAT to 8. 

The setup wasent extremely complicated and the payback was brutal, 4 focus all arround, the second turn  both flanks got covered by the neplhins and scored on strategy and kill 3 models. I will probably repeat.

33 minutes ago, Raising said:

BBS2 attack the mature ,2 masks(heals 2 to the MAT1) , and focus +1 evrey one.

Just a note on attacking your own mature. Due to the wording on combat finesse, you can't cheat this action, even if it's your own model, so it's a bit of a gamble getting the mask trigger.

(If you do BBS2 before Vasilisa you don't have this problem)

The BBS grow engine is better with Z because the Black Blood turns on Bokors, Bokors generate a ton of cards with all the glowy and fast, Z makes scrap for Vasi to turn into Stitched and the Bokors generate the cards to get the 9+ Mask. There is a ton of nested synergy there and bringing the Emissary to take advantage of the pulsed focus is 👨‍🍳💋

• Like 2