Is there any Malifaux model that is not M3E playable?

On 1/5/2021 at 6:21 AM, Adran said:

Hamlin was originally a 40 mm model (minion) before he got promoted to Master, but that model was him and Nix, so if you really wanted you could have based it onto 2 separate bases. I can't think  of another Base size change off the top of my head unless you count the hanged Eric and Nathan that were a different size to the hanged, but they became Montressor legal proxies in M2e. )

The metal Ice Golem of M1E was originally on a 40, so if you properly based it then you would just need to put your 40 based Ice Golem on a 50 base (many 50s perfectly fit a 40 on them).

I suppose Avatar Colette might also fall into this as well since her 3 models were all on 30s, so don't quite fit the Avatar = Emissary rule, but could certainly all proxy in as Colette herself, or be rebased on a 50 to be an emissary proxy.  I think there might be another Avatar on a 40 (but see Ice Golem 40->50 easy "conversion" noted above).

Non-master Hamelin & non-master Misaki are models that 'lost rules' over edition changes (effectively removed as rules options from the game) though they can be used for the master versions if put on the correct base sizes.

The Tooth, The Thorn, and The Claw were consolidated into just being all Autumn Knights, so the models can be used, but the separate 'characters' don't exist as separate rules.

The only Malifaux model I own that I can't really use for Malifaux anymore is my metal Guardian.  Not because the base size is wrong or the model doesn't have rules or I don't play the factions it can be used, but because the darn thing's knees are sooooo thin (think yan lo's beard) that the heavy metal body broke it's own legs under it's own weight and there isn't enough leg to even pretend to pin it.  I suppose I could rebuild the legs from scratch, but....

On 1/5/2021 at 12:01 PM, touchdown said:

GW minis are pretty amazing. Even if you don't like how they look the technical accomplishments they have hiding mold lines etc is above what anyone is doing

Bleh - I hate the aesthetic they've gone with so for me they hold no appeal. I can appreciate skill in creation, but I hate the product. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 8:40 PM, Cats Laughing said:

The only Malifaux model I own that I can't really use for Malifaux anymore is my metal Guardian.  Not because the base size is wrong or the model doesn't have rules or I don't play the factions it can be used, but because the darn thing's knees are sooooo thin (think yan lo's beard) that the heavy metal body broke it's own legs under it's own weight and there isn't enough leg to even pretend to pin it.  I suppose I could rebuild the legs from scratch, but....

I would just put a long pin through the body and straight into the base. I've done this for quite a few models and when you paint the pin black it really doesn't make it aesthetically unpleasing. I mean, you can hide inside a tall grass tuft or something if you feel like it but I really feel that the pin isn't a problem even when visible.

Here's an example (the paintjob is very WIP as is evident but should still show my point):

WispWIP.jpg

• Like 3

Well I was one of the weird ones who played Raethford in M2E. He wasn't a official M2E model but he had a full set of rules (that were really fun and interesting) and you could even proxy him using the male multi part kit. Technically he no longer has rules for M3E but I don't think you could really count him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jesy Blue said:

I forgot all about him!

Seeing as Carver & Silent Knight were scenario specific, I wonder why Raethford didn't get the same treatment?

Because a) he's history, and b) he didn't have a cool model concept.  :P  I mean, Carver started out essentially as a cool model that you could at best use as an alt, and that's where Silent Knight is sitting.  Carver probably got promoted to "real model" because it filled the combination of a) cool existing model, b) popular model, c) filled an opening in the design space.