Can’t find Master upgrade cards

vincent305

25 minutes ago, vincent305 said:

I downloaded the crew builder as well as pdfs for the cards from the wyrd website, but I don’t see master upgrades? I haven’t played since v2, so am I missing something ? Are they gone?

M3 has reduced upgrades from last edited, and you generally only have 3 faction upgrades to choose from. 

5 hours ago, vincent305 said:

My initial reaction to this is a disappointed one. I enjoyed having an aggressive Marcus or a tanky one. One of the appeals to Mali for me was the versatility that the master upgrade cards offered. I’m sure M3 gained in other areas though

Haha thats super funny because as a master Marcus has completely changed and his new playstyle revolves around... Upgrades! At the start of his turn he gets to attach one of his upgrades, so you can give him Armor, Onslaught, Flying etc.

21 hours ago, vincent305 said:

My initial reaction to this is a disappointed one. I enjoyed having an aggressive Marcus or a tanky one. One of the appeals to Mali for me was the versatility that the master upgrade cards offered. I’m sure M3 gained in other areas though

One of the things that was rumored at the end of the playtest, and is kind of borne out in the rules regarding titles, is that instead of having Master Upgrades, there will instead be alternate Master cards.

So you might get a Seamus Summoner, or a combat wombat Sonnia or Von Schill in a tankette (which I didn't know I wanted until I googled it, and now I demand it).

It would allow the model to be balanced around it's alternate abilities, rather than the hit or miss nature of the Master Upgrades of M2E that lead to some Upgrades being all but stapled to the card, and others never seeing the table.

So unless things have changed (they released a whole new Faction in the meantime), that appears to be the plan. Things change though, like Avatars.